Who was our worst manager in your opinion?

Tommy_Fent

Who was our Worst Manager?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who was our Worst Manager?

• Brian Talbot
    • Greame Sharp
    • Ronnie Moore
    • Neil Warnock
    • Other

just to follow on from another thread, although Moore and Warnock played terrible football they did get results, having read his autobiography it sounds possibly that Greame Sharp blames everyone else for his failings (most noteably Ian Stott), Talbot was tactically inept, but we beat City and he brought in Croft, Killkenny and Hughes

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like you said, Ronnie Moore got results, In my eyes he's not the worse "manager" then even if the footy was dire.

Wadsworth for me, had loads of money and wasted it on absolute :censored:e in the main.

Talbot was bad but he didnt have the funds behind him otherwise he would have got my vote.

Didn't like Moore, but not many did.

Anyone who votes Moore is wrong - cant understand why someone would vote for him.

I voted Sharp.

Sharp is by far are worse manager... I accept the argument he had no money but year after year the club went backward...it was possible to stop the rot be he faild to do this...

Brian Talbot is next... Nothing good came out of his time here....lucky not to go down!

Warnock.... Cant be blamed for the relegation we was pritty much doomed when he took over. Stablised the club following year and could of moved us forward if we had some money

Ronnie..... saved from relegation, finished 10th next year....only an idiot would vote him are worse manager ever.....

Edited by oafc0000

I have to agree it's just plain daft voting for Ronald. I must have forgotten the scintillating football we got under the others... As I've said before Talbot was fairly inept when things really staring going bad, but he was every bit as unlucky as Colin in the circumstances he found himself in IMO

Id say that their opinion is marred by the fact they dont like his style of football rather than anything else.

Worst manager - there are facts to back up why he was nowhere near worst.

Didn't Stitch have his fair share of extremist outers at one point as well?

"One man's meat is another man's poison" a Joe Royle quote,arguably the most successful manager in Latics history.

i remember a time towards the end of his stewardship,when some would have been more than happy to see him sacked!

Idiot?????

matter of personal opinion.

No its a matter of fact....

Saved from relegation....finished 10th season aftewards....then the team he built finished in the playoffs....nowhere near the worse and anyone who disagrees is showing how little they know about life before Ronnie or showing how much they dont know about football.....

Playing boring long ball football dose not make you a bad manager...its make your a boring manager...big difference....

Edited by oafc0000

No its a matter of fact....

Saved from relegation....finished 10th season aftewards....then the team he built finished in the playoffs....nowhere near the worse and anyone who disagrees is showing how little they know about life before Ronnie or showing how much they dont know about football.....

Playing boring long ball football dose not make you a bad manager...its make your a boring manager...big difference....

I can assure you that i know quite a bit about life pre Ronnie,as for results,i can't recall mentioning them in my initial post!

The only fact that i can see,is that your spelling is dreadful Mr 0000 fact!!!

I can assure you that i know quite a bit about life pre Ronnie,as for results,i can't recall mentioning them in my initial post!

The only fact that i can see,is that your spelling is dreadful Mr 0000 fact!!!

At least im not stupid enough to say Ronnie is the worse manger from a bunch consisting of Sharp and Talbot :lol: What a prat :D

Edited by oafc0000

As I said in the other post on this... it is lunacy to suggest that Ronnie was the worst manager we have had... he had a plan A, which although was ugly and didnt take advantage of wellens - our best player, was a plan.... as has been said, both Talbot and sharpe didnt have a sodding clue what they were doing.... Ronnie got a fair percentage of decent results with his tactics, the only decent results Sharpe and talbot got were pure flukes....

Its also worth noting who is still in management... I know it was with the biased dippers, however Ronnie is still working, Talbot fell like a stone to whatever maltese girls team he is currently managing, and sharpe buggered off from mangement quicker than we dropped divisions... for me that shows in itself that Moore is a decent manager at our level... not for us in a million years, but he will always have a job somewhere...