I wish we could do this

I don't know what the Glossop to B.P bus routes are like,But it's pretty easy to get to B.P by bus from the surrounding areas

It may be pretty easy from Middleton but its not so easy from Heywood and Bury, (have to change at either Rochdale, Middleton or Manchester) and that's just to get to Oldham (but I'd imagine you can get off quite close to BP). Quite a few Latics fans live in areas where changing buses is needed (or a willingness to walk a way) to get to BP.

It might work for Oldham fans but that's only from an environmental point of view not in terms of money spent for benefit, otherwise I'm sure we would be doing it as it has been mentioned before. But if you really want to care about the environment maybe you are looking at the wrong sort of people and those who live close enough should be encouraged to walk.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/News...1456624,00.html

it might be more encouraging for fans

Buses to all parts of Oldham used to drop supporters off at the ground and pick them up again after the match. That's when the buses were controlled by Oldham Council. The number of people using them would have more than paid for them. They wouldn't be assumed profitable by Firstbus, so I guess the club would have to pay these days. A couple of buses to the town centre should be profitable judging by the number of fans who get on the 409 after the match. But it depends how much a bus company wouild want to hire them.

I can sense a Diego story coming.

Cue the Hovis music................

Well, if you insist, just for the benefit of our newer members.

We lived in Stansfield Street, which runs from Rochdale Road to Featherstall Road, behind the Queens. For the big matches, buses used to park all down our street during the match, and when I was little I used to play on the buses, running up and down stairs and ringing the bell - we didn't have computer games then! I could tell from the roar of the crowd how many Latics had scored - I won't mention acoustics. :wink: After the match the buses queued down the street off Featherstall Road as the fans walked up between Westwood Park and the Hospital.

So the Park & Ride concept isn't a new thing, except that then it was Ride & Ride as not many fans had cars. Perhaps if football specials were laid on once again, stay-at-homes would put down the Sky remote control, prize themselves out of their armchairs and get down to BP. It could be part of the 'Transport Plan' for the redeveloped BP. :wink:

Well, if you insist, just for the benefit of our newer members.

Even better if you could have a bar on them...infact...the possibilities are endless! You could have a Latics "Hooters" bus :wink: You know I'll be reminding you all of this in a few months time when Corney puts it into action :tongue:

Even better if you could have a bar on them...infact...the possibilities are endless! You could have a Latics "Hooters" bus :wink: You know I'll be reminding you all of this in a few months time when Corney puts it into action :tongue:

If they do one from London it could be a mass market version of the limo that the OASIS lot were talking about laying on for me as a cheaper version of my last journey to Blackpool :wink: