Fans

I can not believe some of the comments made today, and the booing at half time and full time.

Ok granted, todays game, on paper, should have allowed us to collect another 3 points for the seasons tally, but some of the treatment players get is shocking.

For example, Kelvin Lomax today didn't have a stormer in my opinion, but was much better than he has been of late, but his first misplaced pass resulted in some bloke screaming 'Why are you wearing the f**king shirt Lomax, every f**king week'. Do people like this not realize that they're hardly helping by turning up every week and getting on the players backs?

On the Lomax subject again, another bloke near where I was sat (the RRE), was saying how 'Eardley is much the better player of the two, but people don't realize getting on Neal's back doesn't help his form'... and then less than 2 minutes later 'oh f**k off Lomax, s**t ball after s**t ball'.. and of course, that's helping Lomax's form isn't it?

And according to another 'fan'... Lee Hughes is useless as Swindon's centre back Ifil beat him to a header. So people are telling me that Hughes is useless after chipping in with what, 15 league goals this season? 'Fans' like this are hardly useful to the team themselves.

Then another bloke complained that Brezovan was claiming too many crosses. Fair play, some of Latics crosses today could have been better, but Brezovan is what, 6'6 according to Swindon's site. He also trains what, 5 out of 7 days a week on how to catch/stop a football. Of course he's going to claim some crosses, it's his job!

Granted, people were right to go to today's game expecting three points but Swindon defended resolutely and their keeper Brezovan had a good game, making some good saves. Booing them off at half and full time was, in my opinion, disgusting. It wasn't a lack of effort that resulted in the 0-0 scoreline, it was a lack of luck, and a decent performance by Swindon themselves. If we're going to start booing when we pick up draws, how the hell is that going to help the team get winning again?

I'm sure many people will come and have a go back at this post but sod it, I feel strongly about the booing and abuse some fans give to the players, and whilst I appreciate they can have an opinion, I can have mine too, and I personally can't believe that the players were booed off today... it was by no means a breathtaking performance, and I myself expected 3 points before the game, but booing? Pathetic.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not believe some of the comments made today, and the booing at half time and full time.

Ok granted, todays game, on paper, should have allowed us to collect another 3 points for the seasons tally, but some of the treatment players get is shocking.

For example, Kelvin Lomax today didn't have a stormer in my opinion, but was much better than he has been of late, but his first misplaced pass resulted in some bloke screaming 'Why are you wearing the f**king shirt Lomax, every f**king week'. Do people like this not realize that they're hardly helping by turning up every week and getting on the players backs?

On the Lomax subject again, another bloke near where I was sat (the RRE), was saying how 'Eardley is much the better player of the two, but people don't realize getting on Neal's back doesn't help his form'... and then less than 2 minutes later 'oh f**k off Lomax, s**t ball after s**t ball'.. and of course, that's helping Lomax's form isn't it?

And according to another 'fan'... Lee Hughes is useless as Swindon's centre back Ifil beat him to a header. So people are telling me that Hughes is useless after chipping in with what, 15 league goals this season? 'Fans' like this are hardly useful to the team themselves.

Then another bloke complained that Brezovan was claiming too many crosses. Fair play, some of Latics crosses today could have been better, but Brezovan is what, 6'6 according to Swindon's site. He also trains what, 5 out of 7 days a week on how to catch/stop a football. Of course he's going to claim some crosses, it's his job!

Granted, people were right to go to today's game expecting three points but Swindon defended resolutely and their keeper Brezovan had a good game, making some good saves. Booing them off at half and full time was, in my opinion, disgusting. It wasn't a lack of effort that resulted in the 0-0 scoreline, it was a lack of luck, and a decent performance by Swindon themselves. If we're going to start booing when we pick up draws, how the hell is that going to help the team get winning again?

I'm sure many people will come and have a go back at this post but sod it, I feel strongly about the booing and abuse some fans give to the players, and whilst I appreciate they can have an opinion, I can have mine too, and I personally can't believe that the players were booed off today... it was by no means a breathtaking performance, and I myself expected 3 points before the game, but booing? Pathetic.

dont talk crap booing that :censored:e is justifyed

welcome to the forum, if comments at the ground piss you off, then read this board tonight, you will want to smash your computer :grin:

Comment from today's match programme from Alessandra, about his game at home to Scunthorpe: "Someone shouted early in the game 'Well done Lewi, you're having a great game' and that really lifted me and spurred me on to get my 3 goals."

Agree with the OP, thought we played really well 2nd half, if we'd done the same 1st half we would have won.

The result was a shame, but we've got to keep with it and support the lads! :)

Edited by Simpo

Comment from today's match programme from Alessandra, about his game at home to Scunthorpe: "Someone shouted early in the game 'Well done Lewi, you're having a great game' and that really lifted me and spurred me on to get my 3 goals."

Well if one of them useless tossers on the park were having a great game today, someone will have told them.

