O'Grady signs for County

On loan until the end of the season. Go on then, give us the low down........*winces*

Strong lad who holds the ball up well and decent in the air, but has failed to score goals.

Has had loans spells at Bury and Bradford this season where he also failed to score.

Hasn't had much of a look in at BP, may improve for a decent run in the team but couldn't get a start at Bradford either.

Sorry but you did ask.

On loan until the end of the season. Go on then, give us the low down........*winces*

An honest view... well, he has barely played for us. He has made some useful game changing cameos, but in the rare times he has started he hasnt looked like getting anywhere near scoring. Has gone on loan to both Bratfud and Bury, and hasnt pulled up any trees there.

Big, Powerful, but doesnt look like a goalscorer. TBH, isnt really anywhere near our first team.... there was also one famous occasion when Mark Allott (our CM) shouted over to shez "I cant pass to him... he cant trap shizzle" ...

There is a bit of me though that thinks he might do well for you, the way you play suited Davies, and it might just suit O'Grady, he will run all day... however will he ever be a League 1 striker... Hmmm.. not too sure.

Good luck with him.

I'm guessing he might be called Dean Windass?

As for COG - seems to have a good attitude and works hard, but no goal threat at all.

yeah but windy, hughes and lewis,(not counting wolfy)

do you not think we might need cover should the 39 yr old pick up an injury?

or hughes goes before 5????????????????????

what a good decision Shez excellent news off our wage bill couldnt get a game poor when given a chance went to Bury played a game or two sat on bench went to Bradford came on as sub once or twice couldnt make bench for last two games...

Good Luck...

Think this transfer is certainly the opening for another transfer by freeing up the wage bill.

Think his lack of goals is a real millstone round his neck with Latics fans, but watching him on the pitch, he's never really done too much wrong apart from never shooting at goal. But he's very physical and wouldn't put it past him if he goes and does a decent job at the right club which is more suitable for his style.

The backheel in the last minute to Jones leading to our winning goal against Walsall stays in my memory anyway. Good luck Chris.

yeah but windy, hughes and lewis,(not counting wolfy)

do you not think we might need cover should the 39 yr old pick up an injury?

or hughes goes before 5????????????????????

Don't diss the Wolf :angry:

Realistically we are better off now than we were - neither COG or CD fancied in the slightest vs Windy who is a first choice. There's not much point having bodies in the squad who just aren't going to play. I think Smalley will play a few games up front before the season is through.

Think his lack of goals is a real millstone round his neck with Latics fans, but watching him on the pitch, he's never really done too much wrong apart from never shooting at goal. If he was a centre half, then that's not too much of a problem

But he's very physical and wouldn't put it past him if he goes and does a decent job at the right club which is more suitable for his style.

The backheel in the last minute to Jones leading to our winning goal against Walsall stays in my memory anyway. Good luck Chris.

Is this the one whereby no way anyone else on the pitch bar Jones could have caught it....He back heeled it further than Carlton Palmer could control a football....and that if you remember - that was a bloody long way!

Is this the one whereby no way anyone else on the pitch bar Jones could have caught it....He back heeled it further than Carlton Palmer could control a football....and that if you remember - that was a bloody long way!

It was, but all the same it was a brilliant, flowing move which was ignited by that backheel.

It's amusing all this cows arse and banjo talk... I can just see him coming up against us sometime in the future and bagging. Typical.