Season over ?

Inept performance , what a change to about 6 weeks ago, badly missed a focal point up front but the Davies and Ogrady thing still baffles me , Ogrady hasnt done anything yet or Davies this year, and I don't know what has gone on with Davies but we have gone from top heavy and having options to throwing Wolfy back in !

Also I agree with the threads about Gregan in midfield what must Maher Lee and Stephens think or have to do........

Strange , predictable and bloody frustrating.

Have we been knocked out of the league now aswell? Balls to the cups, they're an undeeded distraction if we are pushing for promotion.

Tell that to the TTA'S !!! We have blown it bigtime tonight and god knows what Corney will think when he hears the attendence for tonights game. The loss of cup revenue can only increase the odds of Taylor departing during the season.

Tell that to the TTA'S !!! We have blown it bigtime tonight and god knows what Corney will think when he hears the attendence for tonights game. The loss of cup revenue can only increase the odds of Taylor departing during the season.

whilst it is very easy to say,dont care about the cups lets concentrate on the league...its also very dissapointing that we wont be able to generate significant cash from these cup runs....

whilst the attendance was also pretty low....even season ticket holders couldnt be bothered,that is a worry...

but there isnt any guarentee's we will get promoted is there....our season is now down to 1 aspect....getting up.where as before the season started we had 4 chances of achieving something....

the replay wasn't even happening at half time at Chelts, so last nights game was extra revenue.............not much but extra.

attendence = thats the cheltenhams chairman and tta fault for making it £20 no wonder no one went.... think the only decent thing out of the game was we lee came on at least hes back from injury now

It’ll be good to hear your opinions when we win the next five on the bounce.

I hope we do, but there is no getting away from the fact that that after rolling Morecambe over in the next round, we could have picked a big premiership club away in the third round which would have put us into profit for the season and would have helped our promotion push.

It is very short-sighted to think of the cup as a distraction

attendence = thats the cheltenhams chairman and tta fault for making it £20 no wonder no one went.... think the only decent thing out of the game was we lee came on at least hes back from injury now

Roughly 5000 people at both games x £20 = £100000

You would need 10000 people for both games at £10, to make it the same.....Ask yourself, would Ourselves and cheltenham have gained an extra 2500 people for each game at £10 entrance......i doubt it!!

I hope we do, but there is no getting away from the fact that that after rolling Morecambe over in the next round, we could have picked a big premiership club away in the third round which would have put us into profit for the season and would have helped our promotion push.

It was a tad tongue in cheek to be fair, as it gets said every year after we're knocked out of every cup. But there's certainly some truth in there aswell, needless injuries and suspensions can be picked up etc. Didn't Rueben Hazell pick up his 5th yellow card last night by the way?

Or we could have got a Brentford, Huddersfield, Doncaster or a Plymouth or Watford away.

No guarantees we would have got a big draw, the odds are actually stacked against that.

Or we could have got a Brentford, Huddersfield, Doncaster or a Plymouth or Watford away.

No guarantees we would have got a big draw, the odds are actually stacked against that.

Would have been nice to have the chance though!

Droylsden, Curzon and Rochdale through to 2nd round but no Latics. Hard to have much pride in NW now!!!

Btw special thanks to Lee Hughes for letting us all down. Hope we lose him Jan and not Taylor.

Give it a month and none of us will give 2 figs about the cup, TTA might but the rest of us will have something else to moan, cheer, feel indifferent about.

We get knocked out of the cup every year, we've never won any cups, most clubs haven't. Well done to Cheltenham for working out how to beat us once, they have played us 3 times this season and finally worked it out. Same as us with Donnie last year, they should by rights have won all five as they are the better team but they didn't.

Have we been knocked out of the league now aswell? Balls to the cups, they're an undeeded distraction if we are pushing for promotion.

As others have said, the money generated from a god cup run could make all the difference to whether we go up at all, and even, perhaps, affect our chances of surviving at the higher level.

Anyway, it's all a bit academic the way things are going. In any case, when you think of the strong side, high in confidence, that was hammered at Burnley a few months back, could we even think about putting last night's side, or the one that played Yeovil, against even average second-tier outfits?

Give it a month and none of us will give 2 figs about the cup, TTA might but the rest of us will have something else to moan, cheer, feel indifferent about.

We get knocked out of the cup every year, we've never won any cups, most clubs haven't. Well done to Cheltenham for working out how to beat us once, they have played us 3 times this season and finally worked it out. Same as us with Donnie last year, they should by rights have won all five as they are the better team but they didn't.

Let our club be an eternal non-event. That'll bring 'em flocking (ha!) down Sheepfoot Lane.

Let our club be an eternal non-event. That'll bring 'em flocking (ha!) down Sheepfoot Lane.

Lets face it, nothing will. You know it, I know it, TTA know it. £2 games didn't sell out, only thing they did was bankrupt Hillstones!

We had a free game and people whinge, we win 3 nil and people whinge, we lose a game against Huddersfield and people whinge that "typical latics, I'm not coming back there again in a hurry" then go back to the pub showing illegal premier league games on arab telly.

No one is more committed to bloody latics than I am, I love the club from the top of the crappy floodlights to the bottom of the crumbling concrete of the lookers but lets face it, apart from the merry band that turn out week in, week out not many others do.

Let our club be an eternal non-event.

Isn't that how most people in Oldham see it anyway?

That'll bring 'em flocking (ha!) down Sheepfoot Lane.

I'm wondering if anything (bar Premiership status) would ever get stayaways flocking down Sheepfoot Lane, tbh.

As far as last night's match is concerned, it's a disappointment, but on the other hand, we're avoiding a potentially morale-sapping banana skin at which we could have lost numerous key players through injury. While it's slightly clichéd to say the Cup's a distraction, we're certainly not going to have any issues with a clogged-up fixture list.

Isn't that how most people in Oldham see it anyway?

I'm wondering if anything (bar Premiership status) would ever get stayaways flocking down Sheepfoot Lane, tbh.

As far as last night's match is concerned, it's a disappointment, but on the other hand, we're avoiding a potentially morale-sapping banana skin at which we could have lost numerous key players through injury. While it's slightly clichéd to say the Cup's a distraction, we're certainly not going to have any issues with a clogged-up fixture list.

That's okay then.

For a second there, I thought you were quoting one of our more experienced players who has been there and done it!

So you want to lose the the player who, if your logic is to be followed, would , by his presence alone, have won us the match last night?

Exactly.

He's a very good footballer with seemingly very few brain cells. Would rather he was off the wage bill than raise our expectations then let us down as recently..

He owes us for his 2nd chance and he needs to be the best behaved player in this league.

He has also undermined Sheridan with his behaviour and mebbe shown Sheridan to be a weak manager. The whole Hardy and Corney discussion should have been between them and Sheridan to see if he (Shez) could take necessary steps. He hasn't.

Hope Hughes proves me wrong and scores lots more, carries on with great assists, behaves and stays......................................

Second thoughts I'd rather keep the player who loves Oldham, and Eardley