Ernie Flag Shock

All,

WardleLatic has informed me this evening that, shockingly, the Ernie Flag has been stolen whilst honouring Ernie at the Spain-England game in Seville.

The travelling fans were set-upon by 8 Spanish thugs whilst having their photographs taken in front of the stadium, after the game.

Thankfully no-one was seriously hurt during the attack, but sadly the flag was taken.

WardleLatic is determined to have a bigger and better ready right away, however there is still a glimmer of hope that involving the media first thing tomorrow might see the flag returned.

If anyone has any resources they feel might improve those slimmest of odds please let me know via PM.

Regards,

Ackey

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you have a problem with spanish people?

I can't answer that question for oafctom in context, but what I do think oafctom was trying to say is that the thugs were oblivious to the fact the the flag stood for a lot more than just a St.Georges cross. I can imagine that they would be revelling in the so-called "glory" of attacking English fans on tour and taking a St.Georges cross as a symbol of victory.

All,

WardleLatic has informed me this evening that, shockingly, the Ernie Flag has been stolen whilst honouring Ernie at the Spain-England game in Seville.

The travelling fans were set-upon by 8 Spanish thugs whilst having their photographs taken in front of the stadium, after the game.

Thankfully no-one was seriously hurt during the attack, but sadly the flag was taken.

WardleLatic is determined to have a bigger and better ready right away, however there is still a glimmer of hope that involving the media first thing tomorrow might see the flag returned.

If anyone has any resources they feel might improve those slimmest of odds please let me know via PM.

Regards,

Ackey

Crikey. Should make for interesting reading on the Ernie Flag Blog. :shock:

It might be a long shot but considering the issue you could try the Spainsh Embassy

Ambassador: His Excellency Mr Carlos Miranda, Count Casa Miranda

Embassy of Spain

39 Chesham Place

SW1X 8SB

Tel 020 7259 5392

Or you could try Chris Davies MEP for the Northwest and former MP for Saddleworth

It might be a long shot but considering the issue you could try the Spainsh Embassy

Ambassador: His Excellency Mr Carlos Miranda, Count Casa Miranda

Embassy of Spain

39 Chesham Place

SW1X 8SB

Tel 020 7259 5392

Or you could try Chris Davies MEP for the Northwest and former MP for Saddleworth

:lol:

Im sure the Spanish Embassy will mobilise the entire Spanish police force to find the missing flag :lol:

He was clearly having ago at the scum that took the flag and not the whole country... Now go fish elsewhere...

exactly ..there are good and nasty people in every country .

as long as they are ok,thats what matters.

and i agree with rummys reasonings,the to$$ers took it as a trophy,they didn't know of the reasonings behind the flag.

unsure if they have any time left there(in fact they are proberbly on their way home now)but i expect they were insured for it and its been reported to the police?

also,one of them sending an email to the sevilla press will do a lot of good.

the ordinary spanish people are very community orientated and they don't like bad apples.

That is very sad.

Hopefully it is recovered.

Is there any chance that the spare square (either this one or if a new one is made) have the Factor 50 details on,and/r the pink4life website so further advertising what it is about.

Edited by singe

Im sure the Spanish Embassy will mobilise the entire Spanish police force to find the missing flag :lol:

I take it you would rather not bother do anything then?

Imagine this, the person who picks up the phone actually senses that this could lead to a diplomatic incident, especially after what happened the last time we played in Spain, and might want to nip it in the bud.

Yes a long shot but I would say it’s a long shot at finding it anyway. I’m sure you have got a lot of better suggestions and I’m kind of puzzled as to why I have yet to read them???

Imagine this, the person who picks up the phone actually senses that this could lead to a diplomatic incident, especially after what happened the last time we played in Spain, and might want to nip it in the bud.

Yes a long shot but I would say it's a long shot at finding it anyway. I'm sure you have got a lot of better suggestions and I'm kind of puzzled as to why I have yet to read them???

Personally I think it is worth a shot JLF - bit of publicity maybe, perhaps they will donate towards the replacement who knows.

I wouldn't think that the whole of the Spanish Police force will be mobilised, but it is the sort of flippant comment I expect from oafczeros.

Derek.

Yeah because thats logical... Its been reported to the local police / media... What more is worth doing... :)

wtf ?? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes a long shot but I would say it’s a long shot at finding it anyway. I’m sure you have got a lot of better suggestions and I’m kind of puzzled as to why I have yet to read them???

Report it to the police... and go home and pray ? :)

How old are you by the way ?

Let me be the first to offer a donation to its replacement. £5

Just let me know where i can drop it off.

=======================================

I'd suggest a PM to Mark (Latics & England) and he'll make some arrangements. Mark and the rest of the flag guys would be grateful for any donations.

As long as the chaps get back in one piece, that's what matters.

Personally I think it is worth a shot JLF - bit of publicity maybe, perhaps they will donate towards the replacement who knows.

I wouldn't think that the whole of the Spanish Police force will be mobilised, but it is the sort of flippant comment I expect from oafczeros.

Loving it... :)

Dereks onboard :)

Seriously can one of you record the phone call you have with the Spanish embassy... I reckon it will be youtube gold :D

Edited by oafc0000