Rumour Lee Martin on loan

Apparently we have enquired about taking Lee Martin left winger on loan from Man Utd for the season. Had spells at Stoke, Plymouth and Sheff Utd.

Plymouth would like to take him again if the fail with a loan bid for Adam Hammil from Liverpool. Could well be the united player we are linked with and not Wallwork.

Grrr, bloody hell, are we their feeder club now? Giving their players the chance to get league experience so that they can go back to Mordor and win the league again which will deprive us of more fans and lead to us stagnating in this division for even longer?

Having said that, would be a quality signing if we could get him on a season long loan.

Would be very impressed if we managed to get him on loan, though i can't see him dropping below championship level

Can't see this one myself, but would be more than impressed if it did! He's v v highly rated and in demand at premiership and championship level so I don't think we have a chance.

If we do sign him I think he will be a great player for us but I don't think we will as he showed some decent quality at Sheff United (where I'm fairly certain he had a part in the balloon gate goal :grin: ) and I'd be surprised if United were to let him come down to our level having shown that he has a bit more potential than that. If he is loaned out at all (Giggsy isn't getting any younger) I'd imagine it would be to a championship/lower level premiership team as opposed to us.

No Martin has been in United Youth setup for years.

Just checked and they did get him from Wimbledon as a kid. 200k rising to a million pounds with appearances. Not really sure if they'll qualify for it anymore but he did come from there as a kid B)

If we do sign him I think he will be a great player for us but I don't think we will as he showed some decent quality at Sheff United (where I'm fairly certain he had a part in the balloon gate goal :grin: ) and I'd be surprised if United were to let him come down to our level having shown that he has a bit more potential than that. If he is loaned out at all (Giggsy isn't getting any younger) I'd imagine it would be to a championship/lower level premiership team as opposed to us.

Likewise for me - be very surprised if he dropped to league 1 level after having played SPL & Championship - but i'd love it if its true....it would be a top signing..

Also, on the Caruso (spl!) post from earlier in the week, he mentioned a permanent signing from Man Utd, but that other clubs were interested too - any chance that it could be Luke Chadwick?? Anyone heard anything??

Grrr, bloody hell, are we their feeder club now? Giving their players the chance to get league experience so that they can go back to Mordor and win the league again which will deprive us of more fans and lead to us stagnating in this division for even longer?

Having said that, would be a quality signing if we could get him on a season long loan.

So what if it'd look like we're their feeder club. The amount of quality young talent that City and United have that we should be looking at as their neighbours and constantly miss out on, year on year, is a disgrace. City just won the youth cup and have a host of kid's who'd more than warrant a place in our starting 11.