Mr Smalley

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumour our way is that we're flogging Pilkington to Ipswich and replacing him with your Mr Smalley on loan. I saw he was in your 11 on Monday and scored. What are the chances Sheridan would let him out a la Davies ?

Unlikely. Do you want Andy Liddell?

I don't think he'll be heading anywhere for a few weeks, did alright on monday, scored a cracker but I'm sure it won't be long until he's dropped again. Still a lot to learn I think.

Gannon is quoted as saying he has 3 loans agreed and is just waiting to see who we get shut of in the window. Pilko will almost certainly go so we would be on the look out for a right sided player. Time will tell I suppose.

If this is true i'm never going to latics ever again.*

*again, said for effect rather than having any substance.... only the second time this month... :wink: but if sodding sheridan gets rid of smalley and keeps captain crap, well, I dont think you will ever hear the end of it from me...

Who? Shez? !!

Nah Dean. He did well but still think he needs to perform better to make the position his own. It's his for now but come February I don't think he'll still in the starting lineup. I hope Dean performs and stays in the side.

Gannon is quoted as saying he has 3 loans agreed and is just waiting to see who we get shut of in the window. Pilko will almost certainly go so we would be on the look out for a right sided player. Time will tell I suppose.

I can't see him going at the moment, come back in Feb and I think you'll get him.

Nah Dean. He did well but still think he needs to perform better to make the position his own. It's his for now but come February I don't think he'll still in the starting lineup. I hope Dean performs and stays in the side.

I think he showed enough on Monday night to make the place his. Some superb skill. Scared the wits out of defenders. Scored a cracker.

Yes he tailed off towards the end (as did all the players) but that's as good a performance as we've had this season from somebody on that side of the pitch.

Deano doesn't seem to know where to stand and when out on the wing, he comes inside far too frequently. He also doesn't skin players too often, but has shown some improvement, especially in his upper body strength. When he came on as a sub recently, following a period out of the team, I thought he was wearing shoulder pads.

Shez obviously likes him, can't see him going anywhere.

Deano doesn't seem to know where to stand and when out on the wing, he comes inside far too frequently. He also doesn't skin players too often, but has shown some improvement, especially in his upper body strength. When he came on as a sub recently, following a period out of the team, I thought he was wearing shoulder pads.

Smalley to County is a done deal, he won't move until we play them, though. Three months.

I think he showed enough on Monday night to make the place his. Some superb skill. Scared the wits out of defenders. Scored a cracker.

Yes he tailed off towards the end (as did all the players) but that's as good a performance as we've had this season from somebody on that side of the pitch.

I agree it was bright and energetic, he did cause problems, he did trick himself often. I'd have him in ahead of Lids at the moment, hope he can build on this.

Deano doesn't seem to know where to stand and when out on the wing, he comes inside far too frequently

Then again, a criticism of our midfield is that it has been over run all too often. A player who is willing to come inside more often is ideal for countering the 5 man midfield. I'd rather he didn't 'stand' anywhere. A bit more mobility is a good thing.

He should have played him more this season. I really wouldn't be surprised if there is substance to this rumour.

Then again, a criticism of our midfield is that it has been over run all too often. A player who is willing to come inside more often is ideal for countering the 5 man midfield. I'd rather he didn't 'stand' anywhere. A bit more mobility is a good thing.

He should have played him more this season. I really wouldn't be surprised if there is substance to this rumour.

until he scored, i didnt think he had done enough to keep his place for saturday, however i also thought the same about lids and lee after their last outings.smalleys just too soft, he needs to toughen up

just a point shez was constantly shouting at taylor and smalley to come inside to play off the strikers on monday night.

until he scored, i didnt think he had done enough to keep his place for saturday, however i also thought the same about lids and lee after their last outings.smalleys just too soft, he needs to toughen up
Funny old game. He was my man of the match!

just a point shez was constantly shouting at taylor and smalley to come inside to play off the strikers on monday night.

Good to hear. Far too often we leave our strikers isolated.

Although he's not the finished article he causes panic whenever he get's the ball and he has to be on instead of Liddell in a 4 4 2 especially when we're chasing the game.

He's only going to improve if we keep playing him but in our reserve / friendlies he's hardly going to get the required opposition. I'd draw the line at loaning him to Stockport as we've helped them enough with Davies.

I would maybe send him out on loan in Div 2 where he would be guaranteed games and would come back a better player for sure!!