Mr Smalley

Rumour our way is that we're flogging Pilkington to Ipswich and replacing him with your Mr Smalley on loan. I saw he was in your 11 on Monday and scored. What are the chances Sheridan would let him out a la Davies ?

Take Neal Eardley off us instead............ he's a full international you know

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know people on here tend to jump on someone back when someone says I heard from such abody. However my boss who know Smalley said on Monday Smalley was starting, which I was alittle surprised at. I told her I doubt he would be starting, however he would be on the bench & these are her words "he's told me he is starting today, as some scouts are coming looking at him tonight with a view to taken him on loan"

If he stays he will learn plenty from Windy.

So often the promoted sides have that mix of exciting young talent nurtured by the reliable backbone of experience.

I think, assuming this very strong rumour is true, we are missing a trick.

Edited by opinions4u

Theres no way we would loan a promising young player to a promotion rival.

If you get rid of the competition you can justify wooden legs Lidds' inclusion. Whitaker on the right ala Hudds or Maher to be dropped Saturday, despite the fact the team that played the other night is the team that could be good enough to take us up. WTF are we doing????

The team the other night was far more attacking than we have been previously and it was no coincidence imo that having a pacy winger on the opposite flank contributed to a better performance from Taylor - basically put three men on the left winger at yer peril 'cos the bugger on the right is just as quick. I'd love Shez to truly go for it but he just can't resist can he? If Taylor goes as well as Smally, who plays wide? or do we do what we did last season...play four central midfielders? ah I see, that's what he's wanted to do all along!

Only Latics could have the strike threat we have then go and get rid of the bloody supply line! Rant Over!

Edited by oafcprozac

If you get rid of the competition you can justify wooden legs Lidds' inclusion. Whitaker on the right ala Hudds or Maher to be dropped Saturday, despite the fact the team that played the other night is the team that could be good enough to take us up. WTF are we doing????

The team the other night was far more attacking than we have been previously and it was no coincidence imo that having a pacy winger on the opposite flank contributed to a better performance from Taylor - basically put three men on the left winger at yer peril 'cos the bugger on the right is just as quick. I'd love Shez to truly go for it but he just can't resist can he? If Taylor goes as well as Smally, who plays wide? or do we do what we did last season...play four central midfielders? ah I see, that's what he's wanted to do all along!

Only Latics could have the strike threat we have then go and get rid of the bloody supply line! Rant Over!

It was, and while I thought Smalley was excellent, the main reason for being more attacking as a unit was that Hartlepool were :censored:e.

We didn't create anywhere near as many chances as we could have done.

It was, and while I thought Smalley was excellent, the main reason for being more attacking as a unit was that Hartlepool were :censored:e.

Despite the fact we hit woodwork three times??? Maher hit one wide and there were several blocked shots and the great save from Hughes early on? what game were you at and how many chances do you want, because we made more chances in that game than during the whole of the previous 4 games!

By the way Brighton, Orient and Carlisle weren't that good either but we struggled...why? Because the balance of the team was wrong, two out and out wingers and :censored:e opposition or not 9 times out of ten at home you'll win or at the very least entertain.

Edited by oafcprozac

I know people on here tend to jump on someone back when someone says I heard from such abody. However my boss who know Smalley said on Monday Smalley was starting, which I was alittle surprised at. I told her I doubt he would be starting, however he would be on the bench & these are her words "he's told me he is starting today, as some scouts are coming looking at him tonight with a view to taken him on loan"

His move is already agreed, so there would have been no point other scouts coming "with a view to taking him on loan."

haven't heard anything at all.

but i'm only guessing that if he is allowed to leave,a replacement is ready to take his place.

Isn't his replacement Lee or Liddell?

Even without Smalley this is hardly the position that most requires attention.

If he isn't going to get games then surely it is best he is off to get first team football elsewhere as whenever he is on he seriously runs out of steam pretty early (half time at Rochdale for instance). After yesterdays game you'd think they'd give him a run (although you wouldn't have thought that before yesterdays game).

If Smalley does leave I don't think a replacement will be signed we already have Lids and Lee who before Monday seem to be before Smalley..

Left back has now got to be a priority a young lad George Friend who Wolves signed from Exeter for 500k isnt playing much maybe worth a look he's around forth choice at Wolves.

Strange one.

Was it only me who made anything of Corney's frequent digs about loaning a player to promotion rivals (Davies to Stockport) and stressing that it won't happen again?

E4e

DEANO

Mr. Corney is very friendly with Mr.Gannon so this potential transfer doesnt surprise me at all.

Disagree, they played in their half and tried to get us on the counter. They were hard to break down but we managed to do so and created a lot of chances whilst successfully nullifying their counter attack for much of the match. It was down to luck on their part that the game finished 2-1 rather than 4-0.