Greegan mistake AGAIN!

Swindon’s first goal was his fault.

He left his man free to score just to close down a player that already had two latics players around him.

He also left his man for Steve Howard to have a free header last week and completely missed the corner coming into the box which lead to Bristol’s goal on Tuesday.

Point is can we afford to have a wondering centre back while Jones and Eardley are being encouraged to get up the pitch and If we are playing with two wingers away from home I think its about time we learn to track back when teams hit us on the break and stop Gregan resorting to suicide missions.

Time for extra training on set pieces also.

P.S

One day i may spell his name right also Geeeeeeeeeeeeeegan. lol

Edited by KYLEOAFC

He left his man free to score just to close down a player that already had two latics players around him.

He also left his man for Steve Howard to have a free header last week and completely missed the corner coming into the box which lead to Bristol’s goal on Tuesday.

Point is can we afford to have a wondering centre back while Jones and Eardley are being encouraged to get up the pitch and If we are playing with two wingers away from home I think its about time we learn to track back when teams hit us on the break and stop Gregan resorting to suicide missions.

P.S

Sadly there area that needed to be strengthened during the summer was neglected. Too many centre midfielders and not enough centrebacks.

He had an uncharacteristically poor game, and IMO was in the end lucky not to get sent off.

Don't forget, he's still a class act...yes he was bullied a bit by Howard (and I haven't seen the goal again from yesterday, but it did seem like someone was out of position to let him in) but remember how good he was at Leeds, Tranmere etc...no need to panic on the Greegs count just yet.

This isn't particularly aimed at you Kyle...but folk on here are starting to panic and say players aren't up to scratch...well we've seen what they can do, they are good enough, we're just going through a sticky patch. When it comes down to it we're outside the playoffs on goal difference, I bet the 17 teams below us would rather be in our position.

Keep the faith guys!

Sadly there area that needed to be strengthened during the summer was neglected. Too many centre midfielders and not enough centrebacks.

yes but dont forget that people mentioned we needed a defender or two and got laughed at,instead preffering midfielders n strikers as that was were the problems were....

i must say though i would take norm out the firing line,and give flemming his chance,its debateable about who is better...but flemming is younger and more mobile than norm,so maybe he will have a better effect on the backline.

It depresses me greatly that the only player to bring in is Stam.

Stam isn't good enough at ALL so we are stuck with what we have at the back and have no real options especially as Thompson has gone on Loan its like picking the best from a bad bunch I am far from convinced with Byrne also.

It depresses me greatly that the only player to bring in is Stam.

Stam isn't good enough at ALL so we are stuck with what we have at the back and have no real options especially as Thompson has gone on Loan its like picking the best from a bad bunch I am far from convinced with Byrne also.

Who do you want to bring in? Terry? Gallas? We're a League One team! Stefan's pretty good for a 'back-up', IMO he'd be playing in a fair number of L1 first teams if he was at another club.

He had an uncharacteristically poor game, and IMO was in the end lucky not to get sent off.

Don't forget, he's still a class act...yes he was bullied a bit by Howard (and I haven't seen the goal again from yesterday, but it did seem like someone was out of position to let him in) but remember how good he was at Leeds, Tranmere etc...no need to panic on the Greegs count just yet.

The scorer of the first goal was a central defender who had stayed upfield.

Not just picking on Gregan, as everyone had a nightmare yesterday, but it's a sign that Gregan is so below par at present that he's stopped blaming others for his mistakes. All sorts of things affect how individuals play - maybe he has more on his mind than when he was putting in his benchmark performances. Reminding him about the chippy yesterday may not have helped his concentration - who knows?

Who do you want to bring in? Terry? Gallas? We're a League One team! Stefan's pretty good for a 'back-up', IMO he'd be playing in a fair number of L1 first teams if he was at another club.

It's been a couple of years since I've seen much from him to convince me of that I'm afraid.

All sorts of things affect how individuals play - maybe he has more on his mind than when he was putting in his benchmark performances. Reminding him about the chippy yesterday may not have helped his concentration - who knows?

Do you know something we don't Dieo? :unsure:

Not just picking on Gregan, as everyone had a nightmare yesterday, but it's a sign that Gregan is so below par at present that he's stopped blaming others for his mistakes. All sorts of things affect how individuals play - maybe he has more on his mind than when he was putting in his benchmark performances. Reminding him about the chippy yesterday may not have helped his concentration - who knows?

dont forget he served a 3 game ban....so a player of his age loses fitness quicker than most,then he was thrown straight back in again.....

think the team just need to get back to basics,pass and move....keep it simple....if you dont think the forward can hold the ball up then dont whack it 60 yards long to him.

sheridan the player was a class act,his whole game was built around passing and threading balls through,so im very suprised he hasnt imparted this on his players....eardly especially,has the potential to be a very good player,but aimlessly knocking long balls upfield doesnt work....haining tried it and it didnt work,holden tried it and it didnt work.....should concentrate on better movement and passing first.

I appreciate your point about us being a League 1 side and The dirty Reds are probably saying the same things about Ferdinands performance yesterday as I said about Gregan.

My point is however, in Defence we havent got the quality in depth, Stam is a very very average League 1 Defender, and very very average players don’t win you promotion.

We are relying too much on the likes of Crossley Greegan & Hughes and if they don’t perform which they haven’t past few weeks we are really an average side and will struggle against the sides in this division that may not even be the best in terms of quality but have 11 players that play as a team.

