NHL

I think I need to go again this season, the Mrs has been moaning that she didn't come with us and she really wants to go for some reason.

The kid in the under 10's game was ace. I felt tight laughing so much, but he couldnt skate, and apparently skating is a big part of the game...

If you two are going to be bringing Mrs's then I need BF of JSS to stop me being the 5th wheel! Either that or you have to call up that blonde lass that was sat in front of us.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'kin hell! TBL 8-6 Cal???

Did they forget their goalies?!

...did Giguere and Hiller play for the respective sides as a one off? :lol:

Looking over those Phoenix fixtures.... dont seem to be at home on any saturday that latics are, which is a shame... I assume the season goes straight into the playoff weekender and there arent any rounds which may give another opportunity?

... Might pop over to Cardiff to watch them Vs the Devils though... feel lkike watching some live hockey... its been a bloody long time!

...did Giguere and Hiller play for the respective sides as a one off? :lol:

Looking over those Phoenix fixtures.... dont seem to be at home on any saturday that latics are, which is a shame... I assume the season goes straight into the playoff weekender and there arent any rounds which may give another opportunity?

... Might pop over to Cardiff to watch them Vs the Devils though... feel lkike watching some live hockey... its been a bloody long time!

There's one knockout round before the playoffs... 8 teams go into the playoffs and 4 make Nott's for the finals weekend... so we might hit lucky there...

Devils have signed Niclas Havelid from the Thrashers. Notice he used to play for the Ducks. BF, what you reckon?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=411852

With Havelid being unrestricted at the end of the year he's clearly just a stop gap until we can adjust the cap to accomodate something more long term.

Maybe the Big N is coming back after all. That'd be strange, having him not on the ice with Lord Stevens of Jersey.

All Hail King Kunitz!

Sidney who...? :wink:

:lol:

That was our biggest win of the season!! We've had Marty back and had an easy ride of it really. But that's the first one we've had to grind out. Yeah we destroyed them on shots but they kept it close and we had to keep on pushing.

I'm feeling optimistic now!

Signed Bill Guerin today. Bit of an odd signing for me, but pretty chuffed...can only help the team as we've been having to blood a few youngsters in from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of late.

9 mins til the deadline!

Any new Finn on the Books is a good trade for me! :)

The Flames look like they have done some good business... Jokinen will improve thier side, as will leopold - looks like they are positioning themselves for shot at the cup.... Just read Jokinen has never played in the post-season in his entire NHL career... good luck to him... Think if the Ducks dont make it I'm becoming a flame for the playoffs now!

Devils have signed Niclas Havelid from the Thrashers. Notice he used to play for the Ducks. BF, what you reckon?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=411852

Seem to remember he played for the Ducks at the same time that Selanne went on his little sabatical to the Sharks and the Av's, therefore I paid very little attention to the ducks, even when they had some good years in '03ish... The fact they dared to trade Teemu meant I was highly unimpressed with them....

I know Havelid mainly from International Hockey... and the many battles between Finland and Sweden, always looked a very good player, solid, moves the puck well and gets a good number of assists... can do a job on a top line still...

Just read that Guerin's signature has meant Satan has been moved to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. I can't understand that...feel sorry for Miro, he's been stuck on a line with WBS players for most of the season and hasn't put in a bad return.

Edited by jsslatic

Any new Finn on the Books is a good trade for me! :)

The Flames look like they have done some good business... Jokinen will improve thier side, as will leopold - looks like they are positioning themselves for shot at the cup.... Just read Jokinen has never played in the post-season in his entire NHL career... good luck to him... Think if the Ducks dont make it I'm becoming a flame for the playoffs now!

Has just bagged a brace in his first period as a Flame.

'We're getting absolutely battered...BY THE ISLANDERS!'

:wink:

Me and Dave watch the first two periods at his place on the Internet via ESPN and it was woeful.

We gave up and played NHL 09 on the Xbox instead!

'We're getting absolutely battered...BY THE ISLANDERS!'

:wink:

The Islanders arent a bad side really.....they are coming good....lots of good young talent....they are in a false position... (if anyone else can think some excuses up for me I will gladly use them!).

To be fair, they did play well, they absolutely mullered us. Considering they have had our number for the last two games so I am glad we dont have to play them again this season.

The Islanders arent a bad side really.....they are coming good....lots of good young talent....they are in a false position... (if anyone else can think some excuses up for me I will gladly use them!).

To be fair, they did play well, they absolutely mullered us. Considering they have had our number for the last two games so I am glad we dont have to play them again this season.

You are quite right dave... all the best teams in the league lose to the islanders... its a mark of quality and respect. Dont listen to JSS, suddenly the Pens win a couple of games and he gets all cocky :wink:

Said to Dave... if we have to get battered by someone, and in hockey it's something that will happen 2-3 times a season, then I'd that it be against the Islanders than Phili or The Caps or whoever who are up there with us.

Said to Dave... if we have to get battered by someone, and in hockey it's something that will happen 2-3 times a season, then I'd that it be against the Islanders than Phili or The Caps or whoever who are up there with us.

I agree with you...but its still bloody embarrassing!