Quiz question!

Is it tunnels, the ones in group A the tunnels start above the pitch and the ones in group B they are on the same level. Or is it to do with those collapasable tunnel things so the teams in group A don't have them but the ones in group B do.

Is it tunnels, the ones in group A the tunnels start above the pitch and the ones in group B they are on the same level. Or is it to do with those collapasable tunnel things so the teams in group A don't have them but the ones in group B do.

I think you have it there Group A arrive from above pitch level B arrive from pitch level and the other group is below pitch leve.... I think!

What you say may be true but it's not the answer I'm looking for - and besides, where would the teams in group C come into it?

Another clue: for my aforementioned research I found the photographs on Football Ground Guide to be very useful when categorising the teams. Highlights of matches at the teams' grounds were also useful.

What you say may be true but it's not the answer I'm looking for - and besides, where would the teams in group C come into it?

Another clue: for my aforementioned research I found the photographs on Football Ground Guide to be very useful when categorising the teams. Highlights of matches at the teams' grounds were also useful.

Is it something to do with where the TV camera gantry is?

:idea: Yes that is part of the answer well done, but what exactly is the factor that forms the basis for the grouping?

A few more guesses then my next clue will practically give it away.

wooden stands?

Path Around the pitch?

Name Written onto Seats?

Dugout Next to tunnel?

Dugout above pitch level?

Coloured nets as opposed to all white?

Scoreboard only as opposed to a video screen? the third is nothing at all?

Tv gantry faces tunnel?

Edited by philliggi

:idea: Yes that is part of the answer well done, but what exactly is the factor that forms the basis for the grouping?

A few more guesses then my next clue will practically give it away.

It's the side of the pitch the camera gantry is on - is it to do with the player's tunnel being either on the opposite side or the same side to where the main camera gantry is?

Or the geographical location? No, there would have to be 4 tables..

It's the side of the pitch the camera gantry is on - is it to do with the player's tunnel being either on the opposite side or the same side to where the main camera gantry is?

Or the geographical location? No, there would have to be 4 tables..

Nothing to do with the tunnel I'm afraid. And none of those either, Phill. The TV gantry position is very relevant though.

The next clue which should make things a lot easier is: for the video highlights of games at these grounds which I watched, I was particularly interested in ones where the away team scored a goal.

Nothing to do with the tunnel I'm afraid. And none of those either, Phill. The TV gantry position is very relevant though.

The next clue which should make things a lot easier is: for the video highlights of games at these grounds which I watched, I was particularly interested in ones where the away team scored a goal.

Table A: Away fans on the left on TV

Table B: Away fans on the right on TV

Correct?

Table A: Away fans on the left on TV

Table B: Away fans on the right on TV

Correct?

:first::imnotworthy: Well done that is the correct answer!

The grouping depends on where the away fans are in relation to the main TV camera. As rightly guessed by martjs, group A has away fans to the left (such as our own rocky road end being to the left of the lookers as you look out), and group B has away fans to the right.

The mysterious group C has fans who are at neither end, but along the side. An example being at Everton last season where we were 'below' the TV gantry.

The potential for teams to appear in more than one group came from sides that allow away fans in more than one stand.

Another answer could have been to do with the direction that the home team generally attacks in 1st half/2nd half, as it is most common for teams to attack the home end 2nd half. However, due to the occasions where the teams swap through choice or losing the toss, it was more elegant to have the away stand as basis for the answer.

:first::imnotworthy: Well done that is the correct answer!

The grouping depends on where the away fans are in relation to the main TV camera. As rightly guessed by martjs, group A has away fans to the left (such as our own rocky road end being to the left of the lookers as you look out), and group B has away fans to the right.

The mysterious group C has fans who are at neither end, but along the side. An example being at Everton last season where we were 'below' the TV gantry.

The potential for teams to appear in more than one group came from sides that allow away fans in more than one stand.

Another answer could have been to do with the direction that the home team generally attacks in 1st half/2nd half, as it is most common for teams to attack the home end 2nd half. However, due to the occasions where the teams swap through choice or losing the toss, it was more elegant to have the away stand as basis for the answer.

Cheers! Where's my prize?!? :wink: . I needed a lot of clues though. I like those types of question - that was a good one.

As a follow up: how many teams have changed "home" and "away" ends? Like us moving to RRE from Chaddy. I think Aston Villa did (or they may have tried it)

Cheers! Where's my prize?!? :wink: . I needed a lot of clues though. I like those types of question - that was a good one.

As a follow up: how many teams have changed "home" and "away" ends? Like us moving to RRE from Chaddy. I think Aston Villa did (or they may have tried it)

thats too much of a variable question. for example, is the rocky our home end? concidering we still have fans in our historical home end?

I've already given you a 1st place trophy (albeit in smiley form) what else could you want?! Honestly! :wink:

Glad the quiz was appreciated. I may come up with further quizzes of similar difficulty soon. :shifty::ph34r: