Embarassed.......

Well i saw that but didnt see his lip quvivering and the two lads that got kicked out both go to latics regularly home and AWAY!!!.

Really? I can't imagine which games they learnt that it was OK to abuse their fellow fans at. I must have missed those ones myself.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i saw that but didnt see his lip quvivering and the two lads that got kicked out both go to latics regularly home and AWAY!!!. And all am saying about those people moaning about standing if u wanted to sit all game u should of sat at the other end of the stand or in the main stand.

I think you will find that the ground regulations favour those that want to sit. If you and they want to stand, you can do it outside the ground.

If you and they continue behaving in the same way, you'll either get banned or arrested or both.

OAFC is private property and you can enter withthe owners permission and only on the owners terms. If the owner wants you to leave they can remove youor have an agent of theirs remove you. If you resist, the police become involved.

:shock:

I thought I was bad being unable to spell the word embarrassed. :blink::lol:

I'm 23. Lordy is 19 or so. LaticsLegend and JonesyOAFC are both 18 and Lee is 17. Yet the people we've been calling tw*ts arent in actual fact, that much younger than ourselves. So what's the difference? You cant blame it on growing up on St Mary's (as I grew up on a similar estate in 'dale all my life - and i've been mates with lads who've grown up on St Mary's and the like and they're some of the nicest people you can meet). Cant really lie the blame on being in a "pack" (as just because you're in a large group of mates, doesnt mean you feel the need to act like tw*ts) - I was there with about ten others around me I knew last night, yet didnt feel the need to act like that. I used to go dale with about 30 others, when I was 15/16 and never once acted anything like they did last night.

I wish :( Yer only 2 months off though pal :wink:

I'd say i'm the same age as most of these lads, and yet I don't feel the need to act like a pillock, despite coming from a similar background to most of them aswell. Unfortunately, i've the feeling I know a few of these lads through school, so i'll be letting 'em know what I think of them next time I see 'em.

Still waiting for the major posters of the "I am gonna stand up" campaigners to address this topic post. Cos I defo charge you all with fueling and instilling bravado courage to each other. Somehow I bet you all don't see it mind.

Ok this is getting annoying, twice in this post ive seen you trying to fuel an arguement/debate about standing! I stand and sing in the RRE! not a problem! I didnt go last night but from what ive read it appears a bunch of pricks did! I know guys who like to go fighting, they say it makes them a man! If you where to tell me you're a man I wouldnt say you go fighting! Learn to differentiate! Just coz we like to sing and stand doesnt make us all pricks! If I was there I can guarentee any abuse from me would have been hurled towards the pricks in the home end!!!

p.s. its good to hear the stewards wer respectful!!!

Ok this is getting annoying, twice in this post ive seen you trying to fuel an arguement/debate about standing! I stand and sing in the RRE! not a problem! I didnt go last night but from what ive read it appears a bunch of pricks did! I know guys who like to go fighting, they say it makes them a man! If you where to tell me you're a man I wouldnt say you go fighting! Learn to differentiate! Just coz we like to sing and stand doesnt make us all pricks! If I was there I can guarentee any abuse from me would have been hurled towards the pricks in the home end!!!

Fuel an argument? erm no I want to hear from those that were saying they'd stand cos it was their right and added to their match day experience. That they were gonna stand up whatever! I believe all it did was to give them and others more courage to do it. Everyone stands at some point in matches...ie when the ball is in a dangerous position and a possible goal chance, this tends to be a more involuntary reaction. However it's back down once the moment passes. So brother, why you annoyed? or is it you trying to create an argument? Oddly you'll see the members that were posting on the thread about standing and it was the stewards who were spoiling their match day experience etc who are absent on this thread. So you see the reason I mentioned it twice, has you rightly point out, was to get those members to speak out.