We have some great individuals in our starting 11 but as yet we don’t have that team mentality and don’t look like we could fight or scrap for 3 points when times are tough.

I think I was at a different game yesterday ... firstly where we were sitting was a long way away to see exactly who was pulled out of position, but I think the overla was caused by the big centre half making the outside overlap .. so not directly Gregans fault .. and for the rest of the game he held the back line well and made a good number of clearances ..

As for the game, we were the better team in the first half, and lost it 2-0. In the second half we were poor and lucky they didn't score more. It was a fair result in the end.

P.S

hazel was marking howard against last week not greegs.

hazel has been our worsed defender this season but seems to escape criticism.

unlike the usual suspects crossley , eardly , greegs and davies

Against the Foxes,on set pieces Greegan marked Howard.

During the game Hazel picked up howard ( which seemed strange)

Leicester scored from.....wait for it...... A SET PIECE!!!!

Gregan missed the ball and it fell to Howard unmarked.

Also I subscribe to the blame culture and studied all goals scored and conceded on TV replays trust me Yesterday Gregan left his man to make a challenge and against Leicester he ball watched and left Howard.

We dont have the best players in the league, we never will, therefore all they can do is give us 100%, Gregan is one of the very few players we have at the moment who wears his heart on his sleeve, ha gets caught out of position cos he's tryna cover for others, ie Hazel, he gets booked (stupidly sometimes) cos he's passionate, he argues with refs cos it means a lot to him. some of the players and management dont have this passion, we as loyal fans were here before em, and we'll be here when they dont think twice about us....this club lacks passion, dont slate a player for showin it!

We dont have the best players in the league, we never will, therefore all they can do is give us 100%, Gregan is one of the very few players we have at the moment who wears his heart on his sleeve, ha gets caught out of position cos he's tryna cover for others, ie Hazel, he gets booked (stupidly sometimes) cos he's passionate, he argues with refs cos it means a lot to him. some of the players and management dont have this passion, we as loyal fans were here before em, and we'll be here when they dont think twice about us....this club lacks passion, dont slate a player for showin it!

Funny you mention that about hazel he's one booking away from a ban, I wonder if thats why he didnt commit to a challenge yesterday, in case he was booked and would miss scunny?

Funny you mention that about hazel he's one booking away from a ban, I wonder if thats why he didnt commit to a challenge yesterday, in case he was booked and would miss scunny?

well after alan Hardy puy his 2penneth in on friday, in the rarely wrong - telling Hazell that we can't afford to have him booked, as we have no cover........well buy another bloody defender then

I've thought that about Hazel myself, i thought it was just me and i was missing something because everyone keeps going on about how good he is but i just dont see it. I'm not saying he is a bad player or anything but he makes just as many mistakes if not more than Gregan and Stam do and his distribution is much worse than Eardleys yet Eards gets slated at every opportunity.

folk on here are starting to panic and say players aren't up to scratch...well we've seen what they can do, they are good enough, we're just going through a sticky patch.

Interesting comment which I agree with...the worry is, there's no cover and no excuse for Hazell and Gregan looking like strangers as they did yesterday. The partnership has been excellent at times...where has it gone wrong between them? That's the 1st answer to look for IMO.

should concentrate on better movement and passing first.

The one thing Shez's teams have always lacked is movement. Be it throw-ins, corners or just general play. Usually our lot take up positions...but this isn't always enough and when teams stifle us, our movement becomes non-existent. The 3 best players we have at present who create spaces through their movement IMO are Whitaker, Hughes and LA...problem is, Whitaker has been woeful in the last 2 games and Lewis (for some inexplicable reason) has become 3rd choice behind Davies. Hughes still creates space but has nobody working with him.

Speaking of Hughes, just seen the handball. If I was Shez, I'd be warning him that the next time he handballs he loses a weeks wage. That penalty is a :censored:ing joke and Hughes should be ashamed of himself for it!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

....... we are playing with two wingers away from home

The problem is we are playing with 3 wingers ATM.(Jones and Taylor making same runs)

Put Taylor on the RW, Jones LW, Lomax RB, Byrne LB. like for the Leicester start.

Whilst were at it replace Allot with Maher and Davies wth Aless.

Edited by laticsrblue

:applause1:

Greeeeeeeeegan

gregan was not great at leeds he should have given away two nailed on penalties, he wasnt great at tranmere he should have been sent off.

glad peoples eyes are opening now, 18 months too late.

thought he was good v leicester though, and hudds. there you go, a finely balanced post by me on greegs.

gregan was not great at leeds he should have given away two nailed on penalties, he wasnt great at tranmere he should have been sent off.

glad peoples eyes are opening now, 18 months too late.

thought he was good v leicester though, and hudds. there you go, a finely balanced post by me on greegs.

Now that's interesting daz, cos here's what Ronnie Moore had to say about Sean Gregan

"Gregan was probably the best player on the park. He bossed and bullied one or two of our lads," Moore said.

Now that's interesting daz, cos here's what Ronnie Moore had to say about Sean Gregan

"Gregan was probably the best player on the park. He bossed and bullied one or two of our lads," Moore said.

i know he did, but he still should have been sent off. errors can be excused/ ignored or glossed over, but over time failings can not be disquised.