Just back from Swindon

Good turn out of Latics fans. Should have saved my money and stayed at home. Didn't play too bad in 1st half - the scoreline flattered Swindon. 2nd half we did not come out at all - defence shocking, players couldn't be arsed and they were collectively rubbish. Allott had a shocking game and the rest were not much use either. I have had a 2 and a half hour journey - I pity anyone who has the drive back to Oldham - the players should be docked their wages - if it was performance related pay they would be getting THEIR cheque books out. What a let down.

My questions are :

Where was Kelvin Lomax?

Why hoof the ball upfield to Hughes and Ormerod - their markers were a good foot taller?

How do they think they are going to be up the top with the others playing like that? Aren't they bothered?

Yes, I know we are still 7th, but two defeats this week and four goals conceded. Not good enough. What will Scunthorpe do to us in this shocking state - get it sorted Shezza.

Good turn out of Latics fans. Should have saved my money and stayed at home. Didn't play too bad in 1st half - the scoreline flattered Swindon. 2nd half we did not come out at all - defence shocking, players couldn't be arsed and they were collectively rubbish. Allott had a shocking game and the rest were not much use either. I have had a 2 and a half hour journey - I pity anyone who has the drive back to Oldham - the players should be docked their wages - if it was performance related pay they would be getting THEIR cheque books out. What a let down.

My questions are :

Where was Kelvin Lomax?

Why hoof the ball upfield to Hughes and Ormerod - their markers were a good foot taller?

How do they think they are going to be up the top with the others playing like that? Aren't they bothered?

Yes, I know we are still 7th, but two defeats this week and four goals conceded. Not good enough. What will Scunthorpe do to us in this shocking state - get it sorted Shezza.

score goals against us i would imagine.

hopefully the extra training shez is going to do and the changes will improve things..after all thats why we have a big squad right.

I have had a 2 and a half hour journey

So have I and I am in Ashton!!! lol

Today was just the same as Tuesday, we looked on top but gifted them two goals.

We cant defend set pieces at all and a stupid penalty.

Everybody had an off game today but Hazel was shocking at times.

I just think we need to get back to basics and if were going to play with two wide men we need to start getting more balls in the box because the service up to Hughes and direct balls to him are appalling, even if he gets a knock on hes too far apart from the other striker and were looking toothless in attack.

Back from the game myself and pretty much agree with Latics Lady.

For all our posession in the first 45 mins,we never tested the keeper!

don't know what the stats were but,we had an endless stream of corners of which not one put the Swindon defence under pressure!

Should have packed midfield today and ground out a result(which was there for the taking)

Swindon have been crap at home and until being gifted a 2 goal lead looked crap!

All in all,a very lacklustre performance.

My concerns from this showing are that Hughes and Ormerod are totally isolated,trying for most of the game to deal with hopeful punts upfield.

Allott and Whitaker were once again overpowered in midfield(second half) and that Crossley's lack of mobility and inability to command his area were again exposed.

Changes need to be made,this team has been well and truly sussed...

There have been a handful of games when our attractive passing game has been replaced with hoof to Hughes. No disrespect to Hughes, but he rarely wins a header. It needs to be fed to him on the chest or on the floor through the channels.

Beyond me why Shez can't see this. Or others on the pitch.

We started really bright and had quite a few chances. After the first goal they grew massively in confidence and we started to look tired and in some cases disinterested too. Same long ball hit over the top each time. If it isn't working, stop doing it and try something else.

Quite a few wobbly performances out there today. Must do a lot better.

We've got it in us, we just need to get it back together for the next two home games.

We've played much, much worse and won! Gregan and Hazell were rather poor at times, Eardley's distribution was poor, Jones kept wanting to play left-wing. Taylor got spooked by the "Taaaaaaaaaaaaaylooooooooooorrrrr!" chants like last season. Someone said at half-time we needed Davies on from the start, could have done with his pace in the first when their defence was shocking.

