Lee Hughes.

It was a nothing incident IMO. Just needs to be wiped off as a low point.

Too many fans stick up for hughes when he does wrong, I've even been threatened at a game when I shouted "COME ON HUGHESY, YOU SHOULD BE DOING BETTER THAN THAT". But that incident wants putting behind us.

Its hard not to get a bit defensive when someone is arguing for him to be shown the door over such a nothing incident...

I dont think the sun shines out of his arse but I will at least make sure any complaints are fair and weighted...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I burgle your garden shed to bring out your Homebase Hoist'n'Petard kit, let's reflect on the fact that you have sought to put down Hughesy's fantastic assist levels by making up some fantasy that he deliberately doesn't pass to his fellow forwards. If he is missing Taylor out as well IMO it only adds to the awe in which he is able to make generous yet selfish decisions in a split second, and yet still provide the team with more than anyone else can in that regard, as well as being our top scorer in his own right. Some player, no?

probably a very frustrating night tonight for hughes....like something that was posted about windass in one of the papers.

players need to understand that these two players have a far quicker and cleverer football brain than most,they make flicks and layoffs expecting other players to be there and there not.

there making runs expecting the ball to come to them and it doesnt,this is what needs working on in training that if it is ever worked out and everything clicks,nights like tonight shouldnt happen too often.

more than likely forgotten about on the coach home and be best buddies agin on the training pitch...

Its hard not to get a bit defensive when someone is arguing for him to be shown the door over such a nothing incident...

I dont think the sun shines out of his arse but I will at least make sure any complaints are fair and weighted...

My post wasn't a pop at you, I agree entirely with what you said. Nothing incident - lets move on.

Or we can show Hughes the door...... for that. Now I may be wrong, but for a one off incident, I can think of something else we could have said, "no you cant play for us."

Things like tonight happen in training all the time. It was hardly a Fuller vs Griffin inciden was it?

probably a very frustrating night tonight for hughes....like something that was posted about windass in one of the papers.

players need to understand that these two players have a far quicker and cleverer football brain than most,they make flicks and layoffs expecting other players to be there and there not.

there making runs expecting the ball to come to them and it doesnt,this is what needs working on in training that if it is ever worked out and everything clicks,nights like tonight shouldnt happen too often.

more than likely forgotten about on the coach home and be best buddies agin on the training pitch...

Sheridan played with Steve Whitehall.

Now despite the two contrasts, I never saw Sheridan attempt to throttle him, as tempting as it might have been to do so at times given some of the passes Shez made to him.

It was a disappointing incident. If only because if Hughes had been in Taylor's position, would he have passed? Would he ****!

Before I burgle your garden shed to bring out your Homebase Hoist'n'Petard kit, let's reflect on the fact that you have sought to put down Hughesy's fantastic assist levels by making up some fantasy that he deliberately doesn't pass to his fellow forwards. If he is missing Taylor out as well IMO it only adds to the awe in which he is able to make generous yet selfish decisions in a split second, and yet still provide the team with more than anyone else can in that regard, as well as being our top scorer in his own right. Some player, no?

It's a bit late for me to understand all that but Windass is joining that long list of strikers who can't seem to score when playing with Hughes, thats clear to see.

Sheridan played with Steve Whitehall.

Now despite the two contrasts, I never saw Sheridan attempt to throttle him, as tempting as it might have been to do so at times given some of the passes Shez made to him.

It was a disappointing incident. If only because if Hughes had been in Taylor's position, would he have passed? Would he ****!

which one is whitehall in this senario? hughes or taylor :wink:

could shez have caught whitehall if he wanted to? :grin:

I was basically saying someone wants to show hughes the door for tonights incident. Not his past. Thats quite an odd set of morals to have.

so you want the club to cancel his contract and kick him out on his arse for a bit of handbags over wether someone should have passed to him or not????

you do understand that he is our leading scorer dont you,and that it was stated in mondays dailys that he is head and shoulders above any other striker in this division???

so you dont want us to get promoted then...

think a rollakin from the manager and maybe a fine will be sufficient punishment dont you.

so you want the club to cancel his contract and kick him out on his arse for a bit of handbags over wether someone should have passed to him or not????

you do understand that he is our leading scorer dont you,and that it was stated in mondays dailys that he is head and shoulders above any other striker in this division???

so you dont want us to get promoted then...

think a rollakin from the manager and maybe a fine will be sufficient punishment dont you.

You have missed the point I think....

not missed any points really,the question marks mean i was asking for him to clarify his position of wanting hughes shown the door..

does he really want the club to get rid for a push.

i think the point he was trying to make was , some people on this board are calling for him to go because of tonight.

but they didnt mind him playing after his past history off the pitch

i think ?

not missed any points really,the question marks mean i was asking for him to clarify his position of wanting hughes shown the door..

does he really want the club to get rid for a push.

He was trying to show up the madness of the original post... He wasnt saying kick Hughes out...

Unless i have the wrong end of the stick :)

This whole post sounds like simple fan frustration to me, lets look at the facts (Thanks Mr.Benitez :grin: ) Hughes is a great player at this level. Hughes is a striker of great experience and his scoring record speaks for itself at any club he has ever played at, but he was out of the game for five years and that no doubt will change a player, but if you were to take him out of our side the front line would lose some serious bite and a hell of alot of workrate. It would be interesting to see how many winnning goals he has scored for us or how many goals he scored that pegged us back for a draw add all those points up take it away from the teams overall tally and see were that would put us in the table. I find it strange that anybody would say that we should show Hughes the door line up all the strikers stats that we have at this club and i said stats not personal preference to who you like and don't like and compare them. No other striker at our club in a goals per game ratio while at Oldham or any other club are anywere near his. I feel i have gone on with myself long enough make of this post what you will but like rafa i thinks the facts do the talking lol :blush:

I was saying -

It was handbags - lets move on

Kicking him out would be a stupid over reaction.

Some people on this board are calling for him to go because of tonight, but they didnt mind him playing after his past history off the pitch. IMO THATS strange.

It's a bit late for me to understand all that but Windass is joining that long list of strikers who can't seem to score when playing with Hughes, thats clear to see.

I can't deny that I could have used a few commas to good effect in my comment. I am upset with myself.

Basically:

• Hughes creates a :censored: load of assists.
  • None of the rest of our strikers can score.

So, you take it from this that Hughes is making a point of not passing to his fellow centre forwards, I suppose to make himself look better by comparison. His fantastic assists tally does though suggest that he is very good at creating assists, so we are led to imagine how many he would have created if he wasn't deciding who not to pass to in that split second when he gets his head up before passing a ball (usually under pressure) into the box.

So, it used to be Davies and Alessandra who he wasn't passing to. Now, we have discovered that he's been deliberately cutting young Chris out of it as well. Denying our second highest scorer (from midfield) service at the same time as deliberately not passing to his forwards, yet having great assist figures, must make him one awesome player. Our leading centre forward is creating a top assist figure with Ratters, Lids (who only scores from pens) and Whits. Imagine if he was a team player? Champions League.

got bullied out of it.

feck...did we get bullied.

and that,my friends,is the final jigsaw we haven't got.

they hassled and annoyed the feck out of our defence and midfield ,half of em were booked in the first half.then they KNEW they could hassle them further with them knowing they would be in danger in getting sent off...simple.

awful.

oh..whats plan B?

LIDDEL?????

please.... :lol: