NHL

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full Time at the Dome and Phoenix have a 4-3 first leg lead in the Challenge Cup Final.

On paper an excellent result against a strong Belfast team who have significantly better funding. However they held a 4-0 lead at one point and entered the 3rd at 4-1 - so will be disapointed to have not closed it out with a healthy lead.

The second leg is obviously to come, but it's in their hands now.

You are quite right dave... all the best teams in the league lose to the islanders... its a mark of quality and respect. Dont listen to JSS, suddenly the Pens win a couple of games and he gets all cocky :wink:

Five in a row and 3-1 up in Washington with 20 to play :lol:

The Islanders arent a bad side really.....they are coming good....lots of good young talent....they are in a false position... (if anyone else can think some excuses up for me I will gladly use them!).

To be fair, they did play well, they absolutely mullered us. Considering they have had our number for the last two games so I am glad we dont have to play them again this season.

I was just shocked with a 10 goal game the way both goalies have been playing. The Islanders are on a good run of form, with a high draft pick they won't finish so low next season.

got out of jail!!

Tell me about it. Couldn't have picked a better way to win it though than for Sid to score his and that cocky Russian barsteward to miss.

And I'm not talking about Malkin! :grin:

Edited by jsslatic

• 10 W from 13 games
  • 4 W from 5 with Marty back
  • 8 W from 8 at home to tie the franchise record
  • Marty can now tie Roy's record in Montreal if we win the next two games. That's his home town, where he grew up watching Roy play... if he pulls that off I wouldn't bet against a film being made... you know what the Yanks are like.

I'm scared we might make a run at this now!...

The last 2 periods last night we were bloody good. The 1st was tough, and Calgary are a good team...we just couldnt get going. Then, after the first break we just came out and dominated them. Was pretty damn good. Parise now has 39 for the season (scrappy scrappy goal last night!). He is going for 50, fingers crossed he will get it. The Devils record is 48 in a season, by Brian Gionta.

Screw that! We suck against the Panthers!! :lol:

We dont actually, they are shocking against us usually. We beat them 7-2 at the end of feb, and during that game the comm said that the record against them since 2000 was something like (cant remember it exactly) played 35, won 28.

:lol:

Not often you see a good ol' stick measure!

Bloody hell... I cant believe that is still enforced, never mind called.... loved the quick dash to the bench to switch his stick when he realised it was coming! :lol:

Remember Shawn Byram being called for that against the storm once, always a desperation call, cant remember who it was against... but it was called when we were already down to 4 and that was enforced...

Such a bloody cheap penalty... perhaps the more interestiong penalty would be to see if any of the players actually had a legal stick!

Bloody hell... I cant believe that is still enforced, never mind called.... loved the quick dash to the bench to switch his stick when he realised it was coming! :lol:

Remember Shawn Byram being called for that against the storm once, always a desperation call, cant remember who it was against... but it was called when we were already down to 4 and that was enforced...

Such a bloody cheap penalty... perhaps the more interestiong penalty would be to see if any of the players actually had a legal stick!

If the stick is legal then the team calling for it is given a two min. delay of game call.

Interestingly (for me at least) the rule states that a player can not have their stick measured if it's on the bench. So strictly speaking his stick should not have been measured, instead for 'running away' he should have been given a two min. misconduct instead.

It's one of those stupid rules that just has to be there or else there'd be players with crazy sticks (Jago anyone!?)

All good things come to an end... :( Unbelievable 3rd period performance from the Pens last night though, outshot them 19-4 IIRC...it was like the alamo, Columbus just couldn't get the puck out...3 down with 11 and a half to play and with 8 to play we were all square again. Mason though just look unbeatable in the shootout, the guy's freaking massive.

Elsewhere, 550 wins for Marty. Was speaking to a good friend of mine last night who lives over in Philly and is a massive Flyer...he said the only side that frightens him in the East is New Jersey. They're still my tip for the Cup.

WTF is going on over at the Islanders though? You guys should be tanking to get a first draft pick! The good thing for them is that Atlanta are on an equally impressive run of form...but the way they're going they'll finish above the Lightning...

All good things come to an end... :( Unbelievable 3rd period performance from the Pens last night though, outshot them 19-4 IIRC...it was like the alamo, Columbus just couldn't get the puck out...3 down with 11 and a half to play and with 8 to play we were all square again. Mason though just look unbeatable in the shootout, the guy's freaking massive.

Elsewhere, 550 wins for Marty. Was speaking to a good friend of mine last night who lives over in Philly and is a massive Flyer...he said the only side that frightens him in the East is New Jersey. They're still my tip for the Cup.

WTF is going on over at the Islanders though? You guys should be tanking to get a first draft pick! The good thing for them is that Atlanta are on an equally impressive run of form...but the way they're going they'll finish above the Lightning...

Marty is your God. Bow to him. The save last night where the shot deflected off Havlid - no other goalie in the league makes that save. They say it on the commentray and it's true. All other goalies there are set in position, Marty just plays the puck. Nothing is formulaic it's all based on whats happening in front of him.

Anyone who spouts BS about him not deserving this record should be shot and I hope so much he can equal it in Montreal - it'd mean the world to him.

As for the Islanders... I have no idea what they're doing... worst thing about hockey is the race for last at this time of year... I can only assume that they've changed the structure and you now get a significant financial incentive to not finish last?

Dave - you fancy watching the Montreal game at yours?

Marty is your God. Bow to him. The save last night where the shot deflected off Havlid - no other goalie in the league makes that save. They say it on the commentray and it's true. All other goalies there are set in position, Marty just plays the puck. Nothing is formulaic it's all based on whats happening in front of him.

Anyone who spouts BS about him not deserving this record should be shot and I hope so much he can equal it in Montreal - it'd mean the world to him.

As for the Islanders... I have no idea what they're doing... worst thing about hockey is the race for last at this time of year... I can only assume that they've changed the structure and you now get a significant financial incentive to not finish last?

Dave - you fancy watching the Montreal game at yours?

Think I might be out tomorrow night...if not then yes. I'll let you know!

Thanks for hosting the evening Dave. Amazing to watch Marty put up Roy's record. To see his dad crying in the crowd sent a shiver down my spine. I feel honoured to have watched the greatest goalie who ever lived make such a significant milestone.

You can sing and dance all you want about Howe and Gretzky (who I adore) but Marty Brodeur for me is the greatest player to ever grace the ice. Thank you Marty.