attendance

Id love to see the likes of Diego respond to United being televised in the Chaddy End :lol:

I have been known to stick my neck out at times, but I don't bury my head in the sand.

If showing ManUre in the Chaddy End (or RRE or Main Stand) gets more people through the gate (including ManUre fans) to watch Latics, then I have no problem with that. The objective is to find ways of prizing money out of the pockets of people who are spending it elsewhere. If they can come to BP, watch live Greedy League football on satellite TV, have a drink and a pie, put a bet on and watch Latics play, what's wrong with that?

I'll be turning up at 2.40pm as usual oblivious to which teams have been playing at lunchtime. B)

I have been known to stick my neck out at times, but I don't bury my head in the sand.

If showing ManUre in the Chaddy End (or RRE or Main Stand) gets more people through the gate (including ManUre fans) to watch Latics, then I have no problem with that. The objective is to find ways of prizing money out of the pockets of people who are spending it elsewhere. If they can come to BP, watch live Greedy League football on satellite TV, have a drink and a pie, put a bet on and watch Latics play, what's wrong with that?

I'll be turning up at 2.40pm as usual oblivious to which teams have been playing at lunchtime. B)

The game will be 67 minutes old. The hosts leading 3-1. Franny will come on the P.A System. "Todays attendance is 3,908, of which 214 have travelled from Milton Keynes." With that, Corney will leap from his seat, run and grab the mic off Franny and announce his resignation with immediate effect. Sheridan resigns due to it all. New owner comes in. He's worth £400,000,000,000. He appoints Ashley Ward as manager, and January sees the signings of Ade Akinbiyi, Robbie Blake, Tresor Kandol, and Ben Mee. We are 14th at this point. An amazing sequence of 20 wins from 20 games gives the blues the title at The Banks Stadium after a 2-0 victory. Ward dramatically resigns, and days later takes the job at Wolves.

To be continued..

I always find this weather excuse amusing... does anyone on here admit they miss a game due to bad weather? Does global warming mean clubs are going to begetting attendances of 100 or so in the year 2020?

it puts folk off, you may be under cover at the ground but its lovely walking down broadway in the pouring rain. also on sunny days you can wear just your latics shirt.