But none of them were.

dont talk crap booing that :censored:e is justifyed

Oh do be quiet. I dread to think what you'd have been like had they lost. A point is a point and yes, I do see it as 2 points dropped, but it wasn't a loss, and it wasn't through a lack of trying that didn't lead to a win today. You can't win every game, the sooner you figure that out the better.

Well if one of them useless tossers on the park were having a great game today, someone will have told them.

But none of them were.

are you going to just repleat yourself in every thread ... I think we have got you point (is it a point ??? :thinking2: or simply a ... )

Booing the team ..... NEVER justified!!

Pray tell what does it achieve ? Certainly nothing positive that could help the team win the next game.

I dont subscribe to it never being justified - it hopefully lets players know the fans arent happy. First half there was no effort it was like a training game. 2nd half was better but just wanst our day

Can understand if not agree with people venting their frustration. The booing wasn't just for todays performance, but for a string of inept displays.

Agreed if this was just a one off then the grief would be uncalled for but this has happened time and time again and for me it has already cost us automatic promotion. I will say now that we will beat either Leeds or Leicester but we will just mess it up by dropping points against the divisions dross

Agreed if this was just a one off then the grief would be uncalled for but this has happened time and time again and for me it has already cost us automatic promotion. I will say now that we will beat either Leeds or Leicester but we will just mess it up by dropping points against the divisions dross

Would you genuinely say that was a totally realistic target at the start of the season? I'm no pessimist but I'd have thought the play-offs would be our most realistic target.

Would you genuinely say that was a totally realistic target at the start of the season? I'm no pessimist but I'd have thought the play-offs would be our most realistic target.

With the players that started the game today, the size of the squad, and some of the early performances we saw this season, I'd say this set of players has more than enough ability to win promotion.

Somewhere in the mix is a manager who doesn't seem to get the best out of them.

And I cannot get away from the niggling feeling that Sheridan is holding us back. But I can't identify an obvious replacement for him.

Booing, definately justified! ... They played absolutely crap today. Lomax didnt have that bad of a game today though in my opinion, better than games that he has had the past few weeks.

Heard shez & hughes were mouthing off at each other at full time. anyone, who was sat in the main stand, know about this ??

I can see where the idea of automatic has come from, at the beginning of the season we were awesome, nobody could beat us, but now we seem to have been found out!

I would be happy with play offs, but we know what happens then!

Nor was clapping Windass off after a terrible performance. 3 games in 7 days is too much at 39 and not match fit. Sheridan should have realised that after the first 45 mins

hughes and sheridan were at it all second half,hughes gave as good as he got...comments were justifeid as my granny could of knocked some of those chances in.

lack of effort and urgency today,glombourne is an overlapping left footed wing back,yet first half the obvious outlet taylor didnt want the ball,kept pointing infield to allott or windass,wasnt interested.

far too many lacklustre and limpwristed passes today,if your going to pass you make sure you hit it hard enough to reach its destination,otherwise you give away advantage far too cheaply and put yourself in trouble.

dont think the booing is ever justified,just dont applaud at the final whistle,walk out and leave it behind.

Yes Shez even said so! We may still get into the play offs but its that magic C word that seperates the men from the boys in this division CONSISTENCY that is costing us every season every team can pretty much beat anyone on there day its just that the top teams manage to have their day more often thats the reason they go up thats reason the fans were frustrated today thats what I believe will cost us this season and it blinking frustrating.

Can understand if not agree with people venting their frustration. The booing wasn't just for todays performance, but for a string of inept displays.

That board members is absolutely correct. In fact the style or lack of football is deteriorating week on week and it's noticeable. What are we doing in training? I promise you this people, if we topple outta the top six we will not get back in. Play off's with the start we had is a minimum. We were lack lustre and very very poor first half and Swindon were the better team. Second half a vast improvement but where as the football gone this season?.

We have in all honestly been average since we beat Scunthorpe at home.

We were lucky to get this far but I am afraid when times are tough and decisions need to be made we will be left lacking by our management.

I have completely lost faith in Sheridan and his band of merry coaches (pals).

I didn’t boo today because.......I gave my season ticket away and will until there’s significant change in either manager/coaching staff or the buddy/drinking pals selection system we currently operate to our cost.

It baffles me that Corney & Blitz can be so successful in their own right but cant see a pub team playing week in week out when they own one!

We have in all honestly been average since we beat Scunthorpe at home.

We were lucky to get this far but I am afraid when times are tough and decisions need to be made we will be left lacking by our management.

I have completely lost faith in Sheridan and his band of merry coaches (pals).

I didn’t boo today because.......I gave my season ticket away and will until there’s significant change in either manager/coaching staff or the buddy/drinking pals selection system we currently operate to our cost.

It baffles me that Corney & Blitz can be so successful in their own right but cant see a pub team playing week in week out when they own one!

how do you know they cant see it???

for all we know they do see it like we see it,but are reluctant to change managers at this stage of a season,for the amount of people who think shez isnt a manager and not doing a good job,there are double that thinking he does and he is....dont think they want another backlash just yet.

at least at the end of the season they can justify there actions,no promotion,biggest budget ever given to there managers.