These new bunch of pricks just turned up for that one match you say? so who are the ones at most matches, that immediately after the stewards get them to sit down or have thrown someone out for standing spring to their feet to sing "stand up if you love Oldham"? cos for my money that's purely to be a nusiance.................. some might even be unkind and say pricks.

I want to hear from those members that (possibly quite rightly) would class themselves as model Latics fans, that have in threads on here backed standing to a degree and voiced their support against the stewards that I believe fuelled their and other's courage to stand up at matches. Not the pricks has you put it, cos well................... they're just pricks aint they?

I'm 23. Lordy is 19 or so. LaticsLegend and JonesyOAFC are both 18 and Lee is 17. Yet the people we've been calling tw*ts arent in actual fact, that much younger than ourselves. So what's the difference? You cant blame it on growing up on St Mary's (as I grew up on a similar estate in 'dale all my life - and i've been mates with lads who've grown up on St Mary's and the like and they're some of the nicest people you can meet). Cant really lie the blame on being in a "pack" (as just because you're in a large group of mates, doesnt mean you feel the need to act like tw*ts) - I was there with about ten others around me I knew last night, yet didnt feel the need to act like that. I used to go dale with about 30 others, when I was 15/16 and never once acted anything like they did last night.

It is an easy statement to make about the youth of today, and yes, you do prove that there are a lot of people brought up properly. The problem is that the numpties are increasing and will continue to do so due to the constraints put on the Police, Stewards and proper fans at games and in society as a whole

But it is a problem if the people behind you can't see. If this was the case and they asked you to please sit down .... would you for the rest of the game (with the obvious standing at moments of excitment) ?

I hate the fact we have to sit down these days .... but thats the rules and regulations we have to accept when entering a football ground. So it baffles me that people still come into the ground and they are shocked when asked to sit down.

At aways I go to the back and always stand until asked to sit, then I do .. I do try to get away with it for the rest of the game, if I do I do. Home I do tend to sit more.

When its allocated seats and I am around people who don't want to stand ... I show them the RESPECT and remain seated so that we can all watch the game, showing respect to you fellow Oldham supporter is something a minority of fans do not do.

My one game in the RRE....... I moved three times as people would not sit down.... why the hell should I have to move because of someone breaking the grounds regulations.

So that gives him the right to act like a blurt then?

Are you saying that it's a no-go area for particular Oldham Athletic fans?

no but the people telling them to sit down were also giving them abuse at start and 1 guy tried pushing 1 of them to sit down which made things worse. Also it wouldnt take a jenius to work out that if u go sitting near the away fans there are likely to be people standing up. And wasnt it only a few weeks ago that half the fans on here were saying they were gonner stand up regardless of the ground regulations??

And if were talking about pack animals then the stewards them selfs are no angles 8 of them and they were hitting him so thats why he was trying to kick and headbutt them.

Really? I can't imagine which games they learnt that it was OK to abuse their fellow fans at. I must have missed those ones myself.

well seen as they have been coming for years proablly heard the amount of oldham fans that argue and fight between them selfes every season. Like the other week against Cheltenham and we were 4-0 up and there was people moaning cause one of our players made a mistake "saying f**kin sort it out shez" . now when we were 4-0 up in no real danger of loosing and people still moaning and tiny things. Also need i remind u of last seaon against Walsall at home when them two grown men hit two other younger oldham fans.

no but the people telling them to sit down were also giving them abuse at start and 1 guy tried pushing 1 of them to sit down which made things worse. Also it wouldnt take a jenius to work out that if u go sitting near the away fans there are likely to be people standing up. And wasnt it only a few weeks ago that half the fans on here were saying they were gonner stand up regardless of the ground regulations??

And if were talking about pack animals then the stewards them selfs are no angles 8 of them and they were hitting him so thats why he was trying to kick and headbutt them.

Pushing? If you call a tap on the shoulder and asking politely to sit down half a dozen times pushing, then that's upto you.

