Rochdale game in danger?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rochdale is in South East Lancashire. The North West covers the region from Blackpool, up through the Lake District to Carlisle.

Diego, are you saying that Oldham is officially not in the North West of England? I don't know where else it could be placed but I'm open to your view...

Rochdale is in South East Lancashire. The North West covers the region from Blackpool, up through the Lake District to Carlisle.

It's in both! Anyways if this was midway through a season I'd be worried as the weather's bloody horrible. Not heard anything to suggest it'sin danger though.

Diego, are you saying that Oldham is officially not in the North West of England? I don't know where else it could be placed but I'm open to your view...

As I've pointed out before, it's simple really. Look at the map and Oldham is neither in the North nor the West. It's always described as the North West, but this is erroneous. See the link spouting about it being in the North West and then look at the map, which contradicts the text. The two bits on the top left are the North West, the two on the top right are the Nrth East. The bottom right is the South East and the bottom left the South West. that leaves the three bits in the middle as the Midlands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_West_England

When the Met Office weather forecaster talks about the North West on TV, he/she points at the area North and South of the Lake District. When they talk about Oldham and Rochdale they refer to it as the foothills of the Pennines

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

The Met office as a severe weather warning out for the North West tom. It's cats and dogs all day long with a possible 50 mm of rain in places. Thats a lot of water.

Don't tell me they'll be burning bits of wood in braziers all along the pitch again :grin:

As I've pointed out before, it's simple really. Look at the map and Oldham is neither in the North nor the West. It's always described as the North West, but this is erroneous. See the link spouting about it being in the North West and then look at the map, which contradicts the text. The two bits on the top left are the North West, the two on the top right are the Nrth East. The bottom right is the South East and the bottom left the South West. that leaves the three bits in the middle as the Midlands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_West_England

When the Met Office weather forecaster talks about the North West on TV, he/she points at the area North and South of the Lake District. When they talk about Oldham and Rochdale they refer to it as the foothills of the Pennines

Well, it's certainly in the North of England.

And being to the West of the Pennines, I'd say it's in the west half of England too. Nearer Liverpool than Hull anyway.

So a bit north and a bit west is North West in my book.

Unless I'm suddenly going to develop a brummie accent.

Well, it's certainly in the North of England.

And being to the West of the Pennines, I'd say it's in the west half of England too. Nearer Liverpool than Hull anyway.

So a bit north and a bit west is North West in my book.

Unless I'm suddenly going to develop a brummie accent.

Much of the West and East halves of England are in the Midlands, because they are neither the North nor the South.

"A bit north and a bit west" is not the North West, and by the way not all Midlanders talk like Brummies - ask Walsall fans.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Much of the West and East halves of England are in the Midlands, because they are neither the North nor the South.

"A bit north and a bit west" is not the North West, and by the way not all Midlanders talk like Brummies - ask Walsall fans.

For :censored:'s sake get a life man.

In times like this, when danger lurks around every corner, and we lack direction, I turn to the trusty BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/west_eu...re.shtml#no_url

Which classes us in Western Europe on their world eweather page.

Shows rain from Western scotland to Cornwall.

And has a hulking great lump of low pressure heading from the North West Atlantic between Norn Irleand and Scotland on Monday over the much of the UK by Wednesday.

SO I'd say it might rain..

Okay according to your link we are in the north west but why are you talking about this anyway about where we actually are and where we are officially so I do not want to contribute to this any further than I have. Moving on topic hope it goes to plan am so looking forward to it.

Okay according to your link we are in the north west but why are you talking about this anyway about where we actually are and where we are officially so I do not want to contribute to this any further than I have. Moving on topic hope it goes to plan am so looking forward to it.

To find oiut why we're talking about this you have to read the earlier posts. However, to save you the trouble, We were told that it's going to rain so heavily in the North west that the game may be postponed tomorrow. I said it's a good job Rochdale isn't in the North West and the rest is history.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, somebody who has only posted on here 8 times since last December told me to get a life!

For those not old enough to remember, the buses in Oldham used to be part of and controlled by the SELNEC Authority.

To be precise " South East Lancashire and North East Cheshire."

I grew up thinking it was

Seldom Early

Late

Never Even Comes!

Edited by astottie