stockport determined to do themselves out of cash

i dont want to laugh, im not in the mood!!!

apparantley they are under strict police instructions to only sell tickets to fans 'in the database' ie only people who have ever purchased something from them before. so far ive been a lapsed stockport fan, a stockport fans whos mate buys the tickets and im currently a un*ted fan who hasnt ever been before and just wants to watch a match, with my mates from stockport. the response? 'whats your mates postcode, he will be in the database'

so basicly if i knew a stockport fan there would be no problem, what a joke. people on here know stockport fans!!

sorry this is double posted, if one needs to go can you please delete the one in the stockport away thread

If they can hear you dribbling down the phone mate don't matter what 'cunning plan' you come up with, they will know its the guy from Oldham who has rang 5 times from the same number and ain't going to the game.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, there's 2 ways to look at this. First of all, can you blame County too much? We hardly went crazy selling Leeds tickets (not interested about the cost personally...you either want to go or don't IMO.) As we didn't shift 1800, maybe Stockport thought why bother offering more than 2000, needing more police/costs and end up with empty seats.

Theres a massive difference between £27 for a ticket and £16 though .... the cost was a massive part of people`s decision for the Leeds game.

It's probably a dumb-ass observation but tickets were still available up until a few days ago.

Surely anyone who wanted to go so badly that they'd be willing to arse around trying to get home tickets could've laid they're hands on a bona fide away ticket?

We're hardly talking about camping out at BP overnight here!

If they can hear you dribbling down the phone mate don't matter what 'cunning plan' you come up with, they will know its the guy from Oldham who has rang 5 times from the same number and ain't going to the game.

why would i be dribbling or is that some form of fishing quote?

cunning plan lol, i am feeling a little baldrick like at the moment!

Edited by daznathe

so basicly if i knew a stockport fan there would be no problem, what a joke. people on here know stockport fans!!

Potential problem with a County fan 'lending' their details to a Tic is if the Latics fan is ejected from the ground for being in the wrong area, the Stockport fan may get into trouble for facilitating sale of home area ticket to an away fan and may be banned from buying tickets again, even for their own use.

This is what happened last season when several pool fans were caught buying tickets for away fans, as every ticket sold is linked to a particual name and address on the ticket office database. I'd imagine with reserved seat tickets, the same thing happens at County.

It's probably a dumb-ass observation but tickets were still available up until a few days ago.

Surely anyone who wanted to go so badly that they'd be willing to arse around trying to get home tickets could've laid they're hands on a bona fide away ticket?

maybe some people cant lay there hands on £16 as easily as you can. or £27 in bb80's case, whether hes personally interested costs or not.

agree there may be other reasons, but as stated by someone else fans are easier to police if they are all together. if there arent oldham fans in the stockport stands on friday ill be amazed.

Potential problem with a County fan 'lending' their details to a Tic is if the Latics fan is ejected from the ground for being in the wrong area, the Stockport fan may get into trouble for facilitating sale of home area ticket to an away fan and may be banned from buying tickets again, even for their own use.

This is what happened last season when several pool fans were caught buying tickets for away fans, as every ticket sold is linked to a particual name and address on the ticket office database. I'd imagine with reserved seat tickets, the same thing happens at County.

thats very true, what i meant is if i knew a county fan id go with him to the game and i wouldnt cheer our gols. even if i didnt go with him i still wouldnt do it. in fact even if i got one thru dribbling my cunning plan i still wouldnt do it.

This is true, and I am one of the main advocates of the 'anyone who really wants a ticket can get one' theory, however this caught me out too.... a hectic week at work last week, getting flu and not being able to make the hudders game and not looking at the 'fishal or here meant I was oblivious that 2000 tickets had been sold that quickly for a friday night game....

Selling out a week before a match is pretty unheard of - even the other sold out games i.e Lashers, wolves, scunny still didnt sell out until the day before...

.. bunch of bloody glory hunters :wink:

maybe some people cant lay there hands on £16 as easily as you can. or £27 in bb80's case, whether hes personally interested costs or not.

agree there may be other reasons, but as stated by someone else fans are easier to police if they are all together. if there arent oldham fans in the stockport stands on friday ill be amazed.

