Leeds away

A four foot high wall was all that seperated one side of the away fans from the Leeds, with no stewards anywhere near.

The other side a little different, with the stewards straight into us main singers from KO with the 'sit downs' as in their eye's flash points could come from around the more vocal fans.

As usual a large group of rival supporters next to us were on their feet and until late into the first half there wasn't a steward near them. When asked why they weren't asking them to site ... guess what 'not my section' yawnnnnnn.

We get the same treatment more oftern that not ... but we're good lads and sit down eventually for a while, the banter with the stewards is never OTT and they soon realise that we are only there to sing and get behind the team not to cause them problems.

Funny enough they left us for most of the second half until 10 mins from the end when they steamed in again WTF.

Main differance however: the make up of some of the people in the RRE Sat ..... they 'funny enough' were nowhere to be seen yesterday

The language / reactions by both sets of fans was threatening and violent against Millwall, yesterday it simple was banter and joy especially from the Oldham fans.

I thought it was a good atmosphere in our end, just a little hard to get everyone singing at the same time, quite a few times there were 3 different songs being sung at the same time, but its all noise at the end of the day!!!

I was told by a steward that i could stand as i was at the back of the lower tier with little leg room to sit anyway. Common sense stewarding, i also had a few cops behind me with big camera focusing on there own thugs and not us.

I was told by a steward that i could stand as i was at the back of the lower tier with little leg room to sit anyway. Common sense stewarding, i also had a few cops behind me with big camera focusing on there own thugs and not us.

They seemed pretty good again. As I was at the back I only spent about ten minutes sat down. No problem whatsoever. They do like checking your ticket though.

They seemed pretty good again. As I was at the back I only spent about ten minutes sat down. No problem whatsoever. They do like checking your ticket though.

Thought the stewards were actually quite funny yesterday... sat with Mark and Lees right at the back left hand corner... they we a bit arsey at the start when they had blatantly been told by their boss to come and get us sat down, but then backed off after about 10 minutes when they realised we were ok, and also that 5 police came and sat right behind us... which was a bit unnesesary, however didnt hear a peep out of them...

The second half was a different story, when we got in the lead the stewards didnt really care what we did, they all seemed to find it more funny that Leeds were losing than being bothered in getting us to sit down... had some good banter with them.... and most of them really hated dirty leeds...

Funniest moment was when mark started the first "Zigga Zagga" .... the steward looked shocked and was about to storm into him, when we asked him what was up he said that he thought mark was shouting "Zieg Heil, Zieg heil!" :lol:

Funniest moment was when mark started the first "Zigga Zagga" .... the steward looked shocked and was about to storm into him, when we asked him what was up he said that he thought mark was shouting "Zieg Heil, Zieg heil!" :lol:

???????????????????????? :shock: Must have missed that one :biker:

The only time a steward came near us yesterday was when people were banging on the back wall and one of them helped us put my flag down at the end, he was gutted about the result mind

funly enought I was chatting with a mate whose a Stockport fan and apprantly they were having the same problems at their game yesterday as us, and that the Stewards were throwing the Stockport fans out for standing but did nothing with the Leicester fans who were also standing.

The only time a steward came near us yesterday was when people were banging on the back wall and one of them helped us put my flag down at the end, he was gutted about the result mind

funly enought I was chatting with a mate whose a Stockport fan and apprantly they were having the same problems at their game yesterday as us, and that the Stewards were throwing the Stockport fans out for standing but did nothing with the Leicester fans who were also standing.

Yay, you were next to me. the putting up of the flag was a brilliant act of comedy if you don't mind me saying so.

The stewards were pissing themselves at the result at the end. Methinks they weren't Leeds fans.

Extracted from the oldhamathleticmad.co.uk site:

"On behalf of Leeds United, Dean Helliwell would like to, "pass on a thank you for the mark of respect showed from our travelling fans. He was at the game in the family section, which for some strange reason Bates puts the kids directly next to the away fans, which on some occassions is intimidating?"

Dean went on, "Oldham fans were very well behaved, its appreciated. Thank you.

ps 2-0 was flattering, tempted to say lucky but in football you make your own luck, it's goals that count..and you certainly took your chances well ;-) !""

???????????????????????? :shock: Must have missed that one :biker:

Is that supposed to be a Hitler smiley? It looks like the really camp one out of Frankie Goes To Hollywood....

Was sat in the north stand,a couple of people were thrown out for standing,the stewarding was pretty heavy-handed. Probably one of the worst grounds i've been to in terms of leg room as well, not usually a problem for me cos i'm 5'1" but i was tripping over the seat in front of me every time i stood up.

