Best Man

Next week iam the best man at my mates wedding and like everything else i have left the speech until the last minute, please could people take the time to read this quick speech i have put together today and let me know if it is good enough, also any further advice and jokes will be welcome.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, for those of you who don’t know me I am WARREN and on behalf of Sean and Emma I’d like to thank you all for your attendance today to celebrate a very special day for the two of them, I AM Sean’s mate and it’s great to be stood up here today because after 20 odd years Sean has finally admitted that I am the best man.Before I undertake the customary duty of giving SEAN an uncomfortable few minutes it is part of the official duty of the best man to thank the bridesmaids on behalf of Sean and Emma, and for having them play a part of this really special day. I have to say they all look wonderful and have done an excellent job. they are only eclipsed by EMMA herself, who, I’m sure you’ll all agree looks absolutely stunning.

Firstly i would like to say that I’m very nervous about making this speech, in fact this must be the fifth time today that i have stood up from a warm seat with a piece of paper in my hand.

As some of you know, Sean was my best man nearly Five years ago and he did a wonderful job. However Sean, there are many reasons why you should get married and I’m not sure if revenge is one of them. But, it is a great thrill and honour to be best man and Sean’s already agreed that I can do it again next time!

The last time I did a wedding speech the audience enjoyed it so much that when I sat down, they said it was the best thing I’d ever done.

Well SEAN i hope you made the most of your speech, because now you are a married man, that is the last time you will get to speak for 3 minutes without being interrupted, SEAN, I haven’t spoke to my mother-in-law for 18 months because i know it is rude to interrupt.

As the best man i need to sing Sean’s praises and talk about his good points, sorry mate i can’t sing and i don’t tell lies.

They say that when a man holds a women’s hand before marriage, it is love, after marriage it is self defence.

Emma you will make a beautiful wife and I am confidant you will make each other very happy. Let me just say from my perspective, Emma couldn’t be marrying a better man, and Sean couldn’t be marrying a better woman. I am extremely happy to have you both as friends.

So may your love be modern enough to survive the times, yet old Fashioned enough to last forever.

We all hope you have a wonderful time on your honeymoon in North Wales, at least that’s where i think Sean said they were going, he just said he was going to Bangor for a week.

WELL, Heres to love, laughter and happily ever after, as Sean and Emma start their new life,

IF you would all be up standing in my toast to the new MR AND MRS WEBSTER."

TO SEAN AND EMMA.

get's my vote pal!!!

i have some poems from my wedding a cpl of years ago that you could get someone else to read out for you either before or after your speech... PM me your email and i'll send em onto you.... sort of things you can get 'eldish' children to read out (ie if they have kids already!!) or a niece /nephew that you may feel is getting a bit left out!!

get's my vote pal!!!

i have some poems from my wedding a cpl of years ago that you could get someone else to read out for you either before or after your speech... PM me your email and i'll send em onto you.... sort of things you can get 'eldish' children to read out (ie if they have kids already!!) or a niece /nephew that you may feel is getting a bit left out!!

cheers mate, any help is greatly appreciated i have sent you a PM

you should add a joke or 2 to the speech , like i have known sean all my life and i still remember him when he was called jane and supported him/her when she decided to have a sex change to become a man , that should go down well

...you're not Bob Hope are you?

Ive done two best man speeches in my time, and ive used most of them jokes myself. always went down well. just a couple of ideas i used which you could possibly add

where you read the following:

Firstly i would like to say that I’m very nervous about making this speech, in fact this must be the fifth time today that i have stood up from a warm seat with a piece of paper in my hand.

add:

mind you, just before we left for the church this morning, i used the bathroom after <Groom> and found these at the bottom of the bowl.

(Proceed to hold up two bricks strategically placed under your table)

That one went down extremly well, probably got the biggest laugh of my whole speech.

also, you have to be careful not to make it look like you have copied and pasted your entire speech from the internet. jokes duplicate and it becomes inpersonal. your speech is a good one, but concider adding one or two personal stories. only you know what the best part of your friendship with him is, and what the funniest/most embarrassing moments of his life were. personal stories quite often go down better than the jokes intended to be funny.

anyway, good luck with it.

So may your love be modern enough to survive the times, yet old Fashioned enough to last forever.

Oh lord tear jerker. Might have to use that

Im doing the best man role next may, currently organising the stag do.

Speech is very good, im sure it'll go down as well as the beer