I've no doubt that there'll be Oldham fans in the home area on Friday and provided there isn't any trouble I couldn't care less.

I just feel that some fans made the decision to go in the home end as soon as the allocation of 2,000 seats was announced and didn't attempt to purchase an away ticket.

If finding £16 was the problem then maybe these fans would have been better looking for ways to earn a bit of pin money in their spare time rather than thinking up new and more elaborate ways to get turned down at the Stockport ticket office.

I'm sorry if I seem a little bit dispassionate to the plight of the fans without tiickets but this really does seem like a problem that could've easily been avoided.

Ring up pretending to be a company interested in buying advertising/hospitality. Ask when the next home match is, "oh Friday, against the lead leaders, oh that sounds interesting, any chance of getting a ticket".

If they sniff cash they normally fall over themselves.

Hmm, funny, I thought Stockport was playing us on Friday not Leicester? ;)

the only reason we didnt sell up was because of the price and thats the only reason

Didn't sell the Leeds allocation last season either. Wasn't £27 then. Didn't take over 2000 to Tranmere. Only 2 games we'll definitely take over 2000 to this season is Udders and Dale. Not saying we wouldn't take it to County given the chance as we have done the last 2 times but that was for Saturday games and both were late in the season with high importance. Plus since the last time we've played them, we've been averaging about 1000 less at home. County possibly felt 2000 would be enough. And I could see why if I wasn't a Latics fan, from the outside, they might feel 2000 was enough.

If finding £16 was the problem then maybe these fans would have been better looking for ways to earn a bit of pin money in their spare time rather than thinking up new and more elaborate ways to get turned down at the Stockport ticket office.

I'm sorry if I seem a little bit dispassionate to the plight of the fans without tiickets but this really does seem like a problem that could've easily been avoided.

quite a sweeping statement. obviously everyones circumstances regarding cash flow, free time, transport, bank accounts etcetera are all the same so lets tar everyone with the same brush. oldham- the friendly family club.

like the way you write though, im giggling at 'new and more elaborate ways to get turned down' and intend to use that myself.

Ring up pretending to be a company interested in buying advertising/hospitality. Ask when the next home match is, "oh Friday, against the lead leaders, oh that sounds interesting, any chance of getting a ticket".

the accuracy of this post unnerves me slightly as, i was actually thinking this before when diego mentioned scholes!

Didn't sell the Leeds allocation last season either. Wasn't £27 then. Didn't take over 2000 to Tranmere. Only 2 games we'll definitely take over 2000 to this season is Udders and Dale. Not saying we wouldn't take it to County given the chance as we have done the last 2 times but that was for Saturday games and both were late in the season with high importance. Plus since the last time we've played them, we've been averaging about 1000 less at home. County possibly felt 2000 would be enough. And I could see why if I wasn't a Latics fan, from the outside, they might feel 2000 was enough.

thats a fair enough asessment if you ignore the fact that the clubs usually talk to each other beforehand. if its the case that someone at oldham informed them that we would probably only need 2000 then the fault is at oldhams door, i seriously doubt this. more likely that we asked for 2000 'initial' tickets and in the interim countys sales went quite well. or a police thing, with it being a friday night, or a combination of both.

exactly dont get paid untill friday need three tickets and dont have £48 spare untill then so how do i get mine early

I've no doubt that there'll be Oldham fans in the home area on Friday and provided there isn't any trouble I couldn't care less.

I just feel that some fans made the decision to go in the home end as soon as the allocation of 2,000 seats was announced and didn't attempt to purchase an away ticket.

The decision to play on the Friday was only decided last Tuesday. They were sold out 4 days later.

But we didn't sell out. Therefore the allocation was approximately correct. If you are estimating crowds these may be the type of things clubs go off.

Surely the Rochdale game would have been the best comparison? Seems like a a bit of a ridiculous decision to me and even if I had got a ticket it would be someone else going in the home end on friday instead because the demand is clearly there.

What this points out is why Latics were correct to give Uddy the big section, and would have been even if on 1300 of them had turned up. If there is any reasonable chance of selling out they would be stupid not to work on the assumption that it would do to avoid the mess and possible loss of money that Stockport are in at the moment.