NHL

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Scribble Board in the Ducks dressing room at thier final traing session, before we battered the best team in the league... :wink:

DSC00037a.jpg

:who:

... I love the way the ducks coaching team felt the need to explain who picasso was! :lol:

:lol:

That's playoff hockey! GET IN!

Wow. Billy Guerin you beauty.

Same old Philly, no discipline at all. Who gives away a 5 on 3 in OT?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knuble and Giroux's reactions when the puck winner went in were brilliant. Yes boys, you ballsed it up.

LET'S GO PENS!

I like how you think winning one game is your championship nailed on :wink:

:lol:

Shaaadaaaaap!

Just enjoying the moment, and the second game will be crucial...

But i'm sure you will tell me, even the best can lose the second game in the series... right? :wink:

That's playoff hockey! GET IN!

Wow. Billy Guerin you beauty.

Same old Philly, no discipline at all. Who gives away a 5 on 3 in OT?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knuble and Giroux's reactions when the puck winner went in were brilliant. Yes boys, you ballsed it up.

LET'S GO PENS!

Just seen that save from Fleury half way through the third... :shock: Wow.

That won the game for you... awesome.

FAIL

God damn we like making it hard for ourselves...

From the highlights it looks like they played a lot better than on Wednesday. Fingers crossed for you in Carolina, it's going to be tough!

BigFin - yes, great save, but deary me...what an awful, awful miss...:lol:

Yeh, reading the reports online it says they were a different team (and one I feared going in don't forget). It's going to be real tough, and realistically if we can come out of their place with it at 2-2 then we have a chance, but I fear we'll come home 3-1 down and that could be us done for. Then I'd have to back the Rangers, which I don't want to do really... people hate you for it :lol:

Yeh, reading the reports online it says they were a different team (and one I feared going in don't forget). It's going to be real tough, and realistically if we can come out of their place with it at 2-2 then we have a chance, but I fear we'll come home 3-1 down and that could be us done for. Then I'd have to back the Rangers, which I don't want to do really... people hate you for it :lol:

Its all gravy anyway mate... the East are just playing for a runners up spot :wink:

BigFin - yes, great save, but deary me...what an awful, awful miss...

Defo, but if a keeper is good enough to get to that its classed as a save, yeah he should have scored it, but he still had no right to save it... the crowd reaction after that was fantastic, from the limited highlights it looked as if it changed the game for you...

Its all gravy anyway mate... the East are just playing for a runners up spot :wink:

Not in the way you think though.

Detriot (spit) are looking good to me now I've lost my Devs glasses. Chicargo maybe, but they like to balls it up. Boston have grit but not what I think is needed. Shocking as it is, the Canucks look decent this year. They've not got enough to get past the better teams in the West, but you never know.

Not in the way you think though.

Detriot (spit) are looking good to me now I've lost my Devs glasses. Chicargo maybe, but they like to balls it up. Boston have grit but not what I think is needed. Shocking as it is, the Canucks look decent this year. They've not got enough to get past the better teams in the West, but you never know.

Mate, that is exactly the way I was thinking. I said a long time ago i cant see past the wings. I have seen nothing to change my mind. SJ will bottle it sooner or later and I've never rated the bruins. The rest are all in the mix... but the wings are too good in PO hockey...

Just seen that save from Fleury half way through the third... :shock: Wow.

That won the game for you... awesome.

That was an amazing save.

I tried to stay up to watch the Devils last night, but I was drunk and fell asleep midway through the first. I woke up this morning and the stream was still running on my PC saying "This game has now ended"....No sh*t sherlock! Its gonna be really tough now, but like Ack said, if we can get back home at 2-2 then we have a good shot.

I forgot... who's growing a playoff beard? :disguise:

I'm bloody Scandanavian. Even if the Ducks went all the way to a 7th game in the stanley cup final I would still have less facial hair than a 5-year old girl.

Unlike some... :wink:

... oh, and I dont really mind the wings, I like the way they play hockey, and the used to be pretty much my favourite side when Federov played for them... however they have far too many Swedes in thier side for my liking now...

