16 points from 18

I see it as 2 points dropped rather than 16 gained... another dissapointing start to the season, when will shez ever learn! I think he will be out of a job come xmas..

And those two points dropped were at colchester... COLCHESTER AWAY FFS! Honestly - they bloody well got relegated last season and we couldnt beat them...

Just picking points up against mediocre League 1 teams like Leeds just isnt good enough....

Shez out!

Its really hard not to get carried away at the moment :)

Im looking at the fixture list and I am struggling to see who is better than us.... Leeds and lecister will be there at the end I reckon... I reckon it will end up being a three way fight...

Don't get too carried away.

We got a result out of a very even game today. It was never won until the second went in. If MK Dons can match us, so can others.

It's looking very good so far but there is a hell of a long way to go.

Don't get too carried away.

We got a result out of a very even game today. It was never won until the second went in. If MK Dons can match us, so can others.

It's looking very good so far but there is a hell of a long way to go.

surely thats the sign of a good side when you pick the points up when not playing your best,people are quick to slag the team off when we're losing so why not get carried away with our fantastic start we've had.ktf.

Before the second goal went in, an equaliser looked just as likely if not more so. And I'd have been hard pressed to say it was less than MKD deserved.

Best performance by a league team we have played against this season - they just didn't give us anytime time on the ball, pressing us constantly. This made it the least impressive Latics performance to date.

BUT we got 3 points and now have a GD in double figures.

I'd be very happy with a point at Hartlepool next week - just deciding whether to go or not.

Do you want your fellow forum members to help you in deciding? I'll start. Go to Hartlepool :wink:

Aye, get yourself up there. Go my tickets today, lady in the TO told me they'd shifted a couple of hundred so far, but with a grin on her face said they expected a lot more would go after today :grin:

We only have an allocation of 970 or something so get your tickets, people!

Beat us 4-1 ( or was it 4-2? ) last season.

4-1 indeed... and also remembered as the first, and probably totally premature, sighting of Lee Hughes in a latics shirt....

... think it may be a different story this year... (If fit!) ...

Cant wait... my tickets will be bought on monday for the nice journey from Bristol!

Thanks for the ecouragement - but I wasn't looking for guidance on whether to go. Been to Hartlepool before so the draw of a new ground is not there and I am out the night before on a work do with free beer so might not be up to it. Will decide on the morning.

However the fact that the boys have made a start after 6 games that equals the Championship winning season of 90/91 has got me tempted, very tempted.

However the fact that the boys have made a start after 6 games that equals the Championship winning season of 90/91 has got me tempted, very tempted.

I was trying to remember the last time we had a 5-1-0 start to the season and thought it was 86/87 (play off season) - didn't we lose 1-0 to Blackburn on the first day of the 90/91 season?

I was trying to remember the last time we had a 5-1-0 start to the season and thought it was 86/87 (play off season) - didn't we lose 1-0 to Blackburn on the first day of the 90/91 season?

Nope.

Wolves (a) - Won 3-2

Leicester (h) - Won 2-0

Portsmouth (h) - Won 3-1

Barnsley (a) - Won 1-0

Oxford (h) - Won 3-0

Charlton (h) - drew 1-1 (Charltons first points of the season in that typical odd football way)

I needed soccerbase for the bit in bold

Edited by Scapegoat

Nope.

Wolves (a) - Won 3-2

Leicester (h) - Won 2-0

Portsmouth (h) - Won 3-1

Barnsley (a) - Won 1-0

Charlton (h) - drew 1-1 (Charltons first points of the season in that typical odd football way)

I needed soccerbase for the bit in bold

Aye you're right, I remember now I was at that Wolves game, 1-0 and 2-1 down but Marshy banged in a hat-trick (I think?) to send us away delirious..... as I left Molineux I remember a Wolves fan saying to his mate "that Errol [sic] Barrett's a good player eh!"

The 1-0 Blackburn defeat was the first game of the pinch-me season. I stand corrected.

Port Vale away, 1-0. Beckford?

Missed a few sitters at the end to snatch an underseved point.

We dominated that game, Port Vale had a purple patch just after half-time and a combination of Nicky Cross and 'The Bear' bundled the ball over the line. Still have nightmares about Moulden's stoppage time miss! Oh and Stitch's rocket that hit a prostrate Palmer on the aris when destined for the bottom corner, Definitely not our day! Remember the corrugated tin at the back of the terrace?

Edited by oafcprozac