As for Stewards hitting him. :lol::lol: This before or after he resisted getting chucked out despite in the stewards words, "you've been told umpteen times already". Then jumped into his mates who then proceeded to try to headutt and swing in any general direction. If the lad was really hit by the stewards, he'd well be in his right to make a complaint. However, cctv and those with no involvement who saw what he did know full well nothing of the sort happened.

Wouldnt take a what?? :blink: what's an angle got to do with it? As for sitting near the away fans. I've said in the past that i'll stand up, but it was Morecambe in the JPT. 50 away fans, wasnt overly worth getting excited and going overboard like that for. Now most of the Morecambe have a negative opinion of our club - Well done.

WE WANT OUR EDGEY BACK!

I will say one word only.......

BALLS

I watched the whole thing and the steward was very polite in asking him to come with him to have a word away from his friends. When he reliased he was being thrown out he resisted, the law states the stewards can use "Reasonable force" to remove them from the ground. He got what he deserved. If that is not the case then i expect he will have a letter from the club stating that by now. I assure you his door mat will be empty.

Pushing? If you call a tap on the shoulder and asking politely to sit down half a dozen times pushing, then that's upto you.

As for Stewards hitting him. :lol::lol: This before or after he resisted getting chucked out despite in the stewards words, "you've been told umpteen times already". Then jumped into his mates who then proceeded to try to headutt and swing in any general direction. If the lad was really hit by the stewards, he'd well be in his right to make a complaint. However, cctv and those with no involvement who saw what he did know full well nothing of the sort happened.

Wouldnt take a what?? :blink: what's an angle got to do with it? As for sitting near the away fans. I've said in the past that i'll stand up, but it was Morecambe in the JPT. 50 away fans, wasnt overly worth getting excited and going overboard like that for. Now most of the Morecambe have a negative opinion of our club - Well done.

WE WANT OUR EDGEY BACK!

ok what ever i saw it was more a forceful push down to try and make him sit down. oh by the way "umpteen" isnt a number :). and he didnt really jump he got dragged into his mates.

As for it being morecambe in JPT i agree with you on that i couldnt be bothered standing up my self.And if they have a negative opinion of our club well i aint gonner lose any sleep over what morecambe fans think about oldham fans. come on most clubs all ready have a negative opinion of our club because of Lee Hughes

maybe they're Jutes

ok what ever i saw it was more a forceful push down to try and make him sit down. oh by the way "umpteen" isnt a number :). and he didnt really jump he got dragged into his mates.

As for it being morecambe in JPT i agree with you on that i couldnt be bothered standing up my self.And if they have a negative opinion of our club well i aint gonner lose any sleep over what morecambe fans think about oldham fans. come on most clubs all ready have a negative opinion of our club because of Lee Hughes

Just like he didnt jump over two rows of seats when the stewards told him he was going?? Righto......

Umpteen certainly isnt a number, but it's the exact word the steward said when he'd finally had enough of telling him time and again.

We wont agree on this - but the lad is a........(insert your own choice of obscenity). Dont worry though. I think he pretty much gathered what all of the lot I was with thought of him. You're not the gimp who left ten minutes after him, girlfriend in hand are you. Probably explains why you're so keen to put a spin on the episode.

As for negative opinion because of Lee Hughes. Leeds, Millwall. Apart from them two, the abuse he's had has been minimal. I would say if you actually speak with away fans, rather than trying to imtimidate them, you'd find out that most fans generally are of the opinion he's done his time and he's being booed purely because that's what football fans do.

Not caring about what Morecambe fans think - that much was gathered when you all did that equally embarrassing "your support is f**kin sh*t" chant, directed at 50 people who most importantly support a club like Morecambe, and could be bothered to travel for the most meaningless competition in the football league - Proper support who despite having muppets for company, didnt lose their heads and stuck to supporting there club in the right way. I even tried to say well done to one of their fans after the game, but he was too busy trying to run the chav gauntlet to care - sad really, we're not Cardiff. It's interesting I dont remember "Edgey" or any of those from tuesday night in the 100 or so 'tics fans at Donny in the same competition last season. Our support is hardly anything worth shouting about is it??? I'm not going to lose sleep over it either, but trying to imtimidate little kids, women out with their partners and oap's (which is all that morecambes support was made up of) is absolutely pathetic. It's a different story in a game like Millwall, or Leeds. I doubt any of those little mongs were in there against Millwall when stuff came flying back over the moat and more. Same at Leeds away the week after where you came out greeted by about 300 lads staring in the direction of the away fans gates looking for anyone acting like a c*ck. Thing is, these kids pull the stunt because they know they'll get away with it against the likes of cheltenham and morecambe. No doubt they've all got homework to do when Leeds come to BP on a tuesday night as they'd most definately take offence if this carries on.

Prime example of a club having negative opinion of our fans is Cheltenham for christ sake. I didnt go to either the home against them last year and i'm glad I gave it a miss given what i've heard went on. Pitch invasion and charging across the pitch from kid's in the Chaddy at the final whistle to goad the away fans - then this season someone lobbing things into there stand. Yet we went there last season and they're a decent bunch - when you actually manage to find one of them that is. I've got a feeling the idiots throwing coins this season werent at Boothferry Park after that cup game, when we got kept in for ten minute's and where sitting ducks as coins came over from the back of the stand. It's not big, it's not clever and it's certainly not nice when your on the receiving end. It's not banter in the slightest. It's cowardly.

Ever looked up the word banter and it's definition? an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Just like he didnt jump over two rows of seats when the stewards told him he was going?? Righto......

Umpteen certainly isnt a number, but it's the exact word the steward said when he'd finally had enough of telling him time and again.

We wont agree on this - but the lad is a........(insert your own choice of obscenity). Dont worry though. I think he pretty much gathered what all of the lot I was with thought of him. You're not the gimp who left ten minutes after him, girlfriend in hand are you. Probably explains why you're so keen to put a spin on the episode.

As for negative opinion because of Lee Hughes. Leeds, Millwall. Apart from them two, the abuse he's had has been minimal. I would say if you actually speak with away fans, rather than trying to imtimidate them, you'd find out that most fans generally are of the opinion he's done his time and he's being booed purely because that's what football fans do.

Not caring about what Morecambe fans think - that much was gathered when you all did that equally embarrassing "your support is f**kin sh*t" chant, directed at 50 people who most importantly support a club like Morecambe, and could be bothered to travel for the most meaningless competition in the football league - Proper support who despite having muppets for company, didnt lose their heads and stuck to supporting there club in the right way. I even tried to say well done to one of their fans after the game, but he was too busy trying to run the chav gauntlet to care - sad really, we're not Cardiff. It's interesting I dont remember "Edgey" or any of those from tuesday night in the 100 or so 'tics fans at Donny in the same competition last season. Our support is hardly anything worth shouting about is it??? I'm not going to lose sleep over it either, but trying to imtimidate little kids, women out with their partners and oap's (which is all that morecambes support was made up of) is absolutely pathetic. It's a different story in a game like Millwall, or Leeds. I doubt any of those little mongs were in there against Millwall when stuff came flying back over the moat and more. Same at Leeds away the week after where you came out greeted by about 300 lads staring in the direction of the away fans gates looking for anyone acting like a c*ck. Thing is, these kids pull the stunt because they know they'll get away with it against the likes of cheltenham and morecambe. No doubt they've all got homework to do when Leeds come to BP on a tuesday night as they'd most definately take offence if this carries on.

Prime example of a club having negative opinion of our fans is Cheltenham for christ sake. I didnt go to either the home against them last year and i'm glad I gave it a miss given what i've heard went on. Pitch invasion and charging across the pitch from kid's in the Chaddy at the final whistle to goad the away fans - then this season someone lobbing things into there stand. Yet we went there last season and they're a decent bunch - when you actually manage to find one of them that is. I've got a feeling the idiots throwing coins this season werent at Boothferry Park after that cup game, when we got kept in for ten minute's and where sitting ducks as coins came over from the back of the stand. It's not big, it's not clever and it's certainly not nice when your on the receiving end. It's not banter in the slightest. It's cowardly.

