So do we reckon Ronnie realised he made a mistake letting Lomax go?

Another brilliant game from Lomax and sticking 2 fingers up to the man who released him!! He was up against one of the trickier wingers in the league and he didnt let him get going!

Well done Kelvin!

The boy's such an unsung hero, it's amazing. Rarely put a foot wrong in a Latics shirt.

Viva-Lo-max

The boy's such an unsung hero, it's amazing. Rarely put a foot wrong in a Latics shirt.

Viva-Lo-max

Also how he's slotted in on the left hand side with no worries what so ever!

Thats why in think in January we had to sell anyone it would be Eardley as Lomax can play there with a replacement left back.

Hopefully thats not the case but i think it would be easier to replace Eardley rather than Taylor

KTF

From the Advertiser about Richie Byrne:

Sheridan said: "We've had a look at him and I like what I've seen. He can play left-back and centre-back, he's a very good addition and hopefully we can try and give him some football.

"Kelvin's playing there and playing well but I don't want him getting in a comfort zone, I want him (Byrne) to push other people in the team."

From what I've seen of both players, Kelvin will have to be injured before Byrne gets his place in the team.

That game where Kelvin came on for Eddy after about 5 minutes vs the Dippers was the making of him, he clearly had a point to prove having not long been brought back by Shez and he played a blinder. He’s got a good attitude as well, I’m sure he would prefer the right side but he gets on with it on the left and looks like he works on his crossing and passing with both feet. Funnily enough both him and Eardley like to cut inside and run the ball into midfield – I am working on a revolutionary, “overlapping Centrebacks,” formation to take advantage on the space this creates.

Lomax is making the step up that he needed to this season.

Last term he was getting caught out of position far too easily and making some rookie errors. This season he has (almost) cut them out and is becoming a much more important member of the team - particularly going forward.

Shez is dead right though - like any other player he needs some competition to keep him on his toes.

Edited by garcon

I had doubts about Lomax, Gregan and Crossley befor start of season and would have happily seen them replaced by Lee, Fleming and Stam - I stand well and truely corrected - Lomax has looked top notch

not with lomax tho, defo with gregan and norm i think gregan is back to his best playing just how he did to win his contract

gggrrreeegggaaannn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!