• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight was his big chance to shine for me. O'Grady the same. Both have been out of favour but they had a big chance to put it right and they blew it.

Davies for me never looks to have the ball under control. It's always pinging about off his feet and you really see the difference when he comes in for someone like Lewi, who generally has the ball always under his control. Both had a fairly decent first half, but as we got pegged back in the 2nd we needed the midfield to get a grip and the ball to start sticking up front. it did neither, and the miss by Davies when Alessandra was completely free just summed up our evening. Had he made the right decision then we'd have got a draw out of that game.

I'm not scapegoating either Davies, nor O'Grady but pointing out where we went wrong tonight. Shez was slightly at fault for persisting with a 4-4-2 when we crucially needed an extra man in midfield. County weren't using that much width so we could have gone 3-5-2 and combatted that.

Shame really, because we started off like a train.

Welcome to a new fan!

Well... I'm assuming you must be pretty new if you never saw Jermaine Johnson play. :blink:

Has I have been going since 1973 and have been watching this site for a while it just shows you how let down I felt tonight that I decided to post my first comment . What really annoys me is players who could push on but dont try.

Has I have been going since 1973 and have been watching this site for a while it just shows you how let down I felt tonight that I decided to post my first comment . What really annoys me is players who could push on but dont try.

Wrong end of the stick though fella. I certainly don't think Davies flaw tonight was laziness. More how he struggled to hold the ball up front and wasted the one good chance that fell his way.

Davies has a huge chip on his shoulder for some unknown reason, the sooner he gets rid of it the sooner he will be a better player, it's time he accepted that he is not Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney etc etc and he is not playing for a top premeirship club.

He should start to play the team game instead of playing Craig Davies FC Vs The World, he has been like this since he joined us, and as for the chance he had in the second half tonight? My granny could have put that away.

And dont let me start on O'Grady

Is Paul his first name? Or does he go by the name of Lily on a weekend?

I'm off too bed now so I will have to wait until tommorow to see what the happy clappers on this board have to say about my coments

I've been saying it for a while his attitude stinks and he has no footballing brain what so ever. And everyone slated me last week.

if a player misses several easy chances it's not because he's got a bad attitude, if he kicks the ball out when he should of taken advantage and played on it's not because he was being lazy as you put it the other week, if you put things into the correct context you wont get slated

*Latics in attempt to find scapegoat after one defeat shocker*

True...and whilst im not usually one to look for a scapegoat (was only one defeat ffs) if someones does look for a scapegoat then with davies they are looking at the wrong end of the pitch!

Edited by dave_ragg1984