Ormerod

We are 24hours from the cup game and still haven't received clearance which would allow Ormerod to play. Surely Preston are not still weighing up their options.....You're not telling me that they still haven't decided at this late stage.

Why is everything so difficult at this club?.......for God's sake it's not exactly a life or death situation is it!!!!!

We are 24hours from the cup game and still haven't received clearance which would allow Ormerod to play. Surely Preston are not still weighing up their options.....You're not telling me that they still haven't decided at this late stage.

Why is everything so difficult at this club?.......for God's sake it's not exactly a life or death situation is it!!!!!

he is listed in the squad on the official site......

Just looked on Cheltenham's official site and it states that he is able to play after clearance by Preston.

So maybe a little OTT? Three readily available sources of information but you rant at the club?

So maybe a little OTT? Three readily available sources of information but you rant at the club?

That's a bit harsh on oafc1955. I'm not havinga go at the club but it does seem a little strange that Cheltenham are telling their fans that he's available but we're not telling ours.

A lot of people don't trawl the net looking for information, they assume that it will be available first on the OS

OTT I don't think so!!!! As a subscriber to LW we are told that we are the first to be informed of football news by SMS.

There is nothing on the O.S as yet and if it is true (and it has to be confirmed as yet) it's ridiculous that the general media have been informed before the club's own supporters!!!

It's in the FA Cup preview on the official site.

Silly place to put squad news for a cup game but hey.

Even if we hadn't received permission at this late stage I should imagine he would still have be named in the squad so I will await an official announcement from the club.

Even if we hadn't received permission at this late stage I should imagine he would still have be named in the squad so I will await an official announcement from the club.

Seven subs in the FA Cup, a named squad of 18.

What I felt was OTT was your rant about nothing being straightforward at the club. Most things are precisely that, but to use your lack of knowledge about Ormerod as the basis of a general swipe was, I believe, OTT.

KTF though!

Seven subs in the FA Cup, a named squad of 18.

What I felt was OTT was your rant about nothing being straightforward at the club. Most things are precisely that, but to use your lack of knowledge about Ormerod as the basis of a general swipe was, I believe, OTT.

KTF though!

Loaning out 2 strikers and allowing both to play in the cup when we are now short ourselves and sweating on the Ormerod availability 24hours before the game......We've gone from having arguably our best squad for years at the start of the season to this scenario...........hardly straightforward is it???

TBH does it really matter whether he gets clearance or not, he's hardly set the place alight since his arrival and I think most people have been distinctly underwhelmed, he is nowhere near fit and quite honestly I think Smalley is a better option up front with Alessandra.

We need to really pull our finger out to get anything from an away game currently.

Loaning out 2 strikers and allowing both to play in the cup when we are now short ourselves and sweating on the Ormerod availability 24hours before the game......We've gone from having arguably our best squad for years at the start of the season to this scenario...........hardly straightforward is it???

Please read what I actually wrote......

i dont really think it matters to be honest, if you are gonna go to the game i really dont think its gonna hinge on whether know or not, if OMerod is playing or one of the seven subs, if the clubpersonal know than thats all that matters for me andjust because its notbeen officially nnounced either way should not be scrutinised, as in all fairness do we really have a divine right to know at this stage

Edited by neiladamsheadband

Your saying it's arguably the best squad in years, yet not happy when some of the squad is not available for games. Sorry I'm confused the whole point of having a strong squad is what???

Surely this is the whole point of having a strong squad and frankly all your comments are doing is putting down two cracking young forwards in Lewis and Deano.

Least we forget Deano ran the line for most of the second half of the season.

Least we forget that the club as said another striker is on the way

Least we forget that we gone most of the season without Davies anyhow

Least we forget Hughes was going to get banned sooner than later ........ sure most realised it was going to be in the cup

It's Friday afternoon, we should all be looking forward to the weekend not reading another one of your rants. Wow, you didn't find out before the crew on the International space station ... lets be happy we have another option up front.

i dont really think it matters to be honest, if you are gonna go to the game i really dont think its gonna hinge on whether know or not, if OMerod is playing or one of the seven subs, if the clubpersonal know than thats all that matters for me andjust because its notbeen officially nnounced either way should not be scrutinised, as in all fairness do we really have a divine right to know at this stage

We must be improving though -

Last season we could only muster 4 subs for the bench,

this season we will be able to fill 7 places -

Round 3 here we come.

What oafc1955 is saying is true. We should not be in this situation, but I agree with the sentiment that it does not matter whether Ormerod plays or not. If he had bagged a few since arriving, well, yes.

He hasn't, so I can't see the harm in Lewi and Smalley up front. Who knows, he may even throw a wild card and put Allot up front!

You never know.... :wink:

Your saying it's arguably the best squad in years, yet not happy when some of the squad is not available for games. Sorry I'm confused the whole point of having a strong squad is what???

Surely this is the whole point of having a strong squad and frankly all your comments are doing is putting down two cracking young forwards in Lewis and Deano.

Least we forget Hughes was going to get banned sooner than later ........ sure most realised it was going to be in the cup

It's Friday afternoon, we should all be looking forward to the weekend not reading another one of your rants. Wow, you didn't find out before the crew on the International space station ... lets be happy we have another option up front.

why is he putting down two young forwards?

What you on about ...Another one of MY rants!!

It isn't a rant, I just think it's a valid point.

Simon Corney talked about preparation in HIS rant this week...It's hardly good preparation to have 3 strikers out for one reason or another and be sweating on the availability of a fourth when trying to prepare for a cup tie, the result of which is very important, financially, to our club.

I've never put down the younger players at our club and if it were up to me, Allesandra, Smalley and Lomax; would be playing a lot more football than they are at the moment!!!!