Embarassed.......

I was embarassed by what went on around me tonight. Made me wish i'd not bothered going.

Now I dont mind the result. I dont mind getting beat. Infact, we should of had the game won by half time the amount of chances we had. Morecambe's keeper is probably the best opposition performance we will see all season. Ah well. Some of the best penalties i've seen in a while and some of the very worst.

I love banter, infact that's one of the reasons I used to sit in the Paddock. We in the Paddock however, knew where the mark was and although it did get heated at times. It was never like this against small clubs there should be no animosity whatsoever towards.

However, what embarassed me was the little muppets in the RRE. I'll get onto them 'kicking off' with the stewards a bit later, but there was loads which annoyed me long before that incident.

Let's not forget the main fact. This was Morecambe in the tinpot cup. This is what will be for the vast majority of Morecambe fans, there first visit to BP and I wonder what on earth they'll think of us now. There was absolutely no need to charge the barriers when we scored - passions werent running anywhere near high enough, like Millwall which was to be expected. Singing "your support is f**kin sh*t" was utterly cringe worthy. I wonder how many of them scrotes who charged the barrier would travel to Morecambe if the fixture was reversed tonight? Morecambe's following was made up of a dozen or so young school kids and husband and wife types. There was absolutely no one in that away end who looked trouble or threatening in anyway - which begs the question why so many little tw*ts went so overboard. Three of those young Morecambe happened to find themselves in the wrong section of the RRE in with the Latics fans. I dont know how, but they managed it. They looked absolutely petrified and were asking one another where the hell they go and how they get in there end. Luckily for them, they were asking one another as I was going past (rather than a small group of the muppets who'd of probably jumped them knowing their pack mentality) and I pretty much lead them down near the barrier and told them to tell the steward and you'll be let in - they even managed a thanks before they pegged it down by the barriers once the muppets realised they were Morecambe fans. When Morecambe's winning penalty went in and after a full 90 minutes worth of abuse directed at them and there mates. I did raise a little smirk to see them celebrating and giving a little back.

Now the incident with the stewards. Stewards all game had been telling people to sit down. Fair enough. there was however one or two who tried pushing the stewards to their limit and seeing how much they could get away with. The trouble stemmed from two lads sat two rows infront of the row I was on who were persistantly standing. They were told three times in the first half and even more times in the 2nd by people on my row to sit down. Not only because they couldnt be bothered standing all game, but because behind my row was a young lad who when people infront of me stood up - was never in a million years going to see over me and so he'd of spent the entire game staring at my back if the little muppets had there way. The dad and child incidentally upped sticks elsewhere in the stand when the bottle was thrown.

A bottle was thrown into the away end at half time. Only reached the meshing but still should never have happened.

In the 2nd half. The lad who got kicked out first carried on his one man crusade and thinking he was in the right and finally the stewards told him enough was enough. He'd had about 8 warnings in total from the stewards, nevermind those around. He knew what was coming so decided to sprawl himself over two rows which left the stewards with no other alternative than to use the appropriate force to get him out. He didnt like it so started fighting back a little. Once stood up at the steps, the stewards let go thinking he'd just march up the steps, no problem. He got to where the main bulk of muppets where and dived into them. They were pretty much pulling one another in, so the stewards couldnt get them - till they came in, in force and yanked a few out. Those who got pulled out by the stewards then tried to headbutt and attack by any way they could. How one of the stewards didnt lose it and give one of them a crack I dont know. The others then proceeded to chant "S.M.P". Laughable.

Me and Chaddy had a laugh about it at the time, mocking the squeaky voice and the "i'll bang ya" but its pathetic. Too many people who've drifted over from the chaddy, never been to an away game - now suddenly find themselves ten yards from the away fans and getting giddy as anything.

The lad who was chucked out first's mate decided to leave about ten minutes after his mate had been kicked out and started muttering stuff about the row I was on "pr*cks". It's funny how i've never seen him before tonight, either at home games or at any away i've been. I'm not the one acting like a t*at, giving the club a bad name to a team who's fans are on there first visit here and most importantly - the one's who are going to lose the club money. It's a shame you get a 3 year ban for being caught fighting at football - as that gobby little prick deserved a smack. Infront of his girlfriend or not.

