bad night for the drummer

There really is no need for this thread is there.

Every time he bangs his drum, a couple of thousand peoples' enjoyment of the game is either enhanced, reduced or, in some cases, unaffected. It will never not be an issue, and if that bothers him, unlucky. Frankly, if you want to avoid public attention and debate, you probably aren't the best person to be standing in the middle of a big bunch of people banging a loud percussive instrument.

One thing that has definitely been spoiled by drumming is when the team come out and he drums the "Sheridans Blue & White army" beat.

When the team comes out, we applaud the team. We do not chant. Cheers are ok.

I can't see any benefits to having a drum whatsoever. I hope he breaks the bloody thing.

I know nothing about drumming , although I do live next door to the drummer of a 'popular combo' as they were called in my day, and i don't think the young lad is going to be the next Keith Moon, however at 2-1 down he set up a nice little rhythm when the atmosphere was crap, Like Kelvin and Jonesy, let him try!!!

Edited by astottie

To be fair if there had been no drum last nite the atmosphere would have been like a morgue. Although I have sympathy for those who are directly around the banging who dont want to be... why dont the club just put the drum in an isolated place or at the front then everyone should be fairly happy.

To be fair if there had been no drum last nite the atmosphere would have been like a morgue. Although I have sympathy for those who are directly around the banging who dont want to be... why dont the club just put the drum in an isolated place or at the front then everyone should be fairly happy.

Tandle Hill monument?

Because it`s the same old and not even constructive.

This may help on the constructive front...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...15214025AAA5XOg

The drum can add to an already good atmosphere, the Sheridans blue and white army / we are top of the league chants from earlier this season for example.

However I do not think it will ever create an atmosphere.

Last night was an off night for the lad, and I was in complete agreement with the bloke three rows behind me when he roared "Shut the :censored: up with that!".

My only problem with the drum is that we dont sing owtb as much anymore

When we sing it at away games, it's sung too fast and there's no drum to blame for that. It also only lasts for two verses. Let's get back to the standard set at Swindon on that memorable day! Norm says we're "different class" at away games, but he's just being polite. Let's show him what we can really do! :OWTB1::OWTB1::OWTB1::OWTB1::OWTB1:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

When we sing it at away games, it's sung too fast and there's no drum to blame for that. It also only lasts for two verses. Let's get back to the standard set at Swindon on that memorable day! Norm says we're "different class" at away games, but he's just being polite. Let's show him what we can really do! :OWTB1::OWTB1::OWTB1::OWTB1::OWTB1:

I concur.

Every time he bangs his drum, a couple of thousand peoples' enjoyment of the game is either enhanced, reduced or, in some cases, unaffected. It will never not be an issue, and if that bothers him, unlucky. Frankly, if you want to avoid public attention and debate, you probably aren't the best person to be standing in the middle of a big bunch of people banging a loud percussive instrument.

And that's why the drum should be left at home.....

for me the introduction of drums in stadiums is another nail in the coffin for the real day out at the football....

Edited by oafc0000