NHL

1. Martin Brodeur

2. Patrick Roy

3. Mike Torchia

Hahaha!

Torchy!!

Marty for me, but there's a bias there no doubt. I think statistically he is untouchable. His win % is beyond words outstanding.

I loved watching Dom. but then I didn't care when he got it wrong. Which he was prone to doing. Roy I never really watched, but he had undoubted class.

I think amongst active goalies Marty has no peers, you can name people but for me realistically they're not in the same class.

As I'm on my phone (wifi's buggered on my tappylop) that's all I can be added tapping out.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see that Ryan Whitney's come in and tightened up the defence straight away BigFin :wink:

Chuffed with the trade...Whitney's been half the player he was last season and I fully expect Kunitz to come in and fire the goals in to take us into those playoff spots.

Well done of course to Marty on his shutout...and Zach Perise's goal is well worth checking out, quality stuff...

Edited by jsslatic

Good to see that Ryan Whitney's come in and tightened up the defence straight away BigFin :wink:

Chuffed with the trade...Whitney's been half the player he was last season and I fully expect Kunitz to come in and fire the goals in to take us into those playoff spots.

Well done of course to Marty on his shutout...and Zach Perise's goal is well worth checking out, quality stuff...

<_<

I did raise my eyebrows slightly when I saw that trade... however the Ducks secondary forwards have been as inneffective as the Pens' recently, so perhaps it might be good for both sides and give Kunitz a new lease of life. I can only think Whitney means that one of pronger or Niedermeyer is defo going - probably in exchange for a forward or 6. Time for a gamble.

It is however all slightly pointless until the Goaltending situation gets sorted out. Either by getting Hiller and Giguere to stop throwing the puck in the net, or even consider bringing someone else in. If anyone needed a change of scenery for many reasons - its Giguere.

Is Brodeur available? :wink:

<_<

I did raise my eyebrows slightly when I saw that trade... however the Ducks secondary forwards have been as inneffective as the Pens' recently, so perhaps it might be good for both sides and give Kunitz a new lease of life. I can only think Whitney means that one of pronger or Niedermeyer is defo going - probably in exchange for a forward or 6. Time for a gamble.

It is however all slightly pointless until the Goaltending situation gets sorted out. Either by getting Hiller and Giguere to stop throwing the puck in the net, or even consider bringing someone else in. If anyone needed a change of scenery for many reasons - its Giguere.

Is Brodeur available? :wink:

First: WOOOO!!! He's back baby!

Second: No, you can't have Marty - but a cheeky offer for Clemmensen (Who's back in the AHL for Cap reasons) might get you a goalie who looks dreadful but makes it work.

Third: Mwahahahhhahhhh! This could be the second wind we lacked last year!

I did raise my eyebrows slightly when I saw that trade... however the Ducks secondary forwards have been as inneffective as the Pens' recently, so perhaps it might be good for both sides and give Kunitz a new lease of life.

Superb debut.

Current Bet365 Stanley Cup odds:

San Jose - 3/1

Detroit - 3/1

Boston - 13/2

New Jersey - 7/1

Washington - 17/2

Calgary - 12/1

Chicago - 16/1

Montreal - 16/1

Philly - 16/1

Pittsburgh - 18/1

Vancouver - 18/1

Rangers - 33/1

Anaheim - 40/1

Columbus - 40/1

Tempting price on New Jersey...

Superb debut.

... and it seems the Ducks seem to have figured out how to win a tight game again, right noises coming out of the team again.. actuully signs of confidence... Giguere had his first good game for months, which is always a good sign.... perhaps pulling him after 25 minutes the other night has made him buck his ideas...

I have to say i can see Niedermeyer being traded in the next couple of days, free agent in the summer and strong rumours linking him to the devils - perhaps there was some substance to your clem statement Ack...? However, i'd be suprised if he didnt go for a power forward or two... have any going spare??