It's only going to end one way. Those of us who've waited years to be allowed to go in the RRE are either going to have it taken away from us, or the club is going to be hit massively in the pocket when the police announce that they need x amount more police for games. Tonight should of been a police free game. Morecambe in the tinpot cup. The last place you'd expect anything whatsoever.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it's no doubt too late for this season, but maybe only the small section of the RRE should be open to season ticket holders.

It doesn't look like there is going to be any universally happy solution this season. With pricks like those tonight it's no wonder they're taping off our side of the stand rather than the other one. I've got to hold my hands up and admit that I was wrong to think it would settle down after Millwall. Morecambe in the made-up Cup on a Tuesday night has chavs giving it the large one? Do me a favour. I hope they drop them in a pit of acid.

I was embarassed by what went on around me tonight. Made me wish i'd not bothered going.

Now I dont mind the result. I dont mind getting beat. Infact, we should of had the game won by half time the amount of chances we had. Morecambe's keeper is probably the best opposition performance we will see all season. Ah well. Some of the best penalties i've seen in a while and some of the very worst.

I love banter, infact that's one of the reasons I used to sit in the Paddock. We in the Paddock however, knew where the mark was and although it did get heated at times. It was never like this against small clubs there should be no animosity whatsoever towards.

However, what embarassed me was the little muppets in the RRE. I'll get onto them 'kicking off' with the stewards a bit later, but there was loads which annoyed me long before that incident.

Let's not forget the main fact. This was Morecambe in the tinpot cup. This is what will be for the vast majority of Morecambe fans, there first visit to BP and I wonder what on earth they'll think of us now. There was absolutely no need to charge the barriers when we scored - passions werent running anywhere near high enough, like Millwall which was to be expected. Singing "your support is f**kin sh*t" was utterly cringe worthy. I wonder how many of them scrotes who charged the barrier would travel to Morecambe if the fixture was reversed tonight? Morecambe's following was made up of a dozen or so young school kids and husband and wife types. There was absolutely no one in that away end who looked trouble or threatening in anyway - which begs the question why so many little tw*ts went so overboard. Three of those young Morecambe happened to find themselves in the wrong section of the RRE in with the Latics fans. I dont know how, but they managed it. They looked absolutely petrified and were asking one another where the hell they go and how they get in there end. Luckily for them, they were asking one another as I was going past (rather than a small group of the muppets who'd of probably jumped them knowing their pack mentality) and I pretty much lead them down near the barrier and told them to tell the steward and you'll be let in - they even managed a thanks before they pegged it down by the barriers once the muppets realised they were Morecambe fans. When Morecambe's winning penalty went in and after a full 90 minutes worth of abuse directed at them and there mates. I did raise a little smirk to see them celebrating and giving a little back.

Now the incident with the stewards. Stewards all game had been telling people to sit down. Fair enough. there was however one or two who tried pushing the stewards to their limit and seeing how much they could get away with. The trouble stemmed from two lads sat two rows infront of the row I was on who were persistantly standing. They were told three times in the first half and even more times in the 2nd by people on my row to sit down. Not only because they couldnt be bothered standing all game, but because behind my row was a young lad who when people infront of me stood up - was never in a million years going to see over me and so he'd of spent the entire game staring at my back if the little muppets had there way. The dad and child incidentally upped sticks elsewhere in the stand when the bottle was thrown.

A bottle was thrown into the away end at half time. Only reached the meshing but still should never have happened.

In the 2nd half. The lad who got kicked out first carried on his one man crusade and thinking he was in the right and finally the stewards told him enough was enough. He'd had about 8 warnings in total from the stewards, nevermind those around. He knew what was coming so decided to sprawl himself over two rows which left the stewards with no other alternative than to use the appropriate force to get him out. He didnt like it so started fighting back a little. Once stood up at the steps, the stewards let go thinking he'd just march up the steps, no problem. He got to where the main bulk of muppets where and dived into them. They were pretty much pulling one another in, so the stewards couldnt get them - till they came in, in force and yanked a few out. Those who got pulled out by the stewards then tried to headbutt and attack by any way they could. How one of the stewards didnt lose it and give one of them a crack I dont know. The others then proceeded to chant "S.M.P". Laughable.

