Craig Davies

Heard today from someone who'd been approached by Craig Davies' agent asking if they wanted to take him on a short term loan, apparently other league 1 clubs have also been approached. Also found out that several league 1 clubs made enquiries about O'Grady but Shez didnt want to send him out to a divisional rival.

Heard today from someone who'd been approached by Craig Davies' agent asking if they wanted to take him on a short term loan, apparently other league 1 clubs have also been approached. Also found out that several league 1 clubs made enquiries about O'Grady but Shez didnt want to send him out to a divisional rival.

Know a lot of managers do you? :grin:

Cant imagine Shez would be happy if he knew Davies' agent was sniffing around other clubs, surely Sheridan should be the one to offer him out, as im pretty sure he wouldnt allow him to leave whilst O'Grady is also out on loan.

Would hope this is not true. While there are obvious benefits for Craig, it would be just our luck for one the other strikers to get crocked, although O'Grady could probably be recalled.

Does he need to go out on loan or will the performance of Lewi last night be just the wake-up call that he needs? I really would not like to see him at another League 1 outfit.

Your sources usally arent up to much....

A better question is when have you been right?

O'Grady being offered out on loan to league 2 clubs ? Other league clubs being after our targets, please prove me wrong, not really arsed if u believe me just putting it out there so people have the option.

O'Grady being offered out on loan to league 2 clubs ? Other league clubs being after our targets, please prove me wrong, not really arsed if u believe me just putting it out there so people have the option.

I can actually see this one being very true. It makes sense. Would nyone here be bothered if he went out on loan to a Hereford, orient, or Yeovil... or even someone like stockport?

If he goes there, gets games and scores goals I would welcome him back with open arms.... at the moment i'd even put him down as our 5th choce striker (behind Smalley and wolfy) and that is even with O'Grady out on loan.... so what is the point in having him here???

I can actually see this one being very true. It makes sense. Would nyone here be bothered if he went out on loan to a Hereford, orient, or Yeovil... or even someone like stockport?

If he goes there, gets games and scores goals I would welcome him back with open arms.... at the moment i'd even put him down as our 5th choce striker (behind Smalley and wolfy) and that is even with O'Grady out on loan.... so what is the point in having him here???

Behind Smalley yes. But Wolfenden? I'd put Mark Allott back upfront before him. :lol:

:shock:

Calm down BigFin......

Davies should stay here, at least while O'Grady is out. I can see the argument in getting him out on loan, getting match fit, scoring goals and us having an option to recall him. But why do that whilst we do exactly the same thing with Brett Ormerod?? Unless that could become a long-term loan or permanent (which would be different) it's better to crack on with Davies who we know has the ability, is something different, and has a long(ish) contract.

:shock:

Calm down BigFin......

Davies should stay here, at least while O'Grady is out. I can see the argument in getting him out on loan, getting match fit, scoring goals and us having an option to recall him. But why do that whilst we do exactly the same thing with Brett Ormerod?? Unless that could become a long-term loan or permanent (which would be different) it's better to crack on with Davies who we know has the ability, is something different, and has a long(ish) contract.

Sorry, Sorry, quite right... I got my maths all wrong... He is actually our 6th Choice striker..!

Hughes

Lewi

Ormerod

Smalley

Ewok

Davies

My mistake :wink:

I'd defo play smalley ahead of him at the moment... so dont see the harm in him getting some games elsewhere... especially as you say if Ormerod stays for while and actually gets fit...

Davies should stay in the squad.

Hughes is on the verge of a ban, Ormerod isn't fit and O'Grady's out on loan.

Wolfy's not the man for the job and Smalley's better wide than central.

The Alessandra / Davies partnership was one of the brighter discoveries of last season. Proving that LA should be the first striker on the team sheet.

The Alessandra / Davies partnership was one of the brighter discoveries of last season. Proving that LA should be the first striker on the team sheet.

Mr Alessandra is it? :wink:

Spot on!! :applause1:

how the hell can davies be behind smalley in the pecking order of strikers when dean hasnt played one game up front this season?

i know alot of people dont like him due to the rochdale sending off but he was our top scorer last season,

ormerod has done nothing since hes arrived and will surley be sent back to preston when his months up.

ogradys on loan at bury, wolfys not had a look in and smalley is being groomed to take over from lids when the time comes.

davies is 4th choice until bret goes back and then he will be third choice.

he may even make the bench saturday, get a good lead and make some changes, stranger things have happened.

how the hell can davies be behind smalley in the pecking order of strikers when dean hasnt played one game up front this season?

i know alot of people dont like him due to the rochdale sending off but he was our top scorer last season,

ormerod has done nothing since hes arrived and will surley be sent back to preston when his months up.

ogradys on loan at bury, wolfys not had a look in and smalley is being groomed to take over from lids when the time comes.

davies is 4th choice until bret goes back and then he will be third choice.

he may even make the bench saturday, get a good lead and make some changes, stranger things have happened.

I'm not Davies' number one fan, but I can see pace and ability and (last season) an eye for a goal occasionally too.

I didn't think his partnership with Hughes was as fruitful as it should be.

I think he's wasteful at times and fails to use his blistering pace which can and should change games when we're in trouble.

I think LA is the key to a successful 4-4-2 (our own Teddy Sheringham).

But, despite my misgivings, if Hughes ain't available, CD/LA up front for me.

Edited by opinions4u