Paint Pot Trophy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if memory serves wasn't there a game away against Sheff United where we were 2 up after 5 minutes and lost 7-2 or was it just a nightmare that I can remember?

That was one of the worst games i have ever been to, unfortunately i cant remember they're 7, only our 2!

The walk out of the ground was unbearable.

Would you got to wembley if we got there?

I would come over for a Wembley final. I was gutted when we were ripped apart by Wrexham in the "Semi" a few years ago.

No matter what compy it is: the chance to watch the lads at Wembley should be everyone's dream... Some of the younger fans haven't had that chance and I'm sure they would love it.

No one else actually think if we did make it to wembley it wouldnt actually be all that great ? PLaying for a nothing cup in a 1/4 full stadium ?

Don't want to insult you but your comment sounds like the sort of thing a ManUre fan would say..

I would go even if it was a record low attendance and relish the day. If a full stadium was the criterion for enjoying watching Latics, I would never go.

Don't want to insult you but your comment sounds like the sort of thing a ManUre fan would say..

I would go even if it was a record low attendance and relish the day. If a full stadium was the criterion for enjoying watching Latics, I would never go.

Ignore him Diego. Methinks he's trolling again...

I'd be there too. So that's me and you in a 90,000 cap. stadium... At least there'd be no queues for the bogs!

No one else actually think if we did make it to wembley it wouldnt actually be all that great ? PLaying for a nothing cup in a 1/4 full stadium ?

Dont get me wrong...I will be there...but its going to be nothing like the Final and Semi....

Wembley in an emptyish stadium or not, is still one magnificent thing to witness if it involves a team you have an affiliation towards. It make's all those sh*t trips you did over the years for 2-0 defeats seem worth it.

Not to mention the financial rewards for the club are pretty decent.

It's never going to be like the Forest or United games. We'll more than likely never see or be apart of anything like that ever again. This is the next best thing bar the playoffs and those two realistically are our only real opportunity of seeing Latics there.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Cheeky :censored: :lol:

I dont rate the Paint Pot at all... The only consistant thing it has given us is injurieis which have effected are ability to get out of this league..... I really would rather not bother with it...

If the ultimate reason for playing in it is to get to Wembley then I think people are over rating that prize.... Give me getting out of this league over it any day of the week... This my point really... Wembley is a speical place in a fitting environement... The paint pot isnt that fitting....

Wembley in an emptyish stadium or not, is still one magnificent thing to witness if it involves a team you have an affiliation towards. It make's all those sh*t trips you did over the years for 2-0 defeats seem worth it.

Not to mention the financial rewards for the club are pretty decent.

It's never going to be like the Forest or United games. We'll more than likely never see or be apart of anything like that ever again. This is the next best thing bar the playoffs and those two realistically are our only real opportunity of seeing Latics there.

I would go... I would enjoy the day... But to me it isnt worth it compared to how much it takes out of the players legs.... It really is a piss poor competition and distracts from the real competitions we are taking pat in.... I would get excited about as much as I would to watch us take part in a training session in the stadium.....

Edited by oafc0000

We'll more than likely never see or be apart of anything like that ever again. This is the next best thing bar the playoffs and those two realistically are our only real opportunity of seeing Latics there.

I think the day I actually belive that is the day I give up watching Latics.... I simply wont let myself belive that :)

We ain't gonna win the FA Cup.

The League Cup is a big ask.

We're no tin Europe.

The winners of the paint-pot (or windscreen wiper, or whatever it's called) often go on to higher things, unless they're called Wrexham.

Show some ambition Latics - aim to win this - fingers crossed it will be the last time we play in it too!