Rochdale game in danger?

hope this may be considered as fact. Just spoken to the lass in the Dale ticket office and she says it's only drizzle there (must be because it's not in the North West) and she has spoken to the groundsman when she got in this morning and he said it is draining well and there is to be no inspection.

I work in Milnrow and it's not raining at the moment...........

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see how posting a met office warning about the expected weather on the day of a Latics football match that was issued on my and the ground concerned regional weather programme is pointless. Or indeed someone tries to tell me I don't live in the North West when all my life I have or whether some new fandangled way of mapping now says I don't is used as a cover to make the topic pointless.

The map used during said weather broadcast indeed showed our area on it. Further it modelled heavy rain slap bang over the Manchester and surrounding area conurbation for much of the day. It was a post intended for those that cared to keep an eye on the actual weather. As it stands currently the rain as now stopped the clouds appear to be to high for it to start and the winds are no where near as strong as predicted.

Now lets all start talking about Hibs and yan???? (who was it?) name............... and get onto more point making subjects FFS. I do believe the very people who find these kinda factual subjects pointless like raising that pointless :censored: up weekly!

I fail to see how posting a met office warning about the expected weather on the day of a Latics football match that was issued on my and the ground concerned regional weather programme is pointless. Or indeed someone tries to tell me I don't live in the North West when all my life I have or whether some new fandangled way of mapping now says I don't is used as a cover to make the topic pointless.

The map used during said weather broadcast indeed showed our area on it. Further it modelled heavy rain slap bang over the Manchester and surrounding area conurbation for much of the day. It was a post intended for those that cared to keep an eye on the actual weather. As it stands currently the rain as now stopped the clouds appear to be to high for it to start and the winds are no where near as strong as predicted.

Now lets all start talking about Hibs and yan???? (who was it?) name............... and get onto more point making subjects FFS. I do believe the very people who find these kinda factual subjects pointless like raising that pointless :censored: up weekly!

WHAT!!!!! Yantarno has signed for Hibs!

The Met Office Map puts us in the Northwest Sector, which I agree that is what we are in. However, if we set foot 1 yard over the Oldham border, are we in the North East? No we are in the Yorkshire and Humber region. If we head south there is west and east midlands (separate sectors). Ironically we are actually closer to the east coast than we are to Carlisle so that shows the limitations of saying we’re in the Northwest. I’ve been across to Bolton and Preston enough times to work out how different it can be.

Well pointed out DS.

It makes a change from the Taylor on the right debate, which Shez seems to be winning. :grin:

Is that the "Taylor on the right" debate or the "Taylor on the East side" debate? :wink:

I'll just go and check Wikipedia...

The weathe hasr completely changed every two hours since I came up on Friday night, and I dare say will continue to do so. I took a very long way around when walking down for my ticket yesterday, it was cracking the pavement when I set off and then I got pissed on for the last 5 minutes on the way back. I wouldn't mind but I'd passed the last pub I could have been forced to take shelter in :angry:

Whats the weather like in Edinburgh pdw, as i'm coming up tomorrow? :D

Hmmm, I've just cleared the snow off the window to have a peak. :grin:

The outlook is not good I'm afraid, pretty wet and overcast. They were pumping water out of the train station last week it was so bad. You should be fine, just pack a few jumpers and thermal socks. Are you up here for the festival?

The Met Office Map puts us in the Northwest Sector, which I agree that is what we are in. However, if we set foot 1 yard over the Oldham border, are we in the North East? No we are in the Yorkshire and Humber region. If we head south there is west and east midlands (separate sectors). Ironically we are actually closer to the east coast than we are to Carlisle so that shows the limitations of saying we’re in the Northwest. I’ve been across to Bolton and Preston enough times to work out how different it can be.

Well pointed out DS.

Cheers Jim! At a guess I would say your education was unertaken in the days before standards dropped to an all-time low.

The weathe hasr completely changed every two hours since I came up on Friday night, and I dare say will continue to do so. I took a very long way around when walking down for my ticket yesterday, it was cracking the pavement when I set off and then I got pissed on for the last 5 minutes on the way back. I wouldn't mind but I'd passed the last pub I could have been forced to take shelter in :angry:

If only you had looked at the correct weather forecast - the one for the Pennine foothills. :grin:

hope this may be considered as fact. Just spoken to the lass in the Dale ticket office and she says it's only drizzle there (must be because it's not in the North West) and she has spoken to the groundsman when she got in this morning and he said it is draining well and there is to be no inspection.

That's righ.t, no whoosh, just enlightening people. Just because people have been given misinformation for donkey's years, it doesn't make it fact. Millions believe that ManUre play in Manchester, but we all have a duty to correct them. B)

If only you had looked at the correct weather forecast - the one for the Pennine foothills. :grin:

I've beaten you in this argument before Diego - now simply go out into the street and ask your neighbours if someone from Oldham or Rochdale is a Northerner. Once you have found a relatively civilised one who doesn't believe that you fall off the edge of the Earth and get burned alive by dragons when you pass Stoke, and you have stopped him from trying to bite chunks of flesh off your legs, then please do come back and report your findings!

Hmmm, I've just cleared the snow off the window to have a peak. :grin:

The outlook is not good I'm afraid, pretty wet and overcast. They were pumping water out of the train station last week it was so bad. You should be fine, just pack a few jumpers and thermal socks. Are you up here for the festival?

yes stopping for 3 nights to have a look at some stuff on the fringe but nothing planned yet.

Just getting the thermals and Sou'westers out. :blink:

Sorry Im getting away from the issue. Where is Oldham. Is it in Gtr Manchester then? :grin:

I appreciate your grin, but for the avoidance of doubt, no it's in South East Lancashire - Greater Manchester local government area was created in 1974 and abolisehed in 1986, but the misconception will continue unless we correct it at every opportunity. :grin:

Some claim Saddleworth is in Yorkshire, but Yorkshire is not in the North West - whereas Lancashire and Saddleworth certainly is.

Yet Saddleworth is is much nearer to Huddersfield which is not in the North West, than Lancaster, which is in the North West.

Nearby Stalybridge is in Cheshire which is the North West, but nearby Glossop is in Derbyshire and Derby is in the East Midlands, both are closer than Lancaster which is the North West.

Rochdale is near to Halifax, which is not in the North West, but in the East rather than the North East.

My conclusion therefore is that Rochdale is in no mans land, and it's no wonder they have an identity crisis in Saddleworth. :blink:

Some like me though are bordering on madness, which has no boundaries - except of course when reaching boundary park. :grin:

Edited by BP1960

It's only the most pointless debate since last time we had the same debate about twelve months ago.

Under Tony Blair's Education, Education, Education initiatives, I aim to correct popular misconceptions, such as this one and the one which says you can see the Great Wall of Chia from the moon.

Some people choose to ignore the facts - ignorance is bliss. :blink:

Yeah like you... You can see the great wall of china from the moon!!!!

As long as you have a decent telescope :)