Feel sick knowing that we played well and still got beat. That defence needs looking at.

Very disappointing today, it was as bad if not worse than the performance at Stockport, the only positive for me was Davies, thought he did quite well when he came on considering how poor the service was too him. I thought Crossley made a couple of decent saves too. We'll have to do a lot better on tuesday, i would like to see Davies start and maybe Maher given a chance in midfield.

Sheridan stated on the OS that the performance was unacceptable, well at least we played well for the first 35 mins, we didnt do that on tuesday at Bristol, again my opinion but Shez has got to carry the can, the players dont look motivated, come to think of it neither does shez. both games have been cryin out for change, a plan B if you like, we aint got one, he brings on subs and replaces players but dosnt change tactics. he did try today though, 10 mins to go, masterstroke, Smalley fullback, and eards in mid.....in hindsite gained a midfielder which we already had in smalley and lost a experienced fullback to be replaced by erm a midfielder??

I am as fickle as the next fan, and a win on Tuesday and i'll be Shez's biggest fan again but over 650 miles covered and over 200 quid spent, Shez this is YOUR team playing YOUR tactics, sort it!

Very disappointing today, it was as bad if not worse than the performance at Stockport, the only positive for me was Davies, thought he did quite well when he came on considering how poor the service was too him. I thought Crossley made a couple of decent saves too. We'll have to do a lot better on tuesday, i would like to see Davies start and maybe Maher given a chance in midfield.

Coming back on local radio they were over the moon that for the first time in 6 months they had kept a clean sheet.

Sums it up really.

Crossley is weak on crosses which i think puts defenders in 2 minds.

It undermines the back four and they are playing with no confidence.

Distribution from the back is not poor it is pathetic. .

Not strong enough in midfield , nobody to win the ball and push forward.

Lacking height up front - need a good target man like Porter to play alongside hughes.

Neither of our front men are good at holding it up yet we play long balls upto them.

Chris Taylor is our only theat at the moment and shez needs to do something quickly or we will be fighting a relegation battle.

2 down at half time yet i thought we were still in it and expected a Hartlepool reaction at the start of the second half.

What did we get - 11 players who couldn't wait to get on the bus home.

Swindon have the easiest win they will get all season .

Stcckport , Bristol and today are places you need to pick up 6 -7 points if you are serious about promotion.

We have picked up none and the only goal scored was a freak corner at Stockport.

Spent a lot of time and money recently at away games and the only time i have had cause to jump off my seat was when i spilt my coffee !!!!!!!!!

Shez is under PRESSURE.

Well i pondered if the wheels might be coming off after Bristol and now i'm getting the distinct feeling they are.Why is Eardley in the team? He is clealry lacking confidence for what reason idont know but his distribution of a football is,for a high prportion of games amateurish,and thats not being harsh its me being honest.

Its not just eardley,there areothers showing a worrying lack of form and i have to be honest and say crossley has to be dropped now-he is slow and cumbersome and imo is becoming a liablity.

Shes,well shez now has problems and again only my opinion but i dont think the guy handles problems well,i have never thought he was the right man but as always time will tell i suppose!

do yer job shez sought it out.

The team seem to have gone a bit stale of late, today we played well and were the only team in it for the first haf but hardly had a decent shot on goal. I was fully expecting an onslaught in the second half and hoping for an early goal, but got the total opposite, a lacklusture start which allowed swindon to control the game and get comfortable and keep us in their backpockets!

We seemed to have no creativity at the moment, the whitaker/allot partnership has no sparkle or fight at the moment and they are a million miles from the front two. Whether we need a change in midfiled with Maher or one of the young ones coming in, i don't know and maybe a rocket up the backside from shez may work.

For me Crossley has to be replaced to, although he's a good shot stopper he is slow and immobile, he doesn't command his area and is slow coming out for corners/crosses, it's time to give Fleming a go.