San Jose - 3/1

Detroit - 3/1

Boston - 13/2

New Jersey - 7/1

Washington - 17/2

Calgary - 12/1

Chicago - 16/1

Montreal - 16/1

Philly - 16/1

Pittsburgh - 18/1

Vancouver - 18/1

Rangers - 33/1

Anaheim - 40/1

Columbus - 40/1

I think they missed a "0" off those odds for the Pens! :wink:

My money's on Detroit - as per last year. I always love the way they play playoff hockey. Tough, grinding, and pretty much unbeatable. And (in my humble opinion) the west is far stronger than the east, who over comes out on top between Detroit, San Jose and Calgary will win the Stanley cup.

I have to say i can see Niedermeyer being traded in the next couple of days, free agent in the summer and strong rumours linking him to the devils - perhaps there was some substance to your clem statement Ack...? However, i'd be suprised if he didnt go for a power forward or two... have any going spare??

My money's on Detroit - as per last year. I always love the way they play playoff hockey. Tough, grinding, and pretty much unbeatable. And (in my humble opinion) the west is far stronger than the east, who over comes out on top between Detroit, San Jose and Calgary will win the Stanley cup.

If I thought we needed him I'd take Niedermeyer back in a heartbeat. An awesome player on his day and a legend with the Devils... but we're tapping on the roof of the Cap so I don't see how we'd fit him in to be honest... unless we were to send Rupp to you? He's done well of late, but I read he's not really settled this time and it's been 60 games!

We have Lanagaganaganagbrunnner (that's how it's spelt, honest) but he's Captain so there's no way we'd be looking to release him and if we are we're mental. Zubrus is a power forward on paper, so I guess you could take him. Good hard worker but he's not going to set you alight... and I doubt we could match up the salary to help us with capping issues.

That just leaves Shanahan and whilst he's the best cap match I don't see what we'd gain from letting him leave having only just got him in the team... dropping good players to fit him in too!

On another note, me and Dave went to watch Phoenix last night... the standard is ok, but certainly not great, but it was a good night out and something 'different' from just going the pub. It was £17 to get in which is a bit steep. But it was onlu £2.50 for a beer which you can't argue with for an 'event' price!

We should look at getting one done with you two when you're next up in these parts.

Just watched the Devils whoop Florida 7-2 from last night. Pretty amazing performance, they really couldnt handle us at all. Zach Parise is on fire. If you haven't seen the goals, you really should check them out, his second was superb.

Also, we just beat philly 3-0...Marty now has 100 career shutouts. Misses 50 games, in his first 3 games back he has 3 wins and 2 shutouts. There are not words in the dictionary that describe how good this man is!

Looking pretty strong at the moment, just hoping Brodeur can give us an extra boost, and hoping we havent peaked too soon like last year.

The Phoenix game was pretty decent. I never went watching Storm, and the only Hockey games I have ever been to previously were NHL games. Pleasantly surprised by the standard. £17 is a bit steep though for that standard, but unfortunately they have to charge that or they wouldn't be able to afford to run the club. Will definitely be going again, but probably not as often as I would if it was cheaper.

...and Zach Perise's goal is well worth checking out, quality stuff...

100 shut outs, well done Marty :imnotworthy:

Just watched the Devils whoop Florida 7-2 from last night. Pretty amazing performance, they really couldnt handle us at all. Zach Parise is on fire. If you haven't seen the goals, you really should check them out, his second was superb.

Also, we just beat philly 3-0...Marty now has 100 career shutouts. Misses 50 games, in his first 3 games back he has 3 wins and 2 shutouts. There are not words in the dictionary that describe how good this man is!

Keep up!

Parise on form going into the playoffs will be a massive boost. Kind of hoping he's peaked and doesn't keep improving as he's a huge asset when on form. The way things are going there's every chance too of a Devils/Pens match-up in Round One. Bring it!

...and Zach Perise's goal is well worth checking out, quality stuff...

100 shut outs, well done Marty :imnotworthy:

Keep up!

Parise on form going into the playoffs will be a massive boost. Kind of hoping he's peaked and doesn't keep improving as he's a huge asset when on form. The way things are going there's every chance too of a Devils/Pens match-up in Round One. Bring it!

To be fair mate, I was on about the goal he scored on 28th Feb, and you posted that on the 27th...so your either A) on about a different goal, or B) psychic!