Ever looked up the word banter and it's definition? an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery

Well said

I'd agree with what the likes of Rocky and Oasis Mark said but since I wasn't there, I didn't see it so can't comment much more than that. Acting 'big and hard' is all well and good when you fancy your chances but it takes men with Cahones to do it (and not necessarily act) when odds are they will get their head kicked in. It always annoys me when some little scrote from the opposition gives it the big bollocks to away fans mostly made up of grown men as he knows he is as safe as houses. So why should our fans do the same to the oppositon when we're the home team. I don't think this problem is confined in Oldham though and perhaps football should think about acting before someone gets hurt. As it happens a lot at football and if some child is hurt because he got too cocky to the wrong sort of person then football, as a whole, no just the clubs concerned, will suffer.

But it will be interesting to see if those responsible go to Tranmere away on Sat. (after all if you go away games Tranmere isn't that far away and is usually one of the ones you go to early) or Hartlepool on the 20th (again not super far from Oldham either). Either team might not necessary look for trouble but if certain Latics 'fans' give them it they will give it back. (If you don't believe me about Hartlepool have a look on You tube for Darlo/Pool).

BTW isn't it interesting what you find out after the fact. Coming out of Leeds all I noticed was the glum looking yorkshire-ites and the mass of coppers around the Billy Bremner statue. My mate then told me we walked out with the Oldham firm. Now I find out some of Leeds' lot (I believe they could muster up more than 300 easily) were paying close attention. Fabulous- the price for being small is that you can't see too well in crowds.

My mate then told me we walked out with the Oldham firm. Now I find out some of Leeds' lot (I believe they could muster up more than 300 easily) were paying close attention. Fabulous- the price for being small is that you can't see too well in crowds.

Price for being tall is you usually see things a lot further ahead than everyone else giving you a lot more time to worry :lol:

Plenty of police about and every one of them at Leeds on the way out seemed to have a camera in their hands too. Safe as houses.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Can't post the link, but there is a very interesting letter "No welcome from fans" from a Morecambe fan in the rarely wrong tonight in the letters to the ed section. This fan rightly (going off 1 or 2 of the childish, knuckle dragging comments on this topic), states how, out of all the places he has travelled to, watching his team, he has never felt so frightened and intimidated or hit by coins and sweets and is unlikely to ever visit Boundary Park again.

Well, to the minority of idiots who wish to continue creating this unwelcoming, cavebrain atmosphere, you are doing more damage to the reputation of the club and further keeping potential supporters away. Whether you wish to stand up, sit down or whatever, Just get a grip, behave y'self or F*** Off!!! If you don't like the regulations that you have to sit down then Go and watch Waterhead/St Annes/Saddleworth rugby on a saturday afternoon instead, then you can stand, and swear all you want - and hopefully someone will record you receiving a desrved 'clip' around the ear for your efforts and we can all have a reet good belly chuckle at you on youtube. :lol: GET A GRIP! :rant.sml:

Read the letter earlier and it is a shame that in a JPT contest of all things, someone has gone away with a bad memory of visiting Boundary Park.

As has been said, there's no excuse for the behaviour. It was hardly Millwall all over again. A low key JPT tie and some young planks manage to make a bad impression.

Much in the way fans of League One will find out about Colchester and their problems (more ground/steward related than fans), word will soon spread about them too.

First time ive read this. Most of my dads side of the family are from Morecambe and the only reason they didn't go is because it was a Tuesday night id of sat in the away end with them because without being funny thats one of the biggest games they've played in and they would of been soaking up the atmosphere as much as anything, only came out of the conference last year so npt used to crowds.

Would of been majorly embarrassing