• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually thought he played quite well, couldnt finish but apart from that he did ok.

but what use is he if he can,t finish,his finishing should make up for his other bad attributes,poor passing,no control etc,he needs to pull his socks up and do some serious training,i agree with earlier post he has a huge chip on his shoulder and maybe the wieght of that coming off will help him.

but what use is he if he can,t finish,his finishing should make up for his other bad attributes,poor passing,no control etc,he needs to pull his socks up and do some serious training,i agree with earlier post he has a huge chip on his shoulder and maybe the wieght of that coming off will help him.

14 goals last season suggests he can finish.

Just give him time, people need to start getting behind him instead of getting on his back, the guy behind me was at it before wed even kicked off.

If your nominating Davies for some "serious training" from last nights performance surely a few of our other players also need to turn up to this "serious training" session!

I really dont get this over analysis of Davies everytime he plays, surely we could do it for every player because lets face it in the grand scale of football they are all s**t hence why they play for us!!

Just give him time

This is fine if the aim is play offs... We can afford for him to come good late on... If we want automatic then he is going to have to step up to the plate!

I was very dissapointed with Davies last season. I do think he is lazy. I saw this in many games last year. I didnt go last night so I can not comment on him last night but I wasnt surprised to see someone pin that label on him. He clearly has ability and and a eye for the goal but his work rate for me has always been low. Also he lacks any sort of leadership ability. I think when the chips are down he goes missing, something else i noticed last term.

He is only young and will improve but Im not a Davies fan if im honest. I dont think he is going to develope into anything other than a average league one forward. That opinion is based on what I have seen so far but im not ready to scrap him yet, this is a big season for him, if he wants to stay at the club his performances and behaviour need to ramp up and quickly. We arent struggling for young forwards with potential at the moment...

This is fine if the aim is play offs... We can afford for him to come good late on... If we want automatic then he is going to have to step up to the plate!

. We arent struggling for young forwards with potential at the moment...

Completely disagree.......i think a lot of the problem is because we don't have back up for Hughes, especially if Davies is not in form. For all of lilly savages hold up play, he never looks like scoring, for all of Lewis' hold up play and good feet, he never looks like scoring and when Davies plays like they all did 2nd half, he doesn't look like scoring...i hope the picture is becoming clearer. However, when people talk about Davie being lazy..i don't see this, people used to say the same thing about Wellens, yet for me, nobody tried harder to get us back into the game than him at times. Davies now needs games and needs confidence and i hope that (going off some comments on here at times), the fans especially at home, don't get on his back

14 goals last season suggests he can finish.

Just give him time, people need to start getting behind him instead of getting on his back, the guy behind me was at it before wed even kicked off.

Even more so when you take into account the most he had scored in a season before that was about 5.

fans especially at home, don't get on his back

Its a two way game isnt it... If he keeps his head down, works hard and does his best... The fans wont have anything to attack him on ? The fact is he hasnt been keeping his head down, working hard or doing his best...thats why the fans turned on him early this season... (wasnt there last night so cant comment on last night)

He now has to earn that respect back to be utterly frank.... I dont think any of us really expect our players to be world beaters...we just expect them to work hard for the shirt....look at Warne for a perfect example...

Edited by oafc0000

Some of the blame has to go on the manager as well, the petty banning of him from joining the international team has helped absolutely no-one.

befroe the ban i didnt want it to happen, when it happened i backed shez. with hindsight, it wasnt a good idea, he could have more playing time and a few gols under his belt at the moment. toshack is also great at working with knobheads.

befroe the ban i didnt want it to happen, when it happened i backed shez. with hindsight, it wasnt a good idea, he could have more playing time and a few gols under his belt at the moment. toshack is also great at working with knobheads.

It wasn't the playing time I was getting at, it created a whole new situation. It pissed the player off no doubt, it was splashed all over the website and national press (which it didn't need to be) so the fans can misinterpret it

You really are missing the point...

Correct...He let himself down, the team and more importantly the fans. He deserved his punishment and to miss the international game.

However judging by last nights display it hasn't made the slightest difference...he's still playing football by himself.....if he had anything upstairs he'd be playing in the Championship.

To everyone saying that Davies has a chip on his shoulder and he doesnt put any effort in and his attitude is wrong, do you know him well enough to know what he is really like? do you see him in training every day? I admit the way he plays football it sometimes looks like he isn't trying but thats just the way he plays, he plays with a cocky, arrogant, swagger about him and sometimes it comes off for him and sometimes it doesnt. Forwards need to be a bit cocky and selfish at times, most decent strikers are. Hughes is cocky and selfish when he plays too yet no-one seems to mind that. The attitude of some our fans needs sorting, not our players, there is a difference between having a bit of a moan when they mess up - which they will, thats why they are playing in league one - and just shouting abuse at players for no good reason. We have lost one league game all season but to listen to some of our fans last night you'd have thought we hadn't won any. The last few years it seems to have got a lot worse, or perhaps i am looking back through rose tinted glass but i dont remember many players getting the same stick the likes of Butcher, Forbes and even what players like Smalley, Eards and Lids got last season.

To everyone saying that Davies has a chip on his shoulder and he doesnt put any effort in and his attitude is wrong, do you know him well enough to know what he is really like? do you see him in training every day? I admit the way he plays football it sometimes looks like he isn't trying but thats just the way he plays, he plays with a cocky, arrogant, swagger about him and sometimes it comes off for him and sometimes it doesnt. Forwards need to be a bit cocky and selfish at times, most decent strikers are. Hughes is cocky and selfish when he plays too yet no-one seems to mind that. The attitude of some our fans needs sorting, not our players, there is a difference between having a bit of a moan when they mess up - which they will, thats why they are playing in league one - and just shouting abuse at players for no good reason. We have lost one league game all season but to listen to some of our fans last night you'd have thought we hadn't won any. The last few years it seems to have got a lot worse, or perhaps i am looking back through rose tinted glass but i dont remember many players getting the same stick the likes of Butcher, Forbes and even what players like Smalley, Eards and Lids got last season.

Hughes maybe a little cocky but... selfish........he most certainly isn't!!!! I think you'll find he has by far the most assists this season.

Butcher just needed to put in a bit of effort and didn't help himself by coming out in those ridiculous white boots thinking he was Beckenbauer, Forbes, after a bad start just got worse and worse and was probably the most consistently bad performer I've ever seen in an Oldham shirt.

Players have always took stick over the years for poor performances but times have changed and some of these guys have a great lifestyle and are earning a couple of grand a week.

I agree some supporters are over the top, especially towards the younger players but I think it's only right for fans to have a go when experienced pro's are under performing.