Hillstone...............

City did it with the Injury Lawyers firm and they kept the name for a year after.

Why dont we do what Aston Villa have done and put the name of a charity on our shirt??

They only have the administrators in, the company is still going and could be bought out. Not sure if we would have to honour the sponsorship still though. I assume that it would be just easy to keep it as it is (if they've paid up for this season).

Because we aren't a premiership club who get £60million+ in tv rights alone.

But if we have already been paid up for the remainder of the Hillstone sponsership there is nothing to stop us doing what Villa have done

that was my theory

Guest M_OAFC
I thought this was common knowledge?

Everyone had pretty much worked out that it was almost certainly going to happen but it's only now that it actually is happening (officially going into administration that is).

The rarely wrong also quotes Alan Hardy confirming that Hillstone have paid up for the coming season so our shirts will definitely carry their name till the end of the season at which point the deal was due to expire anyway.

So as far as OAFC are concerned there has been no real damage done.

Having said that I'm sure Hillstone would have been interested in an involvement with the development at BP but it doesn't sound like there was ever anything concrete in place, rather it was a matter still open for discussion with any potential developer. Besides, if this was to be Hillstone's fate then perhaps it is as well that they didn't get involved.

From what I've heard it sounds like it was more than just the fall in property value and the credit crunch that has been Hillstone's undoing. Apparently they were trying to grow too fast and buying up and commencing too many new developments before existing ones were finished, hence the cash to finance the new ones was yet to materialise from the older ones leading to a situation where even allowing for the fall in property prices the company was perfectly viable in terms of it's potential wealth when all it's projects were finished, but completely skint when it came to funding the completion of any of them, obviously meaning that the potential earnings never actually came in. Apparently this would have been a recipe for disaster in the end even if property prices were still booming.

I keep saying apparently because I'm just relaying what I've been told by those who've had dealings with Hillstone. Personally I neither know nor care the first thing about the intricacies of running a business but no doubt some smart arse will feel the need to come on here and grace us with his/her wealth of business accumen so i thought I'd throw in what I'm hearing.

Whatever caused it I feel sorry for anyone that will suffer as a result.

Yeah, I am sure they will be queuing up!

Sponsor Oldham and kiss your business goodbye! :lol:

Seriously though, our recent sponsors have not faired too well.

Torex Foundation - Moore put us into administration and nearly killed us, killed Torex and had legal action taken against him by the new owners.

Horners Motor Group - Local dealerships closed / sold

Hillstone - In administration apparently

If this trend contiunes, I for one hope Manchester United FC Ltd sponsor us. It would be worth seeing the scum on our shirts for a year for them to go into administration. :wink:

Just wanted to point out that this is not true. My Wife works for Torex (which Chris Moore now has nothing to do with) and also, it was the Serious Fraud Office that were investigating Mr Moore's business activities and to my knowledge was not instigated by TTA.

JW Lees haven't folded :drinking:

From what I've heard it sounds like it was more than just the fall in property value and the credit crunch that has been Hillstone's undoing. Apparently they were trying to grow too fast and buying up and commencing too many new developments before existing ones were finished, hence the cash to finance the new ones was yet to materialise from the older ones leading to a situation where even allowing for the fall in property prices the company was perfectly viable in terms of it's potential wealth when all it's projects were finished, but completely skint when it came to funding the completion of any of them, obviously meaning that the potential earnings never actually came in. Apparently this would have been a recipe for disaster in the end even if property prices were still booming.

Basically ran out of working capital. Nothing strange in that apart from showing a lack of business acuman. Though I don't think they were businessmen anyway, they were involved in the construction industry and wanted piece of the action i'm sure. I also doubt they would have had the money to be involved in the BP development if they were running out of dosh. I would expect that only decent sized developers would be involved though they also would be the ones who could squeeze more out of us.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Everyone had pretty much worked out that it was almost certainly going to happen but it's only now that it actually is happening (officially going into administration that is).

The rarely wrong also quotes Alan Hardy confirming that Hillstone have paid up for the coming season so our shirts will definitely carry their name till the end of the season at which point the deal was due to expire anyway.

So as far as OAFC are concerned there has been no real damage done.

Having said that I'm sure Hillstone would have been interested in an involvement with the development at BP but it doesn't sound like there was ever anything concrete in place, rather it was a matter still open for discussion with any potential developer. Besides, if this was to be Hillstone's fate then perhaps it is as well that they didn't get involved.

