Ernie Flag Shock

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ackey had told Wardle that he would prepare something for the media, but as he was too busy this morning, he asked me to help. I've prepared a summary of what I know with links to the Flag site, pictures of the Flag, the victim, and happier trips to Croatia and Belarus in contrast.

I've sent it to Alan Hardy with a request for help in contacting the media. Alan has replied to say he is in London but will get onto it tomorow, by which time the lads will be back from Spain and can give interviews to the media, if required.

In the absence of the lads themselves, I think that's all I can do at the moment.

If anything appears in the media regarding this then it's still promoting the cause, so in a strange way the incident could prove very positive!!!

Shame the orginal flag didn't make it through the season .... it's purpose lives on in it's absence.

I've tried e-mailing Ian Wright on talksport, you never know!

I'll get looking for places to shout about it online, meanwhile :)

I just phoned em.

After i had give the young lady on the other end of the phone the details,(or what i have got off here today).

"eeeerrrrrr you say there was trouble last night, we might phoned you back",phone dead before i could reply :mad:

Hi guys

Just got back home after the trip back with Alsono, wife and Son on Easy Jet ! Liverpools players wages must be suffering with this credit crunch :wink:

Myself and Mark have been chatting all day when his Jaw has allowed him to :blush: and would just like to say thanks for the concern about what happened.

While we appreciate, what people have said they will do and have started to do, we think that the best course of action would be to send some links into BBC 606 websites and other England Fans websites. Some mentioned about email a Seville paper which could also work !

The flag isnt finished, we will get another and any help with the costs would be great, the last one cost us £250+

We hope to have the new flag ready for Yeovil away, Mark is speaking to the makers tomorrow.

If anyone hasnt heard, Mark C is still out in Spain, word of warning dont drink to heavly on a day trip abroad :grin: He is ok and due home before the end of Oct and the holiday season finishes :wink:

We do want people to know what happened with the old flag, although we dont want a big fuss about what happened. We were in the wrong place at the wrong time and for the press to say there was no trouble I must have dreamed the sirens, bllod on the Pavements and stories from other fans after the game.

Hi guys

Many thanks to everyone who has posted on here/emailed me/text me.

I'm honestly amazed by the support we've got over this but I would like to ask that it doesn't get out of hand. At the end of the day it was one small group of Spanish idiots who threw one punch and stole a flag which to them was just a symbol of England. Clearly, I do not in any way condone what they did and if I could I'd string them all up but we have all got home safely (except Corbett but he will!) and that's all that actually matters.

I'll order a new flag this morning and hopefully we'll have it for Yeovil.

There have been some exceptionally kind offers to halp with the cost of the new flag. This includes an offer to fully fund it. I'd prefer it though, if we could split the cost between as many people as possible so that no individual is significantly out of pocket. If anybody feels that they can contribute in any way, even just a quid or two, I would be hugely grateful. I'll try and sort something out for tomorrow and will post details on here later.

Thanks again

Mark

mark..can't you try to cover the loss under your travel insurance?

Unfortunately not.

There is no police report.

Strangely, I didn't fancy approaching the police while covered in blood trying to explain to them in English that I was the victim.

The new flag hs now been ordered and will be at Yeovil next week.

Some of our fans are top notch. Others, unfortunately, not so.

You, Sir, and the other Flag Lads, are a credit to this club.

Cheers,

KC

Opinions aside, I reckon all our fans are top notch.

The only ones that should stay away are those who only turn up for a fight.

The flag lads are something special though.