O'Grady signs for County

indeed u are i have said a few things would happen transfer wise and have !!!

jolly good. Lets just hope they hurry up with the 'cough please' Neil - it's 3 o'clock already!

Would you happen to know if the 'second man' is in there with him?

jolly good. Lets just hope they hurry up with the 'cough please' Neil - it's 3 o'clock already!

Would you happen to know if the 'second man' is in there with him?

[/quote/]

wouldnt like 2 make rumors up but i have heard a few players liknked-gleeson-jones-holt plus another striker but not sure tbh!! would think a striker in-kk-and another player missed jones alot gleesson is good apparently and the holty im on about is gary from wycombe not grant lol!! not sayin they are true but wt i hv heard i hope this kilkenny deal goes through asap dont knw how long a medical takes

COG is unbelievably physically strong but never looks like scoring. Had two glorious chances to win games late on for us (Colchester and Huddersfield)...and hasn't.

His goalscoring record was hardly prolific at Rotherham, he couldn't score at Bury and he couldn't even get in the squad at Bradford. He can be useful...but if you're looking for goals then he's hardly your man.

JSS you do understand he will now get a hat trick on Saturday.

A medical at BP takes about 10 mins if we are desperate to sign someone based upon past experience. Think it takes the form of "Welcome....Stand Up......Cough......Sit Down.......Drink this pint in under 8 seconds....any outstanding sick notes?(Forgot to ask Killen that one!) .....all is ok.....sign here."

Doesn't a medical imply a transfer? I think loans go through without them...

JSS you do understand he will now get a hat trick on Saturday.

A medical at BP takes about 10 mins if we are desperate to sign someone based upon past experience. Think it takes the form of "Welcome....Stand Up......Cough......Sit Down.......Drink this pint in under 8 seconds....any outstanding sick notes?(Forgot to ask Killen that one!) .....all is ok.....sign here."

Well he might score...

The thing is, it hasn't worked for him really here. Sometimes a change of scenery can help a player...and if so then good luck to him...there's no point having him here if he can't do it in a Latics shirt.

That said, he hasn't been able to do much in a Bury or Bradford shirt either...

Well he might score...

The thing is, it hasn't worked for him really here. Sometimes a change of scenery can help a player...and if so then good luck to him...there's no point having him here if he can't do it in a Latics shirt.

That said, he hasn't been able to do much in a Bury or Bradford shirt either...

Bradford fan who works for me has been very unimpressed with COG. Not good enough for a team looking to get promoted from League Two was his assessment, so perhaps best for all concerned he has moved on.

FAO: Chris O'Grady

You son, you were awful. Give your head a shake.

Striker my ****. We should sue you under the Trades Description Act. Striker of what? Not the ball that's for sure. You were been returned by Bury with no goals to your name. At Bradford you got less than 45 minutes game time. That was in a month.

You are an appalling excuse for a footballer. Ooh, you're big, you're strong. You don't ******* score though do you. Geoff Capes is big and strong but we wouldn't stick him up front. In fact, we might. He might hit the target. Unlike yourself, you Leicester rejected, Rotherham contract rebel, League Two loanee failure.

I would say don't let the door hit your **** on the way out but no doubt you'd ******* miss being hit by that too.

Let that be the end of him.

FAO: Chris O'Grady

You son, you were awful. Give your head a shake.

Striker my ****. We should sue you under the Trades Description Act. Striker of what? Not the ball that's for sure. You were been returned by Bury with no goals to your name. At Bradford you got less than 45 minutes game time. That was in a month.

You are an appalling excuse for a footballer. Ooh, you're big, you're strong. You don't ******* score though do you. Geoff Capes is big and strong but we wouldn't stick him up front. In fact, we might. He might hit the target. Unlike yourself, you Leicester rejected, Rotherham contract rebel, League Two loanee failure.

I would say don't let the door hit your **** on the way out but no doubt you'd ******* miss being hit by that too.

Let that be the end of him.

:lol: Bad day, Titch?

On loan until the end of the season. Go on then, give us the low down........*winces*

I like O'Grady, more than I did Davies anyway. Some take the limited view that he hasn't scored and launch into *see post 41*. Many others voted him the MOTM after his last game, myself included as I thought he was magnificent. Had it not been for other experienced high profile strikers, some of whom haven't scored either, he would surely have retained his place.

I was of the opinion that he was looked on as one for the future and loaned out accordingly but it sounding like he hasn't impressed at Bradford is worrying, more so for you. :wink: I still wouldn't write him off as a Latic though, he may well come good at Stockport as he certainly has it in him. I don't much like comparing our players to top players but for O'Grady the obvious example would be Heskey (who is also often abused by unknowledgable and/or unappreciative fans).

Edited by Stitch_KTF

I like O'Grady, more than I did Davies anyway. Some take the limited view that he hasn't scored and launch into *see post 41*. Many others voted him the MOTM after his last game, myself included as I thought he was magnificent. Had it not been for other experienced high profile strikers, some of whom haven't scored either, he would surely have retained his place.

I was of the opinion that he was looked on as one for the future and loaned out accordingly but it sounding like he hasn't impressed at Bradford is worrying, more so for you. :wink: I still wouldn't write him off as a Latic though, he may well come good at Stockport as he certainly has it in him. I don't much like comparing our players to top players but for O'Grady the obvious example would be Heskey (who is also often abused by unknowledgable and/or unappreciative fans).

i was happy with him on loan at a league 2 side...but again stockport,not far behind us...gannan has good record of getting best from youngsters....just hope it doesnt come back to bite us.

Regardless of whether I rate COG or not (I actually do), two league 2 managers haven't fancied him and at Bradford I think he got one kick in a month.

Which begs the questions...why did Shez track him for so long and then spend ££ on him?

Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise we didn't see many incomings today. Saves us having to pay up their contracts this time next year.

E4e

JSOUT