Changes for Tuesday

Shez is promising changes, and could be big changes at that.

I can see Smalley starting, if Byrne is fit i can see him replacing Hazell, Eardley going for Lomax and maybe Hughes and/or Ormerod for Lewi and/orDavies . Not heard Shez so angry for a while so i think this time big changes could be afoot. Probably Maher in aswell ..

Shez is promising changes, and could be big changes at that.

I can see Smalley starting, if Byrne is fit i can see him replacing Hazell, Eardley going for Lomax and maybe Hughes and/or Ormerod for Lewi and/orDavies . Not heard Shez so angry for a while so i think this time big changes could be afoot. Probably Maher in aswell ..

what about fleming for crossley????

we have a squad big enough now to chop n change things,time we utilised it properly...the so called players in a comfort zone need shaking up,drop em if there not performing.

what about fleming for crossley????

we have a squad big enough now to chop n change things,time we utilised it properly...the so called players in a comfort zone need shaking up,drop em if there not performing.

lets have big changes. we are expected to lose anyway, so why not.

we might just stumble onto a good eleven, at least the effort to impress will be there.

Team for tues;

Crossley,

Eards/Hazel/Gregan/Jones

Lids/Allot/Whitaker/Taylor

Hughes/Ormerod

Tell them to get out there and prove they are worth a place in the team because the last few games very few of them have done that. They are capable of playing well, we've seen that, now its time for them to stand up and prove that they are willing to put the effort in. Those who dont respond drop them for the game on saturday, we have a squad good enough this season that we can drop the players who are not performing, and thats all players incuding Hughes, Taylor, Allott.....

Edited by Gemma06

Team for tues;

Crossley,

Eards/Hazel/Gregan/Jones

Hughes/Ormerod

Tell them to get out there and prove they are worth a place in the team because the last few games very few of them have done that. They are capable of playing well, we've seen that, now its time for them to stand up and prove that they are willing to put the effort in. Those who dont respond drop them for the game on saturday, we have a squad good enough this season that we can drop the players who are not performing, and thats all players incuding Hughes, Taylor, Allott.....

No, please, No!! I only want to see two of them in the starting line up on Tuesday and that is Taylor and Gregan. But I reckon Shez, once again, will be all mouth and keep the majority of that shower from yesterday and will only make the one change, Smalley for Liddell.

Team for tues;

Crossley,

Eards/Hazel/Gregan/Jones

Hughes/Ormerod

Tell them to get out there and prove they are worth a place in the team because the last few games very few of them have done that. They are capable of playing well, we've seen that,

Thing is...we've not seen that...since Jones came in we've not been anything like the team before. Sad to solely point him out, but the enforced changes were necessary (ala Gregan's suspension, Stams injury) but IMO we were fine at LB. Since bringing in Jones on that Friday night at Stockport, it's gone badly wrong. Reason being, IMO, Jones isn't a LB but a LW. My team on Tues would be the one that got us top...

Crossley,

Eards/Hazell/Gregan/Lomax

Hughes/LA

And Jones would be a great player from the bench.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Thing is...we've not seen that...since Jones came in we've not been anything like the team before. Sad to solely point him out, but the enforced changes were necessary (ala Gregan's suspension, Stams injury) but IMO we were fine at LB. Since bringing in Jones on that Friday night at Stockport, it's gone badly wrong. Reason being, IMO, Jones isn't a LB but a LW. My team on Tues would be the one that got us top...

Crossley,

Hughes/LA

Agree about the Lomax/Jones thing.......but Lids has forced his way into a BB80 team!?!? A career achievment for the guy! All on the back of 5 good months in 3 and a bit years I take it?? :wink:

Agree about the Lomax/Jones thing.......but Lids has forced his way into a BB80 team!?!? A career achievment for the guy! All on the back of 5 good months in 3 and a bit years I take it?? :wink:

Not really, I'd prefer Smalley as you know. BUT...Lids was in the team that took us to top...didn't feel the need to go against that fact. The original first XI should be our "going back to the drawing board."

Edited by boundaryblue80

GK- Crossley

RB- Eardley

CB- Hazell

CB- Gregan

LB - Lomax

RW- Taylor

DM- Maher

AM- Liddell

LW- Jones

CF- Davies

CF- Allesandra

Subs-

Fleming

Allott

Whitakar

Hughes

Ormerod

Id play Liddle in the hole behind the forwards, so theres not the big gap between midfield and forwards, have Maher doing the Allott job. Pace and decent delivery on both wings with Taylor and Jones. Give Hughes a rest (tin hat at the ready) and have him as an impact sub if needed (like milwall game) Lewi will link up with Davies and bring him into the game hopefully allowing him to bag his much needed goal.

An if it all goes belly up, theres Hughes Ormerod and Whitaker to throw on.

