May i apologise

I feel the need to apologise for the piss poor attempt of a mascot last night.

I have been having bad pains in my hamstrings and i said i was going to miss the game last night. I was told that it was ok as there was someone else who could do it. To say i was dissapointed is an understatment, i came into the ground to be met my an anorexic Chaddy who was wearing no socks, a pair of trainers, the wrong gloves, his flap untucked at the back, and worse of all........Talking to kids. What the fook is all that about.

I have had some help of the club physio and my legs will be back to normal for Tuesday, and i guarentee that the Chaddy from last night will never see the light of day again.

I was cringing when the lads say behind me were taking the piss out of him.

:angry::angry::angry:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh? WTF???

Help him in what way? Has he never seen the owl? Im sorry but ive not built up a persona over 4 years of NEVER speaking infront of kids for someone to ruin it within 1 hour. And if that sounds conceited then fair enough, but the last thing im being is big headed, im just saying that there has been a stand in a couple of times and to prove my point none of you noticed the difference when its happened (apart from when Beardy has done it).

Eh? WTF???

Help him in what way? Has he never seen the owl? Im sorry but ive not built up a persona over 4 years of NEVER speaking infront of kids for someone to ruin it within 1 hour. And if that sounds conceited then fair enough, but the last thing im being is big headed, im just saying that there has been a stand in a couple of times and to prove my point none of you noticed the difference when its happened (apart from when Beardy has done it).

Have to agree with Chaddy - the persona and the image is vital - rather not have a stand in if he or she ain't up to it.

Right - that's that over with - let's get back to the main issues... :grin:

Eh? WTF???

I'd always being willing to help out in future if you're ever struggling. I wouldn't make the same pathetic mistakes either.....

Guest oa_exile

Agree Wayne !

Must admit though that this made me laugh :grin:

im being is big headed

Not you personally BUT........

......as the Owl does have a big head :lol:

The lad did it...credit where it's due. Conceited sorry

Hang on Lags, if the following is true.....

i came into the ground to be met my an anorexic Chaddy who was wearing no socks, a pair of trainers, the wrong gloves, his flap untucked at the back, and worse of all........Talking to kids.

......then criticism where it's due also!

Would you give credit to somebody being a santa without a hat or beard?

The lad did it...credit where it's due. Conceited sorry

Sorry Lags, don't agree with you at all. The Chaddy character has been built up over the years and has his own quirks and traits, this image is important for entertainment and shop sales too. My lad would not buy any Chaddy merchandise if the actual mascot was a scraggy-ass nobody with an empty character.

However, I have to agree with oa_exile and suggest that the stand-in selection is looked at? Maybe all is needed is a quick briefing by yourself Chaddy? Might sound a bit of an overkill, but you are clearly upset by the whole fiasco.

Be thankful you didnt have to sit next to Wayne with him watching the mascot like a hawk!!!

After doing it myself i know how particular Wayne is, but then again it means he gets to choose who does it and who he trusts.

I have nicknamed the new Chaddy guy though... Chad of the dump!

Be thankful you didnt have to sit next to Wayne with him watching the mascot like a hawk!!!

After doing it myself i know how particular Wayne is, but then again it means he gets to choose who does it and who he trusts.

I have nicknamed the new Chaddy guy though... Chad of the dump!

When I first saw ladt night's substitute Chaddy, I thought you had had a dramtic weight loss and were wearing platform shoes, Beardy.

When Wayne appeared at the front of the RRE watching his replacemnt, his face was like thunder! It set the tone for the evening as all our faces were like that by the end of the game.

Colin from football in the community makes the decision. My point was that he has had others stand in before and they have been brilliant. Last night wasnt. Dont get me wrong, he did do some good stuff last night, i would have just preferred to have the usual lad do it.

Was he told not to speak?

The people who actually give a toss about 'Chaddy' are young enough to believe a 6ft owl is real so I doubt talking spoilt anything.

The people who actually give a toss about 'Chaddy' are young enough to believe a 6ft owl is real so I doubt talking spoilt anything.

So they know that an owl does not speak! They must have all their illusions shattered! :disappointed:

I'm driving 150 miles round trip to let my Grandson see Chaddy at the Gang's Christmas Party, but he won't expect Chaddy to speak - that's what Father Christmas does.

Didn't spoil anything - how very dare you? :angry:

an anorexic Chaddy who was wearing no socks, a pair of trainers, the wrong gloves, his flap untucked at the back, and worse of all........Talking to kids. What the fook is all that about.

:angry::angry::angry:

Aw come on Wayne!

At least he can strike a good seven iron though! :peepwall::wink:

Seriously, the mannerisms and antics of our feathered one need to be consistent. The kids love Chaddy and would certainly notice if he was performing differently. Time for a recognised stand-in perhaps? - one that understands the brief and Wayne is happy with, not just any geezer who likes to dress up.

Aw come on Wayne!

At least he can strike a good seven iron though! :peepwall::wink:

Seriously, the mannerisms and antics of our feathered one need to be consistent. The kids love Chaddy and would certainly notice if he was performing differently. Time for a recognised stand-in perhaps? - one that understands the brief and Wayne is happy with, not just any geezer who likes to dress up.

Your right mate........I cant hit a seven iron :disappointed: I have another 12 clubs though ^_^