latics kit throught the ages

mart i still have that kit also a rare white kit too from 79, was given to me by jimmy frizzell

Have you got it in my size?!?! I think I remember that white one - it was a one-off when both our home and away kits clashed with oppo (Palace?) and we didn't have 3rd kits in them days. <plays Hovis music> :lol:

I am sure we used to play in blue and white quarter shirts in the 50s & early 60s

like Blackburn rovers/Bristol city strip. or maybe my memory is playing tricks or I could have been supporting the wrong team for 55 years though

I think this is the shirt you mean, I felt it gave Latics a unique identity, unlike the current home strip design which is similar to many other clubs.

oldhamathletic19561957slm4.gif

Edited by BP1960

Did you have a look at the shirts you can buy...

Old latics Replica Shirts..

pretty cool to say the least, and actually quite tempted... interested however to see how the club benifits from this website selling replica shirts?

Their 1940/50s design is quite smart and could even come back into fashion. :)

I agree that our kit is indisguishalbe form many other teams.

I do like the 40/50's and th eone above as being distintive.

Alternatively.

I've suggested before the Pine Villa c 1897 but in blue.

Oldham_Athletic_1897circa-a.gif

A bit like this but narrower bands, but do you think it looks like any other teams?

nike_football_shirt_hoops.jpg

It is A Nike shirt, but ours would be smaller bands, then tangerine hoops for away!

Edited by singe

Their 1940/50s design is quite smart and could even come back into fashion. :)

Agreed - said on another post the other day we should go back to that - 2001-2002 - I though the shorts/socks were white i remember it looking more white than that, Wish they'd take that sponsor off aswell, ignoring it despite historical value - B*****d

I agree that our kit is indisguishalbe form many other teams.

I do like the 40/50's and th eone above as being distintive.

Alternatively.

I've suggested before the Pine Villa c 1897 but in blue.

Oldham_Athletic_1897circa-a.gif

A bit like this but narrower bands, but do you think it looks like any other teams?

nike_football_shirt_hoops.jpg

It is A Nike shirt, but ours would be smaller bands, then tangerine hoops for away!

err, QPR? :huh:

I think this is the shirt you mean, I felt it gave Latics a unique identity, unlike the current home strip design which is similar to many other clubs.

oldhamathletic19561957slm4.gif

I like that shirt but the one I mean had blue and white quarters like Bristol Rovers used to have from 1931 till1962 Edited by leesstlad

Did you have a look at the shirts you can buy...

Old latics Replica Shirts..

pretty cool to say the least, and actually quite tempted... interested however to see how the club benifits from this website selling replica shirts?

I have the tangarine one it's very good quality if a little expensive. I don't think the clubs really benefit from the shirts if at all.

I always had a soft spot for 1985-1987 with the white stripe across the chest but I'm always haunted by the abomination of the red/blue hoops of 1996-1998

Is it me or have our team become more co-ordinated with the football sock tape / elastic that holds up their socks?

Could have sworn we had a blue stripe at the top of the socks on our current kit but when I checked the photos they're all wearing blue PST.

I have a soft spot for the 1966-1971 kit as I'm sure my dad had a subuteo team in that colour -- before they got snapped to pieces of course.