Swindon end interest in Southend midfielder

Guest oa_exile
I'll be surprised if we get him, however house prices are cheaper up here.

Do you think if the club throw in free rent it would sway it ? :lol:

Do you think if the club throw in free rent it would sway it ? :lol:

Is it me, or if we are looking for a midfielder, I would prefer to bring this Phillips in, pace, flair with some width? I think we are covered in the centre. Unless we have a taker for Kalala???? We have Allot, Kalala, Whittaker, Eardley, Stephens (Taylor/Lids at a push) and thats before we look at the kids. Think Phillips would be a better option.

Is it me, or if we are looking for a midfielder, I would prefer to bring this Phillips in, pace, flair with some width? I think we are covered in the centre. Unless we have a taker for Kalala???? We have Allot, Kalala, Whittaker, Eardley, Stephens (Taylor/Lids at a push) and thats before we look at the kids. Think Phillips would be a better option.

I agree. I quite like Lidds but I think his days as a winger playing for a whole match are numbered. I reckon (and I may be shot down for this :wink: ) he could have a role in central midfield picking passes out. Get another winger in (Phillips?) and we're sorted for midfield.

Edited by jorvik_latic

I agree. I quite like Lidds but I think his days as a winger playing for a whole match are numbered. I reckon (and I may be shot down for this :wink: ) he could have a role in central midfield picking passes out. Get another winger in (Phillips?) and we're sorted for midfield.

I think you are right, it;s just the thought of Lidds doing a pass from Midfeilds to the far corner that worries me! Bit hit and hope, however, he would well be in there for the Pens!

I think you are right, it;s just the thought of Lidds doing a pass from Midfeilds to the far corner that worries me! Bit hit and hope, however, he would well be in there for the Pens!

To me, even if you take Liddell out of the equation (which I do) we have a good amount of cover in the central and right midfield. Yet we still have NO ONE fully at the club on the left. Get this Phillips lad in as it is the area we are desperate in.

Then there's a left back...

NB. You can always add Gregan or Thompson to the central midfielders (I wouldn't really want to too often, but they've played there before).

I can’t help but got the feeling that Lee could end up shuffled around to fill in wherever we have injuries rather than getting the chance to make a position his own. All things equally he is looking like first choice or first replacement at both full back positions, and there could be a case for him anywhere in the midfield.

The way I understand it, we are looking to bring in a left winger (Phillips) as well as a central midfielder.

None of the plaers we have brought in this year, imo will be on mega bucks, and sso we can afford to have a much bigger squad than is expected. I very much doubt any of our signings are on more than a grand a week

Guest oa_exile
The way I understand it, we are looking to bring in a left winger (Phillips) as well as a central midfielder.

................and a LB :)

None of the plaers we have brought in this year, imo will be on mega bucks, and sso we can afford to have a much bigger squad than is expected. I very much doubt any of our signings are on more than a grand a week

Whittaker was offered £2k per week at Port Vale (their maximum wage following relegation) but he turned it down as Latics offered more.

Fleming was courted by several Clubs (Championship included) and so he won't be on peanuts.

I think you underestimate what the modern day "in demand" footballer can earn. Contrary to popular belief, League One is attracting better players now than it ever has and they get paid accordingly.

We have a good number of MFs but last year we were let down by not having strength in depth, and having to play players in positions that weren't their own because of it - I don't want Gregan in MF if we have injuries...yes he can play there but he should be at CB.

Taylor was asked to play at LB and LW, Lomax at LB, Greegs in CM, Livermore at both CB and LW. If a midfielder is injured, a midfielder should replace him. Gregan and Thompson etc shouldn't have to play there, Taylor shouldn't have to be on the left. It's all fine and good saying 'X can play there if we need him there', but that's arguably what cost us last season as we had no strength in depth and as well as having to play youngsters, we were playing our best players in positions they shouldn't have had to play in.

You mean that role I've been suggested for Lids for the past 1 and a half seasons? :wink:

Edited by boundaryblue80