Me and Chaddy had a laugh about it at the time, mocking the squeaky voice and the "i'll bang ya" but its pathetic. Too many people who've drifted over from the chaddy (must resist....must resist...nope, can't resist...I must have a dig at the Chaddy wherever possible), never been to an away game - now suddenly find themselves ten yards from the away fans and getting giddy as anything.

The lad who was chucked out first's mate decided to leave about ten minutes after his mate had been kicked out and started muttering stuff about the row I was on "pr*cks". It's funny how i've never seen him before tonight, either at home games or at any away i've been. I'm not the one acting like a t*at, giving the club a bad name to a team who's fans are on there first visit here and most importantly - the one's who are going to lose the club money. It's a shame you get a 3 year ban for being caught fighting at football - as that gobby little prick deserved a smack. Infront of his girlfriend or not.

It's only going to end one way. Those of us who've waited years to be allowed to go in the RRE are either going to have it taken away from us, or the club is going to be hit massively in the pocket when the police announce that they need x amount more police for games. Tonight should of been a police free game. Morecambe in the tinpot cup. The last place you'd expect anything whatsoever.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Sometimes you cant help but wish that the gob:censored:es would get a proper good pasting outside the ground. But they would then be the ones who start crying to the police and insist they have done nothing wrong.

Exactly - that's why so many of us were incensed when we saw genuine groundless brutality on Saturday. It's dicks like this who make people think that the likes of Lee were probably asking for it in some way.

I went to see a steward at half time to say id just seen someone throw a bottle over at the Morecambe fans and he just went over to the general area and didnt do anything, didnt even ask me which one it was or anything which was very surprising as my mate had also seen this aswell these scallys like rocky says are going to give the club a bad name and i feel sorry for the morecambe fans.

Its not a dig bb80. What else do you expect me to say when they're quite clearly heard singing - "1 2 3 4 Listen to the Chaddy Roar", whilst they're sat in the RRE.

Lol...you mean the same chant that was sang at Burnley last Tuesday? It's a Latics song...not just a Chaddy End song...I bet many who are now ST holders in the RRE that came over from the Lookers or Main stand and like to sing, joined in. Seems the atmosphere has come at a price. And any opportunity to swipe at the Chaddy End is still leaped upon. Anyhow...

Hit the nail on the head Rocky Latic, the behaviour of those scrotes was appalling. A group of them were running away from stewards/police after the game and barged past myself and a couple of friends on Sheepfoot Lane and pathetically found the whole thing exciting and amusing, absolute numptys of the highest order.

To hear one of the scrotes say to one of OUR regular fans 'Do you want a punch now or later?' is an utter embarrassment in itself and explains why what happened tonight happened.

It's an unfortunate fact of life that some people when they have had 1 or maybe 2 pints of beer are willing to fight anyone (Dutch Courage, I think they call it).

Time to stand together against them, before they ruin it for the decent fans and inevitably cost the club money they can't afford.

I collared one of the muppets in the Queens before the Cheltenham game who was trying to entice his mates into attacking any soft target from Cheltenham.

I told him that I would gladly join in on the side of the Chelts fans, and that it was my intention to point him out to the police when they came in doing their usual pre match checks.

He left whilst hurling some really hurtful abuse from 50 yards.

They only wear trainers so they can run away faster - cowards and idiots the lot of them.

Root them out before we all suffer.

I saw one of these morons trying to kick off with a young lad from morcombe but soon backed off when his dad (i think) asked him if he was keen for a fight then he should fight him. I was so embarassed as a young moron thought he was being brave trying to fight with a family who only wanted to get in their car and go home. This lad and his stupid mates soon ran off when the father went to a steward who then called the police over but its another example of these idiots giving us a bad name.

If they are reading this then f*** off and 'support' someone else. You are pathetic little children who threaten a family of supporters and then run as soon as its looks like trouble. Idiots.

Rant over!!