all talk of a score board have been put on hold until the new stadium development is underway.

We should just get one of those that Port Vale had a couple of years ago, it was tiny and just sat on the floor, but it was still easy enough to read from the other side of the ground, i mean how much could that have possibly cost?

Who needs a scoreboard? Follow this simple plan:

If we are beating the other lot out of sight and they have no hope of a comeback - loudly point it out to them in a mocking fashion

If we are getting stuffed, lie. Pretend you don't know the score as we don't have a scoreboard. Occasionally, pretend we have scored a phantom goal or 9.

If we are winning narrowly, stay chirpy as if you are just enjoying the game, and under no circumstances gloat.

Surely if we did get a new scoreboard, it would have to be moved from the front of the RRE. There would be no point having it in it's current position as there would be nobody in the Chaddy End to look at it :lol:

That's the fuse pulled out and the grenade thrown into the air so now please excuse me while I retreat to a safe distance to watch this one go off!!!

Surely if we did get a new scoreboard, it would have to be moved from the front of the RRE. There would be no point having it in it's current position as there would be nobody in the Chaddy End to look at it :lol:

That's the fuse pulled out and the grenade thrown into the air so now please excuse me while I retreat to a safe distance to watch this one go off!!!

Slightly mischievous today, aren't we?

BOOM!

Delayed exposion there as I've been busy elsewhere.

Obvoiusly it would have to be moved to the front of the Chaddy to teach the RRE newcomers the words of "Come on Oldham". :grin:

BOOM!

Delayed exposion there as I've been busy elsewhere.

Obvoiusly it would have to be moved to the front of the Chaddy to teach the RRE newcomers the words of "Come on Oldham". :grin:

It's going to be an interesting season to say the least :wink:

Maybe some of the spare parts from the Huddersfield board would fix ours.

IF it then gets fixed all we need to do is install a mirror on top of the Chaddy and those in the Rocky could see it too. Supporters unable to read mirror writing can just take a mirror with them!

Maybe messages in mirror writing could be sent to the board specifically for those in the RRE.

Doh, who cares, we can wait for a proper new one to be installed, once we're solidly established in the Championship.

Edited by laticsrblue

We should just get one of those that Port Vale had a couple of years ago, it was tiny and just sat on the floor, but it was still easy enough to read from the other side of the ground, i mean how much could that have possibly cost?

I think your missing the point a little....

The scoreboard main purpose wont be to show the score...it will be to show advertisements...:)

Anyone remember the old scoreboard from the 1950/60s', plenty of room at the Lookers to bring it back for a bit of nostalgia, and of course it could be used for advertisements.

Who would operate it though, Alan Hardy, Chaddy the Owl ? :D

Edited by BP1960