Ten Year Shez... Best and worst moments

Best

1. The back-from-retirement party at Sheffield Wedesday. Scored a penno and hobbles off to a standing ovation by a bumper Hillsborough crowd

2. The free kick against Brizzle at home ('98?) which kept our desperate hopes well and truly alive

3. The winning pen away at Brentford to bag us a Chelsea home tie. Hilariously skew-wiff but thanks to a second-guessing [wrongly] goalkeeper it trickles in.

Worst

1. The sending off at Plymouth

2. Being bumped down to Youth team manager by Ronnie

3. The knees finally giving in.

Does anyone have any of their own Shez moments that they recall?

Best

1. The back-from-retirement party at Sheffield Wedesday. Scored a penno and hobbles off to a standing ovation by a bumper Hillsborough crowd

2. The free kick against Brizzle at home ('98?) which kept our desperate hopes well and truly alive

3. The winning pen away at Brentford to bag us a Chelsea home tie. Hilariously skew-wiff but thanks to a second-guessing [wrongly] goalkeeper it trickles in.

Worst

1. The sending off at Plymouth

2. Being bumped down to Youth team manager by Ronnie

3. The knees finally giving in.

Does anyone have any of their own Shez moments that they recall?

His free kick away at Hull City in the 3-2 FA Cup win.

Have a recollection of an away game against Wigan at the old Springfield Park of a long high ball dropping to Shez in acres of space. And he did the 'ball jugling' trick of catching on the back of his neck and rolling it off on to the floor before passing it.

Given that nobody has mentioned it already, beginning to wonder whether my memory is playing up.

Remember during a game many years ago against a team I can't remember, the opposition sent a high ball forward, instead of chesting it or whatever he let the ball go over him and just flicked the ball back over himself with his heel and then played the ball wide to start another attack!

I knew then that I was watching a player who was a different class!

Remember during a game many years ago against a team I can't remember, the opposition sent a high ball forward, instead of chesting it or whatever he let the ball go over him and just flicked the ball back over himself with his heel and then played the ball wide to start another attack!

I knew then that I was watching a player who was a different class!

For me, the stand out Shez moment playing wise was a non-discript home game, evening KO in the 'bugger us-we've survived but now have no players' season.

Shez gets the balls in our half, holds off 1, out skills another - and then has to shout & physicllay point to Danny Bosh where he wants him to be so he can pass to him. Cue Bosh making the correct run, and shez shileding the ball from 2 oppo players whilst he waits for Bosh to get into position. Classic - the man was a different class, even without functioning Knees!!!!

As a manager - masterminding one of the best weeks, football wise, of my life - beating dirty leeds away & then Everton in the FA cup.

Thanks shez !!

Have a recollection of an away game against Wigan at the old Springfield Park of a long high ball dropping to Shez in acres of space. And he did the 'ball jugling' trick of catching on the back of his neck and rolling it off on to the floor before passing it.

Given that nobody has mentioned it already, beginning to wonder whether my memory is playing up.

i remember we got battered

when he came to the club after Doncaster not offering him a contract I was scepticle he still had it, He was a revelation, in the the same team that contained Paul Reid and Stuart Thome he looked different class, he just used to stand in front of our own 18 yard box nonchalantly spreading balls with ease... Quality how he always made himself time and space naturally. Cant be denied that the best years of Shez were behind him when he signed but at our level, and especially with some of the dross we had around he still made the game look easy

when he came to the club after Doncaster not offering him a contract I was scepticle he still had it, He was a revelation, in the the same team that contained Paul Reid and Stuart Thome he looked different class, he just used to stand in front of our own 18 yard box nonchalantly spreading balls with ease... Quality how he always made himself time and space naturally. Cant be denied that the best years of Shez were behind him when he signed but at our level, and especially with some of the dross we had around he still made the game look easy

I thought he was playing with Donny more for fitness than anything and it wasn’t a case of him not being wanted there? Some of them are still bitter about him leaving them for us.

I thought he was playing with Donny more for fitness than anything and it wasn't a case of him not being wanted there? Some of them are still bitter about him leaving them for us.

Aye, and back then they were really in the mire. Recently been relegated out of the league and on the verge of going bust. I simply think they just couldn't afford to keep him.

I thought he was playing with Donny more for fitness than anything and it wasn’t a case of him not being wanted there? Some of them are still bitter about him leaving them for us.

You could well be right, I didn't think any league clubs were showing an interest and we took a "gamble"... inspired signing either way

Best Moment as a player - there were plenty but I think it was summed up with that goal he scored against Chelmsford, I know it was against inferior opposition but the way he strolled into a shooting position sort of summed up the man

Worst as a player - that little scuffle with Corrazin vs Notts County over who was taking the penalty

Best moment as manager - I just feel the 06/07 season in general, but the moment for me which summed it up was at Brighton that season when he applauded the fans after the game

Worst as manager - In his first few games we struggled to score a goal, but that soon changed

Best - tackle on pudding on a muffin Barlow and getting sent off at PL1.

Hello everyone from Turkey by the way. It was 28 degrees here today. I hope you are all freezing your nads off :wink: .

The new Mrs Wilson says no to Swindon away so I guess I will see you home game after Leicester.

Enjoy Saturday and fıngers crossed for the poınts!

KtF,

Derek.