Chris Taylors Price Tag?

I reckon he will be gone in jan if a big offer comes in.

Agreed, the way he has started the season (both his form and his goalscoring) will have enhanced his reputation and hopefully his price tag.

As much as I don't want to lose him I think a big (to good to refuse) offer will come in and our hand will be forced, a big loss though if it happens.

Edited by Hometownclub

Surely won't sell if we're around top3

if he keeps up not just the goals but his overall play till JAN and has around 10-12 goals then ...

£1.5m minimum

wouldn't sell for less than £2m - at least we've got his personal "I'm a blue thru and thru" bargaining !!!

I don't think they would, they've said as much.

Your posts hurt my eyes.

They'd sell for 2mill and if its a club with that size of budget then Taylor would be mad to stay. Bank 1.5mill and spend 500k on Rowe at Stockport or the guy from Stoke, sorted.

It won't happen, when do we ever get an over inflated fee for a player?

They'd sell for 2mill and if its a club with that size of budget then Taylor would be mad to stay. Bank 1.5mill and spend 500k on Rowe at Stockport or the guy from Stoke, sorted.

Course they will sell if we get a silly offeri n Jan.

We nearlly have a full new team just from Trotmans money!

Edited by razza699

Course they will sell if we get a silly offeri n Jan.

We nearlly have a full new team just from Trotmans money!

If we're talking this kind of money then what level will the bid come from? Championship/Premier League... If come January we are still looking good for promotion and all the bids are from Championship clubs, surely we are in a good position to keep him till the end of the season? We get promotion therefore he is a Championship player and I'm pretty convinced the silly money offers would still be there, so puts us in a great position to barter and get more cash? I know we need the money but I would be very disappointed if he left in January no matter what the price as it would seem a little premature...

Having said all that - when does his contract run out?

wayne harrison

I heard that in the Summer Blackpool offered the club a fee for Taylor and before deciding whether to accept or reject his offer, Latics spoke to Chris. The Lashers offered to double his wages (can't reveal figures in case they are true, although his wage is at the top end of the club's pay structure). Taylor knocked back the offer, so talks didn't go further. If this is true, I can't see Chris wanting to leave unless its for a top of the Championship club or a Premier league team.

I did hear this from a bloke in a pub once, so I assume that its 100% geniune :grin:

I heard that in the Summer Blackpool offered the club a fee for Taylor and before deciding whether to accept or reject his offer, Latics spoke to Chris. The Lashers offered to double his wages (can't reveal figures in case they are true, although his wage is at the top end of the club's pay structure). Taylor knocked back the offer, so talks didn't go further. If this is true, I can't see Chris wanting to leave unless its for a top of the Championship club or a Premier league team.

I did hear this from a bloke in a pub once, so I assume that its 100% geniune :grin:

Lets be honest, £1 million plus for Taylor would be good money for the club. I am a big Taylor fan, but I think before the Hartlepool game, I thought he had been quiet for a few games. If the attendances increase, and we are in the top 4 at xmas, I think TTA wont sell. If anyone, I think Eardley will be the player to leave.

Edited by Eddie_m'gurk

If we're talking this kind of money then what level will the bid come from? Championship/Premier League... If come January we are still looking good for promotion and all the bids are from Championship clubs, surely we are in a good position to keep him till the end of the season? We get promotion therefore he is a Championship player and I'm pretty convinced the silly money offers would still be there, so puts us in a great position to barter and get more cash? I know we need the money but I would be very disappointed if he left in January no matter what the price as it would seem a little premature...

Having said all that - when does his contract run out?

I think he is contrated to us until the summer of 2010 so if he has a fantatstic season we wouldn't have to cash in in jan in case he did a Porter on us. Next Summer though our hands maybe forced abit more if we are still in this division and a big offer comes in.

I think he is contrated to us until the summer of 2010 so if he has a fantatstic season we wouldn't have to cash in in jan in case he did a Porter on us. Next Summer though our hands maybe forced abit more if we are still in this division and a big offer comes in.

don't worry bout that ... if there was one player (2 i suppose wiv the ex-rat) that wouldn't ever ever even consider "Portering" Latics then that is our home-grown Blue Chrissy T :grin:

We will defo get full whack for Taylor as and when i'm certain of that !!!

I think that to even suggest that a loyal Oldham lad who was brought up in the town and has SUPPORTED the team before playing for it - and whose father follows the team home and away( with a Tangerine shirt with Taylor on the back), should do a Porter is a real insult to him.

Not suggesting he would but that it wouldn't be possible at all for him to do that as he's under contract so we have that bargaining chip which is pretty handy when you are valuing a player.

Edited by GlossopLatic