I stand corrected. Parise's scoring too many for my liking at the moment, it's getting confusing :wink:

If I thought we needed him I'd take Niedermeyer back in a heartbeat. An awesome player on his day and a legend with the Devils... but we're tapping on the roof of the Cap so I don't see how we'd fit him in to be honest... unless we were to send Rupp to you? He's done well of late, but I read he's not really settled this time and it's been 60 games!

We have Lanagaganaganagbrunnner (that's how it's spelt, honest) but he's Captain so there's no way we'd be looking to release him and if we are we're mental. Zubrus is a power forward on paper, so I guess you could take him. Good hard worker but he's not going to set you alight... and I doubt we could match up the salary to help us with capping issues.

That just leaves Shanahan and whilst he's the best cap match I don't see what we'd gain from letting him leave having only just got him in the team... dropping good players to fit him in too!

On another note, me and Dave went to watch Phoenix last night... the standard is ok, but certainly not great, but it was a good night out and something 'different' from just going the pub. It was £17 to get in which is a bit steep. But it was onlu £2.50 for a beer which you can't argue with for an 'event' price!

We should look at getting one done with you two when you're next up in these parts.

Just spent a couple of minutes thinking... "Ackey and Dave went to watch the Cayote's - and it was only £17.. thats odd, I thought they were back in the UK" .... now I get you...!! Bloody hell that is expensive... I remmeber when it was £6 (student!) to watch the storm!

I would like to watch some hockey in the UK - I assume they still do the finals weekend in Nottingham?? Might be the best opportunity for us all to get together and watch the best standard in the UK? You never know, the Phoenix may pull thier finger out and get a result..!

As for trade with niedermeyer... well, Shanahan would be very nice, thanks very much Ack... now jutst get on the phone to NJ and sort it out please! The major rumours about Niedermeyer returning to NJ are at the end of the season when he is an unrestricted-free, however whether the ducks would allow that to happen is uncertain... as you say, its probably a capping issue, which is why i'd say the ducks would take a couple of average forwards in exchange to try and make the difference... no-one is really scoring for the Ducks at the mo other than Teemu (god) and Perry, so anyone who may add a few goals and a bit of scrap to the forwards would be considered....

NJ Vs Pens in the first round.... now that would be entertaining... and probably last longer than a potential Ducks Vs Detrot/SJ match up in the west!

I would like to watch some hockey in the UK - I assume they still do the finals weekend in Nottingham?? Might be the best opportunity for us all to get together and watch the best standard in the UK? You never know, the Phoenix may pull thier finger out and get a result..!

NJ Vs Pens in the first round.... now that would be entertaining... and probably last longer than a potential Ducks Vs Detrot/SJ match up in the west!

No can do on my part I'm afraid, a quick google search claims finals weekend is 4/5 April and I'm supposed to be heading up to Edinburgh after the Carlisle game on Good Friday. Shame.

Last night must have been the first time all three of our sides have been in playoff positions for a few months. Fingers crossed for BigFin that the Ducks can put together a few results to lift them over Columbus and Edmonton and avoid SJ/Detroit early on. Failing that, just dress the Ducks players in Nashville uniforms and that should scare the Wings half to death!

Just spent a couple of minutes thinking... "Ackey and Dave went to watch the Cayote's - and it was only £17.. thats odd, I thought they were back in the UK" .... now I get you...!! Bloody hell that is expensive... I remmeber when it was £6 (student!) to watch the storm!

Yeah it was a bit steep, but like I say it's not so bad for a one off. Especially as the beer was reasonable and the atmosphere (even struggling against a much better team) was actually really good. We had a bloody good laugh... that kid in the under10's game was the funniest thing I've ever seen!!

I'd be up for the playoff weekend... if I had money... I doubt I can afford the ticket, let alone the hotel+food+beer+travel - as I've still not managed to get myself a job and will not for the next few weeks until I get my cast off.

I'm sure we can work something out... they've only got 10-15 games left though if we're going to try and squeeze one in this season? (Fixtures are here)

I'm sure we can work something out... they've only got 10-15 games left though if we're going to try and squeeze one in this season? (Fixtures are here)

I think I need to go again this season, the Mrs has been moaning that she didn't come with us and she really wants to go for some reason.

The kid in the under 10's game was ace. I felt tight laughing so much, but he couldnt skate, and apparently skating is a big part of the game...