Ernie Flag Shock

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulletin on condition of Mark (Latics & England):

Mark went to A & E Department of the Royal Oldham Hospital this morning and was diagnosed with a fractured jaw. He was referred immediately to Crumpsall for treatment.

Bloody hell, I'd assumed it was just a bust nose or something. Hope it's not a bad break and it doesn't inconvenience him for long.

All,

WardleLatic has informed me this evening that, shockingly, the Ernie Flag has been stolen whilst honouring Ernie at the Spain-England game in Seville.

The travelling fans were set-upon by 8 Spanish thugs whilst having their photographs taken in front of the stadium, after the game.

Thankfully no-one was seriously hurt during the attack, but sadly the flag was taken.

WardleLatic is determined to have a bigger and better ready right away, however there is still a glimmer of hope that involving the media first thing tomorrow might see the flag returned.

If anyone has any resources they feel might improve those slimmest of odds please let me know via PM.

Regards,

Ackey

My Spanish mate Paco has asked me to say that he is ashamed of what his countrymen have done. He also bought me several beers to asuage his guilty feelings so that's allright then.

Edited by fourdinners

Bulletin on condition of Mark (Latics & England):

Mark went to A & E Department of the Royal Oldham Hospital this morning and was diagnosed with a fractured jaw. He was referred immediately to Crumpsall for treatment.

Can he claim compo for that? Can get a few grand for a broken jaw

I have just had a PM off a fan who isnt making the game tomorrow and said they wished to make a donation through Paypal....

If anyone else would like to do this please send your donation to rickattwood@gmail.com Please add your name or Owtb ID on any transfer so I can include you for the spot item to a fan who has donated.

Thanks to Barmy Flags the new flag should be at BP tomorrow.unfortunately I won't be. Thanks again everyone

Your recovery comes first Mark. Get well in time for Yeovil.

From a sentimental point of view, it's great news that the new Flag should be at BP tomorrow, to keep the chain unbroken. I reckon it will be worth a goal start to the fans to see the Flag.

Let's hope it has that effect on the players.

Your recovery comes first Mark. Get well in time for Yeovil.

From a sentimental point of view, it's great news that the new Flag should be at BP tomorrow, to keep the chain unbroken. I reckon it will be worth a goal start to the fans to see the Flag.

Let's hope it has that effect on the players.

Just to let you know that Mark may have to have an operation over the weekend as it is quite a bad break. We will all have to shout a bit louder to make up for him not being there. Good luck Mark

Cheers Jane

Hope you have recovered from your trip back

Spoke to Mark before, he is gutted he is going to miss the match

Angry at this.... agree with general consensus that it is thugs (not fans) and not something we should tar on football. We all know what Ernie meant/means to our club and we know that we can and do pull together when we need to.

Anyone who is part of the flag team (ha ha) in the White Hart tomorrow?

Latics and England hope you don't have to go under the knife but if so hope it is successful x

Big xxx

just had another text from him...

i'm feckin jealous!!!!!!

dirty sod!

"went to malaga...crap..went back to sevilla..lass took pity and she and her mates are taking me out!"

respecto!

dirty sod! B)

Still cant believe Mark C missed his flight back !! To think he will miss his first latics game home or away in hover 6750 mins ..112.50 hours of football :lol:

Hope he gets back soon, he was only on the Day Trip :shock:

Again, thank you to everyone who has donated.... The Ernie Cooksey Fans flag will be on view today for all to see again