I keep saying apparently because I'm just relaying what I've been told by those who've had dealings with Hillstone. Personally I neither know nor care the first thing about the intricacies of running a business but no doubt some smart arse will feel the need to come on here and grace us with his/her wealth of business accumen so i thought I'd throw in what I'm hearing.

Whatever caused it I feel sorry for anyone that will suffer as a result.

"it doesn't sound like there was ever anything concrete in place" ........If you pardon the pun.

Edited by Rick

Basically ran out of working capital. Nothing strange in that apart from showing a lack of business acuman. Though I don't think they were businessmen anyway, they were involved in the construction industry and wanted piece of the action i'm sure. I also doubt they would have had the money to be involved in the BP development if they were running out of dosh. I would expect that only decent sized developers would be involved though they also would be the ones who could squeeze more out of us.

I suppose if the market was strong they could have pulled out of some of their existing jobs, but nobody is going to buy them out of projects that are going to struggle to sell when completed.

I don't like to big myself up about my achievements, but I do feel I have done my part in bringing about this important state of affairs

I suppose if the market was strong they could have pulled out of some of their existing jobs, but nobody is going to buy them out of projects that are going to struggle to sell when completed.

I don't like to big myself up about my achievements, but I do feel I have done my part in bringing about this important state of affairs

as i have been led to beleive,they have paid up there sponsership deal to latics so the coming season will carry hillstones name on the shirts...

2009/10 season we was due to change sponsors anyway.....away shirts only seem to have a 12 month life span these days.....

now how about the 3 a's company in america sponsoring us ....get there communications company more exposure.....and keeps us going so to speak until the stadium is rebuilt.....there must be a good tax dodge in the states somewhere.lol

yet more proof that speculate to accumulate needs more than the ability to say 'speculate to accumulate' to succeed. this is why people who criticise TTA saying we should spend spend spend are wrong (but we should spend spend spend on davies btw)

as i have been led to beleive,they have paid up there sponsership deal to latics so the coming season will carry hillstones name on the shirts...

2009/10 season we was due to change sponsors anyway.....away shirts only seem to have a 12 month life span these days.....

now how about the 3 a's company in america sponsoring us ....get there communications company more exposure.....and keeps us going so to speak until the stadium is rebuilt.....there must be a good tax dodge in the states somewhere.lol

Do you not feel that money from other sources might be preferable!!?? Crikey, the 3A's are puttng enough in directly - and maybe from CNG too. They ARE keeping us going !!

Not wanting to put a feather in Chris Moore's hat, but it's only fair to point out that the Torex sponsorship was in respect of a charitable foundation.

Latics were therefore probably the 1st team to be sponsored by a charity, even if it was just a tax evasion scam by Moore.

Not wanting to put a feather in Chris Moore's hat, but it's only fair to point out that the Torex sponsorship was in respect of a charitable foundation.

In that case I hope Satan gives him a biscuit before throwing him into an eternity of sulphury Hell.

Torex had a foundation that put money into supporting youth activities. Good idea and good practice.

However, Moore diverted that money (or much of it) to sponsoring Latics - the youth side of it, allegedly. So the cash that had previously going to young people now came to Latics. Big Torex on our shirts but the cash didn't come out of company coffers directly but out of the Foundation ! nice tax break.

Edited by LaticsPete

Allsports whilst sponsoring Charlton and St Helen's

Saints had a three year deal with Allsports at the time of their demise in 2005. We got Earth in pretty quickly (touted as a £200k - £250k per year deal) so really didn't lose out on any sponsorship cash. However, Earth themselves were placed in administration back in 2007 and Pilkies took over the sponsorship. The new deal is estimated at around £400k - £500k per year, which isn't bad considering. Add that to the Hattons sponsorship, and the ground sponsorship with GPW Recruitment (I don't know how much this is worth) and Saints now have a strong sponsorship portfolio.

Just wanted to point out that this is not true. My Wife works for Torex (which Chris Moore now has nothing to do with) and also, it was the Serious Fraud Office that were investigating Mr Moore's business activities and to my knowledge was not instigated by TTA.

I am happy to be corrected, but it was my understanding that Torex were merged with iSoft, then bought by an Australian company (whose name escapes me). It was the Australian company that then took legal action against him. I never meant that TTA took legal action against him.

Again, I am happy to be corrected as this is from my very flakey memory.

Edit:

I have no doubt you are right, cos you would have to have your story pretty straight while at BP, just incase anyone found out your wife works for Torex! :omg::omg:

Edited by BlueInAus