Eardley had an absolute shocker today, fully expect him to be replaced with Lomax, all Eardley did was hoof the ball up front to no one in particular!

I don't know if the best thing is to replace all these players at once and give the others a chance or maybe gradually bring them in one or two at a time, I really don't know and that's for shez to figure out, i would definatey like to see Lee and Stephens introduced sometime soon as i've heard good things about them and think the fearless youngster in them may be good for us.

One good thing from today, i thougth Davies ran his socks off today when he came on and chased every ball, he was also the first over to applaude the away fans so looks like he's trying to make up for everything that's gone on, hopefully he'll replace Omerod up front for Tuesday and keep it up!

Anyway rant over. KTF.

Fair play for your 'financial and emotional' loyalty this week.......but what would your plan b be??

quality reply futch. while it isnt my job to come up wth plan B, lets start by installin some pride into the team, i can bet my bottom dollar my half time team talk wou;d be better than the gaffers, cos i am more passionate about our team, in fact how about goin 3 up top wen we are losin with more than 10 to go, plan C route 1, from the back, may not woek but its a change, or plan z. smalley at fullback??????? eardley into midfield

Shes,well shez now has problems and again only my opinion but i dont think the guy handles problems well,i have never thought he was the right man but as always time will tell i suppose!

do yer job shez sought it out.

Well we've comeback against Millwall, Colchester, Leicester so far this season, he's not doing that bad really.

Our current form is poor; the last seven looks like this, W1 D3 L3, which is relegation stuff.

It goes to show how quickly and easily a great start can be thrown away.

From the Advertiser:

Visibly seething afterwards, Sheridan accused some of his men of being 'in a comfort zone' and warned that attitude would have to stop. He stormed: "I'm embarrassed. I know we're a lot better than that and we're going to be working very hard from now on.

"The goals we're giving away are an absolute joke, they're schoolboy errors. People who have done well at the start of the season aren't doing well now.

"We know what the problem was and I'll sort it out. We were fifth in the league but the way we're playing, we'll be getting relegated - there was no desire, no will to win.

"I apologise to the fans who have come a long way but there's no way a team is going to play like that for me - there was an opportunity to win the game and we didn't show any desire.

"You can take positives from games but I thought we were shocking all over the pitch. I'll be making changes, people think they're in a comfort zone and are going to play week in week out but they won't.

"I thought we looked poor everywhere other than the first 15 minutes. We didn't hold the ball up, didn't defend when we had to defend and if you don't play well, you won't win games.

"I'll sort it out, I'll get it right - I know I will - but I'm a very angry man."

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Leaving Smalley out after saying he was the best player on the pitch at Bristol seemed a bit odd. Said he wants more consistency in his game. Can only get that if he starts more than one in a row though.

Bring back Lewi. The rest he needed has been long enough. Hughes' favoured striking partner this season too.

quality reply futch. while it isnt my job to come up wth plan B, lets start by installin some pride into the team, i can bet my bottom dollar my half time team talk wou;d be better than the gaffers, cos i am more passionate about our team, in fact how about goin 3 up top wen we are losin with more than 10 to go, plan C route 1, from the back, may not woek but its a change, or plan z. smalley at fullback??????? eardley into midfield

Smalley wasn't supposed to be a right back, he switched to 3-5-2 but as soon as he did they put McNamme back on their left wing meaning Smalley had to cover him. By the time he'd done that it was already too late anyway. I thought he should have changed it at half time and gone 4-3-3, we were all over them for the first 20 minutes or so, they were there for the taking but after one silly mistake from Gregan and then the penalty we let them back in the game when really until then they had been one of the worst teams i've seen us play in a good while

WOW!!! just reading a few posts and only just watched sheridans interview he semms very unhappy prob the worst i have seen of him...

i tend to switch off when oldham get beat, i didnt go as money is tight this month AND i havent watched the goals aswell but by the sounds of it WAS WE THAT BAD IN THE 2ND HALF??? :disappointed: