NHL

You know what I love about Marty? That when they asked him about his record he repeatedly talked about his team. He's so grounded. So fantastic. Damn I'm so happy today. Roy was class between the sticks but a giant ass off the ice and so it's nice to know the record is now with a real nice guy. Someone who really appreciates where they come from and what they have.

Marty. Is. Your. God.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I love about Marty? That when they asked him about his record he repeatedly talked about his team. He's so grounded. So fantastic. Damn I'm so happy today. Roy was class between the sticks but a giant ass off the ice and so it's nice to know the record is now with a real nice guy. Someone who really appreciates where they come from and what they have.

Marty. Is. Your. God.

It got a bit nervy toward the end, when they scored to make it 3-2. The arena just erupted when Marty made the save with about 3 seconds to go to seal it. You could see how much it meant to him....and how he hadnt thought it through about cutting that net off, they should have given him better scissors!

Legend.

It got a bit nervy toward the end, when they scored to make it 3-2. The arena just erupted when Marty made the save with about 3 seconds to go to seal it. You could see how much it meant to him....and how he hadnt thought it through about cutting that net off, they should have given him better scissors!

Legend.

:lol:

He needed garden-sheers and had nail-scissors!

MARTY! MARTY! MARTY!

How bloody good are the Devils? I mean I know we'll :censored: it up because that's life but my God we're hot. Parise and Elias are rocking at the moment.

"This one is so hard -- you go out, and it could have hit a skate today and there would have been a goal," Brodeur said. "It's all about winning. The more you win, the more you have a chance to have a shutout. That's the bottom line. … It's just going to happen, one day we'll tie him and one day we'll beat him."

That's exactly what I said last night Dave! Me and Marty - we're like (crosses fingers) that! :wink:

How bloody good are the Devils? I mean I know we'll :censored: it up because that's life but my God we're hot. Parise and Elias are rocking at the moment.

"This one is so hard -- you go out, and it could have hit a skate today and there would have been a goal," Brodeur said. "It's all about winning. The more you win, the more you have a chance to have a shutout. That's the bottom line. … It's just going to happen, one day we'll tie him and one day we'll beat him."

That's exactly what I said last night Dave! Me and Marty - we're like (crosses fingers) that! :wink:

The Devils are shiieeetteee , then again my team ( The Leafs) arent much better but at least we get first choice of all the rookies..................

The Devils are shiieeetteee , then again my team ( The Leafs) arent much better but at least we get first choice of all the rookies..................

Yeah, franchise record 11 game win streak at home. Parise is the only player on the top five for points and goals. 8-2-0 home and away. Easyily the form team. Chance of clinching the East. Only second to Boston in the +/- ! I wish Latics were this shiieeetteee!!! :lol:

Yeah, franchise record 11 game win streak at home. Parise is the only player on the top five for points and goals. 8-2-0 home and away. Easyily the form team. Chance of clinching the East. Only second to Boston in the +/- ! I wish Latics were this shiieeetteee!!! :lol:

You forgot to add that we have made the playoffs in 18 of the last 20 seasons, and something ridiculous like 15 years in a row....well shiieeetteee!

Eagerly awaited Don Cherry on Ovechkin's 50th goal celebrations: Hockey Night in Canada

I agree. It's odd coming from football fans, but I don't like it in hockey. Now I'm the first guy to admit, I don't like Ovechkin. The guy's got talent, but I hate the way he conducts himself. I was glad when Cherry called him out a couple of weeks ago for his celebrations (if you haven't seen his rant, well worth a look on YouTube)...and then he does this. The guy's got too much class to be behaving like an idiot, and Ryan Malone was right in what he said after the game...someone's going to get him bad if he carries on like this.

Best goalscorer (not player) in the NHL, shame he feels the need to act like a first class :censored: half the time!

Edited by jsslatic

I don't think a Toronto fan has any leverage to be mocking anyone at the moment :wink:

Was it you Lukers who said Matt Stajan was a Latics fan? If so, how do you know this/him?

Caps lost last night, so we now stay second and have three games on them. We have one on Boston and they're 3pts in front and we play them today. If we get anything from that game then we can somehow top the conference... something that 40 games ago, as we lost Marty, you could have got very very very long odds on.

Ovechkins celebration was :censored: - I wouldn't mind him getting in trouble for something good but it was just crap!

Well... biggest game of the season tonight for the playoff race in the west.

Ducks V Preds... 9th Vs 8th ... same games played, 1pt between them....

3 game streak for the Ducks, 2 games losing streak for the preds.... what this time of the season is all about....

Come on you Ducks - actually potentially hitting some form heading into the stretch.... also with Mikko Koivu potentially ruled out for the season the Wild will be hit hard... Ducks favourites for 8th spot? we will see later...

1-1 Ducks/Preds going into the last 10. I think the Wings will be rooting for the Ducks to take 8th place after the hiding they got in Nashville a few weeks ago...

Nice article on Geno - TSN

If he doesn't get MVP it's a disgrace. Failing that, give it to Parise. Anyone but Ovechkin.

1-1 Ducks/Preds going into the last 10. I think the Wings will be rooting for the Ducks to take 8th place after the hiding they got in Nashville a few weeks ago...

Nice article on Geno - TSN

If he doesn't get MVP it's a disgrace. Failing that, give it to Parise. Anyone but Ovechkin.

:)

We will take that... SO or not...

4 in a row... Ducks on form.. err yes please!

I'm sure it'll be on the NHL highlights package or YouTube in the morning...it's worth checking out the end of our game tonight. Matt Cooke, 0 in 9, misses TWO empty net sitters after the Flames pulled their goalie for the last 90 secs. Sid was fuming that he'd laid the puck off to him on both occasions!

Dave and Ackey would have loved the TSN commentators...their objective view on whether the Pens could make the Stanley Cup finals this year was effectively no...no-one in the East is going to beat NJ...

Edited by jsslatic

I'm sure it'll be on the NHL highlights package or YouTube in the morning...it's worth checking out the end of our game tonight. Matt Cooke, 0 in 9, misses TWO empty net sitters after the Flames pulled their goalie for the last 90 secs. Sid was fuming that he'd laid the puck off to him on both occasions!

Dave and Ackey would have loved the TSN commentators...their objective view on whether the Pens could make the Stanley Cup finals this year was effectively no...no-one in the East is going to beat NJ...

They have a good few minutes of highlights on NHL.com - and it is well worth watching... dont know what it was like in full but some of the hockey on display was simply fantastic... two teams in form going right at each other, some of the attcking play was stunning.... and cant belive you didnt mention that save by Fleury from Glencross, or that move by Malkin... just amazing hockey....

... its also worth watching the Duck V av's highlights... for the exact opposite... you can see some of the Ducks players laughing at some of the goals... the first one is from a loft down the ice to give time for a line change! Truly one of the worst pieces of netminding I have seen... it then doesnt get much better...

but... just wanted to say...

THE DUCKS ARE ON FIRE!

Edited by BigfinLatic

They have a good few minutes of highlights on NHL.com - and it is well worth watching... dont know what it was like in full but some of the hockey on display was simply fantastic... two teams in form going right at each other, some of the attcking play was stunning.... and cant belive you didnt mention that save by Fleury from Glencross, or that move by Malkin... just amazing hockey....

... its also worth watching the Duck V av's highlights... for the exact opposite... you can see some of the Ducks players laughing at some of the goals... the first one is from a loft down the ice to give time for a line change! Truly one of the worst pieces of netminding I have seen... it then doesnt get much better...

but... just wanted to say...

THE DUCKS ARE ON FIRE!

The Ducks do seem to be peaking at the right time.

The daft thing about the Malkin move when he skated from one goal to the other was that his clever little 'puck through the legs and stick over his shoulder' routine only managed to get himself a double minor penalty for high-sticking. The PK unit was superb overall...much better than the Avs' anyway...

It was a great game, real high intensity stuff. Can't wait for the playoffs now...we're almost there...

Edited by jsslatic

I hope they are correct! If we can go into the playoffs hot there no reason why we cannot win it. As it stands we would have the Rangers, which would be a great chance to get revenge over last years playoff defeat!