Richards to Arsenal?

It would be the best for all concerned. Certainly for Latics to finally get some wonga off the back of Richards, and defo for the player himself. He needs to discover his form of 18 months back and use this as a wake up call and not to believe his own hype. The publicity and the England call came from hard work not ability alone.

It would be the best for all concerned. Certainly for Latics to finally get some wonga off the back of Richards, and defo for the player himself. He needs to discover his form of 18 months back and use this as a wake up call and not to believe his own hype. The publicity and the England call came from hard work not ability alone.

I agree. I can't help feeling that Richards' value as a player is only going to fall. I get the feeling we might, if we get lucky, one day meet him in the Championship.

Another case of too much hype too early in a career.

I agree. I can't help feeling that Richards' value as a player is only going to fall. I get the feeling we might, if we get lucky, one day meet him in the Championship.

Another case of too much hype too early in a career.

And possibly being played out of position. For me, his natural and strongest position is right-back. Maybe if Hughes started playing him there again he'd refind his form and take his price tag up a bit...

And possibly being played out of position. For me, his natural and strongest position is right-back. Maybe if Hughes started playing him there again he'd refind his form and take his price tag up a bit...

He's a good player undoubtedly, but he needed time for his game to mature without the excess of media attention.

Maybe that's impossible in the modern game.

It does indeed, thank you my friend. These sober early mornings are no good!

I reckon at 1.4 m I'd be happy enough, City might just ask for 8m to help cover our payment.

Reckon the bidding will start at 7m but could end up in excess of 10m.......The more the better!!!

He#s still got the potential to be a world class player, being trained at a proper club like Arsenal could sort him out. Still though, he plays pretty much every game for Citeh, so wouldn't they be wanting to get at least two defenders in before he went? But they are only linked with fancy Dan attackers.

Wanting £20m for him was pretty much dream world. Anything is a bonus, I'd jump at £1.4m considering citys current situation of relegation where they will have to let richards go for cheap!

They don't have to let anybody go at all if they don't want to, even if they do get relegated.

The new owners are richer than God.

Don't know if this has been answered before but I'll ask it anyways.... cos it's on my mind.

What would happen if Richards was part of a player for player deal? (Instead of money being involved). Would we be able to have the player on loan 10% of the time?

In fact... what if money was involved. Would we receive a smidgin of what we should?

Ta

Don't know if this has been answered before but I'll ask it anyways.... cos it's on my mind.

What would happen if Richards was part of a player for player deal? (Instead of money being involved). Would we be able to have the player on loan 10% of the time?

In fact... what if money was involved. Would we receive a smidgin of what we should?

Ta

It goes to a tribunal and the value of the transfer is decided, Citeh then have to give us whatever they decide. There is no way around our sell on clause, unless he goes when his contract is up.

It goes to a tribunal and the value of the transfer is decided, Citeh then have to give us whatever they decide. There is no way around our sell on clause, unless he goes when his contract is up.

Are u sure thats how this clause works??????My thinkin was that we wer on for 30% of future transfers?but i c this as irrelevant as the so called owners will pocket the cash even tho we av a side of our ground missin!!! YANKS OUT!!!

Are u sure thats how this clause works??????My thinkin was that we wer on for 30% of future transfers?but i c this as irrelevant as the so called owners will pocket the cash even tho we av a side of our ground missin!!! YANKS OUT!!!

Yeah! Damn right, soldier!................er.................hang on.....................if the 'yanks' go, who's gonna plug the £15k per week that we are still losing?!

Edited by danoafc