Whisper it quietly but...

Hereford played the better football... but they could not handle our attacking play. If they had Hughes and Taylor they would be top of the league.

Right... sit back and wait.

:lol:

Could be very true - but the fact is they don't! The difference in this division is very othen a couple of absolutely quality players... we have that in Hughes and Taylor - plus, you just contradict your statement - if they cant handle our attacking play - how do they play better football?

To be honest, you could have said the same occasionally about Khazakstan last night.... but they lost 5-1, quality scores goals and wins games.....

Oh... and they have Chris Taylor too! :wink:

They played all their stuff in front of us and never really threatened to do anything. We jockeyed them and got men behind the ball quickly to prevent them doing any real damage. They can pass the ball well but lack any killer edge, they seemed a bit naive to me and unless they can find some goals from somewhere they will struggle.

Us on the other hand had threats all over the pitch, from wide - Liddell and Jones scored from the RW and LB, Hughes from upfront and Whitaker from the middle, not many teams can stifle a team with goals in it all round.

They showed some nice stuff, but never looked like taking control.

Their defence was poor though.

We will have to work a hell of a lot harder than that to damage Leicester next week.

they were woeful.....i can't believe that anyone can think they played ok...absolutely crap and looked like what they are....a 4th div football team.

Guest sheridans_world

Yea and if we had Christiano Ronaldo and Nani we'd be top of the league. We've got Taylor and Hughes instead and we're top of the league!*

*Well....almost!

They were far from terrible. They were a little too nice, didnt have enuff physical players and the defence couldnt handle movement.... But they had 3 good efforts, 2 that on another day would have gone in and worked the ball well in the 2nd stage of 1st half they probably had more of the ball than we did. Crossley also made a great save early on and they had a couple of freekicks in dangerous places. If hereford had some kind of defence they wouldnt be where they are because in terms of getting the ball down and player they aint to bad.

They were far from terrible. They were a little too nice, didnt have enuff physical players and the defence couldnt handle movement.... But they had 3 good efforts, 2 that on another day would have gone in and worked the ball well in the 2nd stage of 1st half they probably had more of the ball than we did. Crossley also made a great save early on and they had a couple of freekicks in dangerous places. If hereford had some kind of defence they wouldnt be where they are because in terms of getting the ball down and player they aint to bad.

Nope! They were terrible, absolute cannon fodder......

Thought their number 6 caused us all kinds of problems 1st half. Not so much 2nd half. Their problems were at the back and up front, they played some neat stuff in the midfield. A better attacking side may well have took advantage of more than a few shaky moments we had at the back. Thankfully their defence wasn't good.

Think it was the kind of contrast you get between an in-form, quality top of the table side and a struggling one (even in division 3!).

Sure, they can pass the ball around neatly and get into good positions. but can't finish (like a lot of teams at this level).

Defensively, the less said about them the better. Can't close down players, leave wide open space for opposition to explore and a dodgy keeper.

Hereford played the better football... but they could not handle our attacking play. If they had Hughes and Taylor they would be top of the league.

One of the best footballing sides to come to BP in the last few years was Torquay. They played us off the park, but look where they are now.

if they were a great footballing side Lee Hughes is a centre half!!!

I'm sure the game being refered to hear is the 2-1 defeat in the dark days, when Akinfenwa embarrassed Branston even more than usual..... trust me, a local U-12s girls side would have looked like football geniuses in comparison to that Talbot guided shower of pap....

I'm sure the game being refered to hear is the 2-1 defeat in the dark days, when Akinfenwa embarrassed Branston even more than usual..... trust me, a local U-12s girls side would have looked like football geniuses in comparison to that Talbot guided shower of pap....

that is right bf...but the same applies to that shower of pap..... who we played today

The only reason they're in this division is they used the loan market superbly last season. MacDonald who was there a month scored 6. Theo Robinson on loan from Watford was there top scorer. Gary Hooper who scored 11 for them was on loan too. All there goalscorers were loanee's, apart from Trevor Benjamin who's not there anymore. The rest of there squad was an average league 2 side. Just that loan players with that extra bit of class you only really need to get out of that division is no longer there and hasnt been replaced. I'll be shocked if they get any more than 35 points this season.

I wouldn't say they played the better football, but I certainly think we got away with playing a very, very poor side at the right time. Byrne and Hazell ain't the answer in defence, and 90% of the other teams in this division would have had a field day against us.

The only reason they're in this division is they used the loan market superbly last season. MacDonald who was there a month scored 6. Theo Robinson on loan from Watford was there top scorer. Gary Hooper who scored 11 for them was on loan too. All there goalscorers were loanee's, apart from Trevor Benjamin who's not there anymore. The rest of there squad was an average league 2 side. Just that loan players with that extra bit of class you only really need to get out of that division is no longer there and hasnt been replaced. I'll be shocked if they get any more than 35 points this season.

thats the reason i always rage against too many loan signings. im managing to turn a blind eye with jones, even if we are playing him into someone elses team

thats the reason i always rage against too many loan signings. im managing to turn a blind eye with jones, even if we are playing him into someone elses team

Theres a massive difference between having your core of a team based on loanees - like Hereford did last season... noticed tha kid from the baggies hasnt even been mentioned who was superb - and then just bringing in 1 or 2 decent players to cover 'problems' i.e Injuries and suspensions, or a problem position....

The other thing I like with a Loanee is the 'potential' to sign him if everything goes to plan... if we get promoted and Jones helps us do that, that ther is a shot that we could sin him permanently.... the problem hereford have found is that they didnt have a chace in hell of signing all their loan signings, therefore they are screwed this season...