Speaking of Swedes... have you seen the rankings for the european draft picks? Bloody hell, all the top 10 are Swedish.... not looking good for us Finns for the future of the big derby matches....

I forgot... who's growing a playoff beard? :disguise:

Not on purpose, though I am currently sporting my customary 'deadline beard', when I don't shave in the run up to a major hand-in on the basis that 'I don't have time'. Though of course I do have time to write this, so there's some sort of flaw in there somewhere...

I hope Sid tries to grow his again this year, last year's 'effort' was rather entertaining, though perhaps a tad embarrassing.

Two months growth there...

capt1c541e7e458e40fdbd48d27d5ee882fastanley_cup_penguins_hockey_fng1032.jpg

Edited by jsslatic

Brian Rolston stepped UP! Big BIG performance from him.

Bri Bri scores a stunner in the second for those who can be arsed watching. Real classy goal.

Marty was just magic - three times he shuts down Staal in the third with the game at 2-2.

Parise turns the Canes inside out in OT to set up the goal, another sweet play.

Overall, we had to come out of the RBC with at least one win and we're doing that now. We also broke a 0-5 in OT against the canes which will be a big boost to our confidence if we have to go there again.

Elsewhere. Good win for the Ducks, and a strange one for the Pens? What happened there? If you'd have told me that Vancouver would have a 3-0 lead I'd have laughed at you, impressive.

:banana3:

And that, is quite simply all I have to say.

Brilliant Ducks - the defence and Hiller were awesome once more... couple of lucky breaks, and you can shove your season record and home advantage up your backsides Sharks...

Now only if we could win on home ice.... we are 10-0-2 away from the pond in the last 12... that Sir, is championship form :)

:banana3:

And that, is quite simply all I have to say.

Brilliant Ducks - the defence and Hiller were awesome once more... couple of lucky breaks, and you can shove your season record and home advantage up your backsides Sharks...

Now only if we could win on home ice.... we are 10-0-2 away from the pond in the last 12... that Sir, is championship form :)

It's a great result - I'll grant you that. But I don't see you coming out of the West with the teams around you mate. Sorry.

Bri Bri scores a stunner in the second for those who can be arsed watching. Real classy goal.

Elsewhere. Good win for the Ducks, and a strange one for the Pens? What happened there? If you'd have told me that Vancouver would have a 3-0 lead I'd have laughed at you, impressive.

The Gionta goal was awesome. Saw it this morning and had to watch it about 3 or 4 times to work out if I was seeing things. So good.

What happened to the Pens? The first ten minutes. We outshot them 10-2 I think and were 2-0 down at the end of it. We were chasing from then on...got it back to 2-2 but then concede again and then the Flyers grabbed ANOTHER shorthanded. They must be the league leaders on SHG.

Fleury had a poor game...the problem with MAF is that when he's good he's brilliant...but when he's bad, oh dear..

The Gionta goal was awesome. Saw it this morning and had to watch it about 3 or 4 times to work out if I was seeing things. So good.

It was wasn't it. Devs never get credited with things like that either, because of our style of play. If that'd been a "name" player then it'd been splashed all over the place this morning.

I think you've shown where your weakness is, as you say, that if you have a bad night you can take a beating and that's a risky game to play. Still think you should come through the series though.

It's a great result - I'll grant you that. But I don't see you coming out of the West with the teams around you mate. Sorry.

Yeah, but no-one saw us winning two games at the supposed best team in the league's arena... :wink:

I've said it before, I agree with you, I'm enjoying this, but I can just as easily see the sharks winning both games at the Honda. Theres no way this will be 4-0, but I can see the next two games being a split, and then back to the Shark Tank for the biggest pressure game the Sharks have had for a long time...

Will be interesting... but as I've said all along. The Wings will win the Stanley cup again this year.... but i'll put a sneaky bet on getting to the conference final...

Will be interesting... but as I've said all along. The Wings will win the Stanley cup again this year.... but i'll put a sneaky bet on getting to the conference final...

If the Ducks and Wings both get through the opening round then they play eachother in the next, unless I'm mistaken.