Beckford

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Yorkshire evening post

FA investigating Beckford clash

Published Date: 10 February 2009

The Football Association has confirmed that it is investigating Jermaine Beckford's altercation with Millwall goalkeeper David Forde – having earlier appeared to rule out further disciplinary action against the Leeds United striker.

Beckford was seen elbowing Forde in the face during the second half of last night's League One match between Leeds and Millwall at Elland Road.

The forward, who scored twice in United's 2-0 win, was shown a yellow card for the offence by referee Alan Wiley, and the Football Association initially announced that Wiley's original decision would stand, apparently ruling out further repercussions.

But a spokesman for the governing body has subsequently confirmed to the YEP that the FA is now reviewing Beckford's actions after receiving additional information in Wiley's match report.

See tomorrow's Yorkshire Evening Post for the full story

From Yorkshire evening post

FA investigating Beckford clash

Published Date: 10 February 2009

The Football Association has confirmed that it is investigating Jermaine Beckford's altercation with Millwall goalkeeper David Forde – having earlier appeared to rule out further disciplinary action against the Leeds United striker.

Beckford was seen elbowing Forde in the face during the second half of last night's League One match between Leeds and Millwall at Elland Road.

The forward, who scored twice in United's 2-0 win, was shown a yellow card for the offence by referee Alan Wiley, and the Football Association initially announced that Wiley's original decision would stand, apparently ruling out further repercussions.

But a spokesman for the governing body has subsequently confirmed to the YEP that the FA is now reviewing Beckford's actions after receiving additional information in Wiley's match report.

See tomorrow's Yorkshire Evening Post for the full story

aaah :grin:

What he did to that keeper will give any kid nightmares! Worse than a boxing match that,

he is scum if SWP got 3 games he should be given 6 .

Morgan was accused of trying to put Hume in hospital, well IMO Beckford elbow was a hell of alot more intentional

DIRTY DIRTY LEEDS SCUM

Just seen it for the first time. They should both get :censored: by the FA, Beckford and Forde. Both guilty of throwing elbows. Forde's was sly but definitely intentional, but Beckfords was disgusting.

No place for it at all in the game.

Charged by FA, may face up to a 3 game ban.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_4913599,00.html

He's been offered a 3 match ban by the FA and Leeds are deciding whether to accept or appeal.

Here's a tip for you fella's, accept it now while you have a chance, cos that should be a 5 match ban. Disgraceful behaviour.

He's been offered a 3 match ban by the FA and Leeds are deciding whether to accept or appeal.

Here's a tip for you fella's, accept it now while you have a chance, cos that should be a 5 match ban. Disgraceful behaviour.

There is no way on Gods earth that they could appeal that, its assault

They just seem to get away with a hell of alot. Much like the scummers don't get penalties given against them and stoppage time appears from nowhere if they need it etc etc. In those cases do you hate the refs or do you think 'I ****ing hate Man U/Alex Ferguson' like everyone else? I huge amount of the feeling towards them is from the special treatment they get and I'm sure loads of others feel the same. Why when it's Leeds getting special treatment should we suddenly say 'oh it's not their fault'? We always knew the FA are totally spineless and they should get their share of the blame, but it's the big clubs who are influencing their decisions.

I don't think anything of it, I don't care whether United get penalties against them, or the stoppage time in a United match. I'm an Oldham fan, I have no care for United, be it good or bad. I couldn't care less if they won the league by Easter, or didn't even finish in the top 4.

I don't think anything of it, I don't care whether United get penalties against them, or the stoppage time in a United match. I'm an Oldham fan, I have no care for United, be it good or bad. I couldn't care less if they won the league by Easter, or didn't even finish in the top 4.

Most Oldham fans prefer it when Man U do badly and don't like the special treatment they get. I guess you're above local rivalries though.

Why waste your time worrying about United? I'm more interested in worrying about Sheridan's sanity when he picks Daniel Whittaker in his starting eleven.

Obviously that's my primary concern or I wouldn't be on an Oldham website i'd be on a Man U one, but I like our local rivals to do badly. I can't really see the point in your argument, you're pretty much saying local rivalries are pointless?

Just to confirm (and back on topic!!!) that Beckford gets a 3 game ban.

Back against us, I think. :(

Beckford 3 game ban confirmed

Aye they play 4 games before us Hudds, Hereford, Chelt n Scunny so will deffo be back, itdosnt bother me 1 bit, an in form Greegs will have him for tea...the most annoying thing is, the Scum are trying to justify his actions.....

Leeds chief executive Shaun Harvey added: "We feel certain if the match had not been shown live on television and not received a massive amount of publicity thereafter the caution issued by the referee would have been the end of the matter. "It is this type of inconsistency in disciplinary matters that is frustrating for clubs and confusing for fans."

LEEDS YER A DISGRACE!!

Aye they play 4 games before us Hudds, Hereford, Chelt n Scunny so will deffo be back, itdosnt bother me 1 bit, an in form Greegs will have him for tea...the most annoying thing is, the Scum are trying to justify his actions.....

Leeds chief executive Shaun Harvey added: "We feel certain if the match had not been shown live on television and not received a massive amount of publicity thereafter the caution issued by the referee would have been the end of the matter. "It is this type of inconsistency in disciplinary matters that is frustrating for clubs and confusing for fans."

LEEDS YER A DISGRACE!!

They do have a point in terms of the inconsistency, but to use that as a 'get out' for Beckford's asault is crazy.

LEEDS YER A DISGRACE!!

That muppet has come out with waffle like this before, absolutely unbelievable! What if the lad he elbowed, no blatantly assaulted, had been seriously injured? Fractured eye socket? Broken jaw / nose? Loss of eye sight?

We're being picked on again because we're Leeds! Get a grip Mr. Harvey you utter tool! Had Beckford done that anywhere other than on a football pitch he would be banged up by now......

That muppet has come out with waffle like this before, absolutely unbelievable! What if the lad he elbowed, no blatantly assaulted, had been seriously injured? Fractured eye socket? Broken jaw / nose? Loss of eye sight?

Nothing probably. Didn't Chris Morgan get away lightly after his elbow on Iain Hume this season which fractured his skull and left him with life-threatening injuries and in a high-dependency unit for 48 hours?