GK- Crossley

RB- Eardley

CB- Hazell

CB- Gregan

LB - Lomax

RW- Taylor

DM- Maher

AM- Liddell

LW- Jones

CF- Davies

CF- Allesandra

Subs-

Fleming

Allott

Whitakar

Hughes

Ormerod

Id play Liddle in the hole behind the forwards, so theres not the big gap between midfield and forwards, have Maher doing the Allott job. Pace and decent delivery on both wings with Taylor and Jones. Give Hughes a rest (tin hat at the ready) and have him as an impact sub if needed (like milwall game) Lewi will link up with Davies and bring him into the game hopefully allowing him to bag his much needed goal.

An if it all goes belly up, theres Hughes Ormerod and Whitaker to throw on.

Swap a 28 year old Makelele for Maher and we might just carry it off!

This may surprise some, but I would give Smalley a run at centre forward, he is strong, determined, quick and useful in the air.

He would certainly give pedestrian centre backs something to think about and might just be the answer alongside Hughes.

It's also become obvious now Jones is no defender, and could move to the left side of midfield to run directly at defenders

This would mean a formation like;

................Fleming........................

Eardley....Gregan...Hazell....Lomax.

..............Allott.......Maher.............

Taylor...........................Jones......

............Smalley....Hughes...........

Although he has scored some spectacular goals, I don't think Whitaker adds much muscle to the midfield, this is why I prefer Maher and Allott as defensive midfieders.

I would also consider bringing Kalala out of the wilderness, I don't think he ever let the team down in the past for effort.

I wasn't the Everton game last season, but I understand he was outstanding.

Edited by BP1960

Crossley (GK)

Lomax (RB)

Hazell (CB)

Gregan (CB)

Jones (LB)

Smalley (RW)

Whitaker (CM)

Maher (CM)

Taylor (LW)

Hughes (CF)

Alessandra (CF)

Subs: Fleming, Eardley, Allott, Liddell, Davies.

I like Eards but Kelvin's performances have been better than his of late and on form Kelvin deserves his place. I'd give Maher a go...Allott has been OK but not his former self of late and I'd like to see Maher given a go. Lewis back in up front, we do look better with him in, and Brett and Craig have been given a go to show they can score...they've done as much (or as little) on the goalsheet as Lewis so put him back in. Brett doesn't make the bench on the basis that Davies has looked sharper than him.

Definitely need them. I dunno if I'd get rid of Crossley - the guy can't keep a clean sheet when we're defending the way we are. Hazell should be in danger, as should Allott - who's form has been dreadful compared to last season - and Ormerod just isn't match fit. I fully expect to see Smalley and Alessandra both start the Scunthorpe game.

I would like to see a change of system slightly. Maher I'd give a go. Let him sit there, but in a more obvious way, and help the idiots behind him out, whilst also making things tick, and just let Whittaker push right on, because he's always a constant danger.

Up to Shez what he wants to do involving Eardley, Jones, and Lomax. They've all got quality in them, but all three have really had an input in our disastrous backline of late, such as losing the ball, failing to clear effectively, holding the line together, and awful positioning.

i hope shez does have the balls to address the real problem area --- centre midfield and get maher on the pitch and let him have a go,teams are just (as last season) ploughing right through the middle of our midfield and against stronger teams we can't just rely on allott doing the job unaided , if we want to play with 'wingers' then protecting the middle is a must.

Crossley,

Hughes/LA

I agree about Jones he is not a full back. In 3 games I have not seen him put in a tackle. Stands off and allows too many easy crosses into the box. Cut off the supply cut off the danger. Wolves have had him out on loan last season and have shipped him out quickly this season. Something wrong not going to make it unfortunately.

My idea for the team would be this, give Eardley another chance in midfield like when we played Crewe. Replace Hazell with Maher. Push Davies onto the right wing and replace Ormerod with Allesandra.

1.Crossley

2. Byrne 4. Gregan 5. Maher 3. Jones

11. Davies 6. Eardley 8. Whitaker 7. Taylor

9. Hughes 10. Alessandra

12. Allot

13. Fleming

14. Ormerod

15. Stephans

16. Hazell

My idea for the team would be this, give Eardley another chance in midfield like when we played Crewe. Replace Hazell with Maher. Push Davies onto the right wing and replace Ormerod with Allesandra.

1.Crossley

9. Hughes 10. Alessandra

12. Allot

13. Fleming

14. Ormerod

15. Stephans

16. Hazell

Thank Christ your not the manager!

1.Crossley

9. Hughes 10. Alessandra

12. Allot

13. Fleming

14. Ormerod

15. Stephans

16. Hazell

wtf? maher is a central midfielder not a central defender you berk! are u dumb or sumfink?

and what's up with that numbering? they are either the squad numbers entirely wrong or you didn't pass year two maths class.

Thank Christ your not the manager!

lol i know!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies