Well done

Suppose I better say well done, you did a job today and got the three points.

You were very well organised at the back, very physical and could have scored more than one especially in the last 15 minutes.

I felt that whilst we played some good football and bossed most the first half we didnt make your goal keeper work enough nor did we stretch the play more than enough.

The goal that we had disallowed I will never know why because it appeared to be given for offside even though the ball was played back and then he booked greenacre but then again the ref did have a mare today.

Anyway fair play like I said you got the three points today well done.

p.s. I think anyway that actually went to the game would have to admit that only one team was playing hoofball today and that wasnt Tranmere.

Edited by Carling

I reckon he did mean it - that's the third time he's tried it this season! :D

Seems like it was a pretty tight game as most predicted. And yes we do play a bit of hoof away from home if it works... :wink:

With two quick forward in Davies and O Grady we can afford to play more direct football, its hoofed more into the channels though...

With two quick forward in Davies and O Grady we can afford to play more direct football, its hoofed more into the channels though...

Your talking out your arse mate.

Fact is you some times have to play unattractive football to get out of this league its all HOOFBALL at the end of the day but when your winning it turns into pin point passing?!?!?!?

I think not.

Yawn Carling I aint arsed with your comments, your on a oldham message board if you dont like the comments run off and rob some houses.....................

Mate your whit is so original you should put a patent on it before some one else thinks of playing on a popular scouse sterotype......I quite like this board actually because most the posters are decent eggs.

I think lots of Latics fans will be coming home saying "That was a great win", as you lot showed why you'd won 3 out of 3 at home. It's a credit to you pressing us that we couldn't get our game going fully (apart from a few spells in the 2nd half), and I think the same could be said of us forcing you backwards, then long sometimes. To everyone denying that we weren't that good in the 1st half, I'd have to say Tranmere were the better side for the 1st 45. Shez admitted as much, and he had a go at the lads at half time.

Overall though, a great, committed performance by both sides, a good pulsating game.

i think a bit of credit has to go to carling too, a fair person before and after the game....which is more than what can be said for the Spanish Leeds fan. It was probably him that posted the 606 comment that the 5-2 win against Crewe will be keeping opposition managers awake at night!

i think a bit of credit has to go to carling too, a fair person before and after the game....which is more than what can be said for the Spanish Leeds fan. It was probably him that posted the 606 comment that the 5-2 win against Crewe will be keeping opposition managers awake at night!

:lol:

Tell you what, wont be keeping us awake at night, beacuse (keep it quiet, as of course leeds are amazing) we frigging battered them in their own shatty back yard...

As for the trannies - by the sounds of things (and this is me being at my most polite best) they were unlucky to lose to leicester, and they were the better side against us for 45 minutes. Think that shows they wont do too bad this season, and unfortunately they will be knocking aorund the top 6.... Think they have 'udders next match, hopefully that will prove to be an easy game for them!

As for this hoofball arguement - read lots of reports yesterday that described the game with words such as 'pulsating' and 'enthralling' - not often you see League 1 games described like that, so that is credit to bothe teams....

Yawn Carling I aint arsed with your comments, your on a oldham message board if you dont like the comments run off and rob some houses.....................

A totally unnecessary dig there .

But I admit to chuckling to myself as we waited in traffic at Raffles Rd near the ground.

I am more than aware of Sir Stamford Raffles (I have stayed at Raffles Hotel in Singapore), but if my memory serves me right Raffles was also the subject of a BBC series about a prolific burglar :grin:

Yes on chances and territory the Trannies took the first half I felt with one peice of shocking marking at a corner that thankfully the Tranny player couldn't take advantage off, and a good stiff arm save from Crossley to a good shot. However I have to say we've seen on more than one occasion this season where the Latics have toughed it out early doors, play their way into a game and earning the right later on to start playing the football and turn the screw on the oppo. For me this is very very good and another reason we have the ability this season never to be buried until the final whistle.

Guest oa_exile
Come on BBC, this is riddled with mistakes and assumptions. We are top of the league and as such warrant better respect by having a decent reporter report our games.

Shaddy!

SKY Sports News is as bad :mad:

"Next up the highlights of Div 1 including Leeds five goals" .............and then goes onto to show them as they announce it :shock:

Erhhhhhh , excuse me SKY but we are top of the League NOT Dirty Leeds ! :angry:

I want to say a big well done to the stewards at Prenton Park. From what I saw, they did their jobs efficiently and effectively without being noticed, which should be the model for all clubs. :applause1: What a complete contrast with the Colchester 'experience'!

There has been 'previous' there though, remember the lad clouted off a steward in 01/02, just as Johnny Eyre put us 2-0 up, Latics fans complained to the police, apparently it was picked up on CCTV the police saw it and eventually arrested the steward! The incident caused a near riot in the bottom right-hand corner of the stand.

I want to say a big well done to the stewards at Prenton Park. From what I saw, they did their jobs efficiently and effectively without being noticed, which should be the model for all clubs. :applause1: What a complete contrast with the Colchester 'experience'!

Top steward on the back row. Didn't mind us standing up. Said he was an Everton fan and joined in with Ronnie Moore chants as well!

In his own words "I've asked you to sit down. You haven't done. I've done my job now".

Singing stewards - it's the future :grin:

There has been 'previous' there though, remember the lad clouted off a steward in 01/02, just as Johnny Eyre put us 2-0 up, Latics fans complained to the police, apparently it was picked up on CCTV the police saw it and eventually arrested the steward! The incident caused a near riot in the bottom right-hand corner of the stand.

Let's hope for a similar outcome and resultant change at Colchester.

They were telling some of their naughtier chavs to behave as well. I was really confused by one of them. I think he meant to do the, "slitting throat," thing, but got his implements confused and ended up doing the universally known and feared, "having a hair cut," gesture.