Jon Gaunt

When I am, I won't be able to type :wink: Would love to, but I'd get sacked. It's probabably funnier to me than it would be to Joe Punter anyway, but I can assure you the man is a cock.
1-given the current economic climate you're probably gonna lose your job soon anyway

2-stories about how and why Jon Gaunt is a cock are funny to everyone

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-given the current economic climate you're probably gonna lose your job soon anyway

2-stories about how and why Jon Gaunt is a cock are funny to everyone

1- I'd have to try really hard, but that would just about do it do it

2 - Except John Gaunt, who was born without a sense of humour. Or normal genitalia, I fervently hope and pray :wink:

Hang on a mo, (I'm not trying to re-bring up a Hughes debate), in 3 and a half years time, McCormack will probably be a very good 'buy' for anyone looking for a goalie, at league 1 level or down be that us, millwall (ironic eh chaps) or whoever. Its not the fault of the employers that the British legal justice system needs looking at over this sort of thing. We have opened ourselves up to some critiscm for signing Hughes, but I'm sure he would be playing for someone somewhere now if we hadn't but we are not the first club to sign players who have been found guilty of a crime (or who are under investigation for one). I give you Tony Adams, Duncan Ferguson, Mickey Thomas etc. where was the moral outburst over them, but because of the crime Hughes commited we get :censored: over it you can't say this man's not employable because he committed crime A, but this man who committed crime B is fine. Once the legal justice system is done with them and the person has done their time then they should be able to gain employment in whatever manner is still availible to them.

Self-opinionated hacks who write for newspapers that are only just about fit for chip-paper with a less than kosher history should keep their mouths shut. I hope someone at the club decides that what he has written is libelous and take the appropriate steps.

When I am, I won't be able to type :wink: Would love to, but I'd get sacked. It's probabably funnier to me than it would be to Joe Punter anyway, but I can assure you the man is a cock.

At last you have a Midlander in your grasp and you're just too nice to deal with him as you have threatened often enough!

At last you have a Midlander in your grasp and you're just too nice to deal with him as you have threatened often enough!

I have to take into account that if I injure myself when swinging the Scythe of Purity round the Midlands and I catch myself with it, then literally millions could go unbutchered.

In todays Sun columnist Jon Gaunt in light of the recent Luke McCormick trial, describes Oldham Athletic as having the morals of an alley cat for signing lee hughes and something else i cant remember.

The ignorant fat prat

The guy is a Celtic supporter. So child molestation is ok is it? Singing songs glorifying the murder of Brits is ok? Absolute scum of the highest order, typical celtic anti oldham fan, just like that other scummer Alan Brazil. Any chance to stick the boot into good working class people like us - its points scoring and nothing else.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

i remember having the "not so" privelage of speaking to that gaunt tw@@ live when Hughesy had just signed and he turned my discussion around into asking wether i would have a peadophile playing for oldham.....after much winding he cut me off, saying latics fans would be happy having a convicted peado playing for em.........then he cut e off..prick!!!!

The guy is a Celtic supporter. So child molestation is ok is it? Singing songs glorifying the murder of Brits is ok? Absolute scum of the highest order, typical celtic anti oldham fan, just like that other scummer Alan Brazil. Any chance to stick the boot into good working class people like us - its points scoring and nothing else.

God knows what I missed doing the last couple of days' dishes before you edited it!

I wonder how many overtly Fenian pro-kiddy-fiddling-anti-Our-Boys-anti"Man-in-the-street," columnists Rupert Murdoch knowingly employs in his UK flagship paper?

Seriously mate - jack off more. It will make those angry voices just a little bit quieter.

There speaks another cretin.

oh my god give it a rest. or at least keep this nonsense on the dedicated "slurms hates fenians" thread on the general forum.

It'll be interesting to see if the S*n feel obliged to bring up Ferdinand's previous convictions in their report on the England game tomorrow, seeing as they've appointed themselves moral guardians of britain.

oh my god give it a rest. or at least keep this nonsense on the dedicated "slurms hates fenians" thread on the general forum.

It'll be interesting to see if the S*n feel obliged to bring up Ferdinand's previous convictions in their report on the England game tomorrow, seeing as they've appointed themselves moral guardians of britain.

more than likely, absolutely, probably not at all will he bring that over-rated, pig ugly lazy ass of a centre half into any publication, as i tried to argue(see prev post) with messr Gaunt on his show live...that we have a great tradition in this country of punishing and criticizing those who "work hard for a living", yet our fantastic media glorifies your gazzas, adams, mersons, fowlers, etc etc....yet lee hughes was completley condemned by an overrated, underworked, opinionated, jealous two bit bob presenter from a hypocritical radio station!!! and all he could answer me with was the dialling tone.........numpty of the highest order!

I think his column said " some club with the morals of an alley cat and the sensitivity of Herod (yes Im talking about you oldham)". The guy usually does quite a good column and on TalkSport he usually talks about relevant stuff, and even though he is one sided, his argument is usually the correct one. I wouldnt worry to much though cos in 3 and a half years, im sure Mark Crossley will be retired and well be looking for someone to challenge Greg Fleming, so lets get the ball rolling for his signature now.

The thing is, Gaunty at the time was undecided on his opinions that Hughes had signed for us. At first he was saying it was not morally right to sign him but after an hour or two he'd made up his mind that he'd done his time and the fault was the law saying he could be released that early. Now he's totally forgot all that and takes the easy route and slags off Oldham and Hughes! The guy's a prat with a few good views but he can't control a debate without shouting and screaming then cutting off the other person for having a different opinion to his. It was bound to come up with Luke being sent down for what he did and it most likely will come up again in the future but whats been done is done now.

• 2 weeks later...

I was listening to 'Bowtime' on TalkSPORT this aternoon debating Joey Barton, when a Latics fan called Ian phoned in. He complained about Jon Gaunt this morning referring to Oldham Athletic as "filth" once again because of giving Lee hughes a second chance. He said if he had phoned in this morning, he would have not been able to stop himself swearing at Gaunt.The caller gave examples of what Hughes has been doing in the community, and both presenters, Ian Wright and Adrian Durham, agreed with the caller that it was the correct way forward.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

He didn't want Wrighty to spit at him!

Ian wright is a sun columnist as well but his opinions are really, really poor. On a par with the drunken randomer you get taking to in walkabout on a Saturday night when your half watching motd on those screens above the bar, half trying to make eye contact with the attractive bird with her group of chavvy mates round that table

The thing is, Gaunty at the time was undecided on his opinions that Hughes had signed for us. At first he was saying it was not morally right to sign him but after an hour or two he'd made up his mind that he'd done his time and the fault was the law saying he could be released that early. Now he's totally forgot all that and takes the easy route and slags off Oldham and Hughes! The guy's a prat with a few good views but he can't control a debate without shouting and screaming then cutting off the other person for having a different opinion to his. It was bound to come up with Luke being sent down for what he did and it most likely will come up again in the future but whats been done is done now.

I was listening to his show at lunchtime today with the Joey Barton ...should he be allowed to play again question. I just knew he was going to use it to bring Lee Hughes into it. No surprise there. The man is a bitter Sky Blue who hated Hughes for leaving Cov for WBA. Then of course the victim of the crash was also a Cov man so Gaunt stirs it up to get kudos in the city. The man is a parasite . When he then came out with the view that we would sign Mcormick when he came out ON AIR and while being filmed by Channel 5 I thought he had gone too far and switched him off. Is there a case for TTA to take this poisonous cretin to court ? He really is getting past laughing at . There must be some dirt under his fingernails somewhere.