I posted about the Leeds standing policy on a previous thread as I thought they were very harsh last year. This year was different story as although I was told to sit down by a steward a few times (not my fault he was sat next to me) in the first half but it was only when I was honestly standing because I was at the back and so could. He didn't have a problem with me standing when it got interesting or when there was some singing going on. Second half I don't think I sat down once and he didn't say a word. But the location of the coppers was interesting as there was a huge wall from boxes that separated the singers at the back from the Leeds fans on the Left but a tiny thing on the right but the coppers were all seemingly stopping Latics fans getting at the boxes, not the Leeds fans underneath and there weren't any coppers on the right. I wasn't best impressed with having to walk to one exit at half-time when the other was much closer for some reason but was allowed down the same exit at the end and up it for the start of the sceond half. This seemed silly as the exit that we were directed to was the one where there were very few stewards and although it was the family stand there were still some chavs giving it the big 'I am' on both sides.

BTW There was a bit of a reaction from the stewards on the Zigga-Zagga but I think BigFin is over selling it.

Main differance however: the make up of some of the people in the RRE Sat ..... they 'funny enough' were nowhere to be seen yesterday

Yeah they werent stupid enough to give Leeds £27....congrats for being that :censored: stupid...

I wasnt going to comment about just how out of order Leeds are and how stupid people are for supporting that pricing policy but you my friend just pissed me right off.....

Yeah they werent stupid enough to give Leeds £27....congrats for being that :censored:ing stupid...

I wasnt going to comment about just how out of order Leeds are and how stupid people are for supporting that pricing policy but you my friend just pissed me right off.....

Shame you missed a great day out :clown:

Shame you missed a great day out :clown:

Wasnt worth £27....fact.....

Your a fooking clown for paying it.....

Leeds mean :censored: all to me.... No doubt :censored: like you will continue to help the clubs drive up the cost of football instead of taking a stand aganst it you wally....

Edited by Markoasis

Bad morning mate !!!! Seriously watch the abuse and language and as you will see I've edited it out as per the rules of this board. There debating and then there just mindless comments and personal abuse. I'll let you think about that ... off to work ta ta.

You seriously didn't get one I meant by certain elements not being at the game,these certain elements that we'll see at maybe Hudders / Millwall games.

:lol: That's brilliant.

I also thought the stewards were decent. They allowed the last 4/5 rows all stand up, again because it's not affecting anyone, so fair enough.

Bad morning mate !!!! Seriously watch the abuse and language and as you will see I've edited it out as per the rules of this board. There debating and then there just mindless comments and personal abuse. I'll let you think about that ... off to work ta ta.

You seriously didn't get one I meant by certain elements not being at the game,these certain elements that we'll see at maybe Hudders / Millwall games.

Kiss it....you choose to apply the rules of this board as and when it suits you....

As for your comments....sick of listening to super fans as yourself.... You need bringing down a notch or seven....

No doubt you dont think refering to someone as a clown isnt personal abuse....I think you need to get your own house in order before moaning about the reaction you have prvoked out of someone else.....

Edited by oafc0000

Kiss it....you choose to apply the rules of this board as and when it suits you....

As for your comments....sick of listening to super fans as yourself.... You need bringing down a notch or seven....

No doubt you dont think refering to someone as a clown isnt personal abuse....I think you need to get your own house in order before moaning about the reaction you have prvoked out of someone else.....

I agree. I think these fans that go to games not threatening people and not chucking stuff in an attempt to maim innocent people need bringing down a notch. I'm not happy until pensioners are disfigured and children wounded myself. :shock:

I agree. I think these fans that go to games not threatening people and not chucking stuff in an attempt to maim innocent people need bringing down a notch. I'm not happy until pensioners are disfigured and children wounded myself. :shock:

Yeah we have alot of fans like that...... Luckly they all didnt go Leeds..... Luckly only the nice fans with £27 for over priced football went.... *shakes head*

People that think they are better than people who couldnt or wouldnt pay £27 to that those animales need brining down several notches....

Edited by oafc0000

Yeah we have alot of fans like that...... Luckly they all didnt go Leeds..... Luckly only the nice fans with £27 for over priced football went.... *shakes head*

People that think they are better than people who couldnt or wouldnt pay £27 to that those animales need brining down several notches....

Ooo hang on ladies, somebody needs to count to ten...

:grin:

You're quite right - no personal abuse... :clown:

Edited by garcon